Why did Gaga outlast Katy and Kesha?

2010-decade-end-turbo-pop-2019-billboard

all three had their big breakthroughs around the same time (2008-2009), all three are known as singers-songwriters, had somewhat similar sounds (electropop/dance) and competed directly with each other in early years of their careers, but only ONE managed to stay relevant 10+ years after her debut - the Harbinger of Doom, miss Lady Gaga. 

why? can ATRL give me a clear answer on that? :celestial6:

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mystic Boy

• MonsterNavy

• Robyn.

• Jay07

Illuminati

Talent, acclaim, lack of Dr Luke

My Tears Ricochet

NRO and Daisies were bigger than Stupid Love & 911.

Gaga's successful collaborations tricked people into believing she's the bigger star, while in fact Katy is still the bigger solo hit maker.

Not to mention she was ahead of Gaga on last year's forbes best earning musicians list too:gaygacat4:

Gagacharts

Katy never changed her style. She did rock/pop music for 5 albums. 

As a consequence the GP got bored.

Kesha never was as big as Gaga or Katy.

Devin

Idk about Kesha but one with Katy, she kept sticking to the same sound, message, and formula. Gaga switched up and evolved (whether people like it or not). 

WildAmerican
Posted (edited)

Gaga has talent and she reinvented her image at the perfect time. Case closed.

Edited by WildAmerican
Jay07

Kesha had really unfortunate circumstances so I can't comment on that. Katy is a terrible songwriter and couldn't survive leaving Dr. Luke behind. Also, she wasn't flexible enough to be able to evolve beyond her child friendly image into something more mature.

Sharapov

whens the last time she had a solo hit????? 2011??

Dr.Cake
5 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Gaga's successful collaborations tricked people into believing she's the bigger star, while in fact Katy is still the bigger solo hit maker.

Not to mention she was ahead of Gaga on last year's forbes best earning musicians list too:gaygacat4:

Literally what? :deadbanana2:

Mercurio

Gaga has always been more than just an image and showcased raw talent from the start. 

Gagacharts
3 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

So Katy´s biggest singles in the past 4 years are bigger than Gaga´s so called "flop" single an a promo single.

Now compare them to Gaga´s biggest singles form the past 4 years.

Shallow 1.483M > NRO 496M

ARUTW 594M > Diasis 154M

WildAmerican
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

600m streamed, SOTY nominee Always Remember Us This Way which got big in 2019. 

Edited by WildAmerican
Mrguilbeaux

The ability to shapeshift and change. And no matter what she will always be able to convince a room of people she is talented. 

3 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Hmmm why do all these successful collaborators WANT to work with Gaga then? Why does Gaga have an oscar but not bradly? Why does Gaga have 10 more grammys then ariana? Why did stupid love debut at number five? 

like, if you at all cared about no being a biased person you could consider these things. Your fave has gone to her bday parties and handed her awards. Meanwhile all you can do is try and undermine anyone you can without ever trying to see the other side. 

do you not realize how boring you are if every thing you type can be predicted? If i know what you’re gonna say before even reading your comment you’re a predictable sheltered ass person. And you’re always on the first page lol. Refreshing atrl until someone brings up someone you dont like just so you can hop in and tell everyone how much you dont like them lmao

Billionaire
Posted (edited)

Katy had always stuck to the same safe sound and image. When she actually managed to break out of the "big-boobed ideal American woman" image with Witness(and without Dr. Luke), the GP said NO. 

Kesha was never big to begin with. She had cute hits with TiK ToK, We Are Who We R, etc, but she's not in the same league as the other two.

Edited by Billionaire
Da Barbie

gaga developed a more dedicated fanbase/cult following that stayed loyal to her through her flop/backlash era 

then she hired better management after ARTPOP who helped position her comeback 

it has nothing to do with talent 

SashaDevachelli

I think it was due to the fact that pop music was slowly declining in popularity. C2C and ASIB were useful projects to help Gaga not only reinvent herself, but also gain love and respect from the gp. 

Dr.Cake
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

2020 - Stupid Love (400M streams, certified in 7 countries)

2019 - Always Remember Us This Way (1,3 billion streams, certified in 11 countries including 1x Diamond in France and eligible for almost 3x Platinum in the US)

2016 - Million Reasons (1 billion streams, certified in 10 countries and eligible for 4x Platinum in the US)

2013 - Applause (700M streams, certified in 13 countries, including 4x Platinum in the US)

:cm:

Edited by Dr.Cake
Tistotal

She is talented and thirsty for success. I mean, isn't ROM the most playlisting song ever on Spotify?

Katy is fine, at least she is making more money than ever being a flop artist, and I don't know about Kesha. Hope she is ok.

lilMonsterKayla
10 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Does anyone else ever feel really weird when they read this level of delusion? It's so eerie/empty feeling, it's like reading the manifesto of a school shooter.

-

OT: Katy & Ke$ha were never seen as culturally as significant as Lady Gaga was. In fact, a lot of people immediately noted Katy (around 2010-2012) & Ke$ha for recycling Gaga's 'weird fashion, wigs and videos' marketing. Also, Gaga has pipes that enamour and entrance a lot of people live (although she can sound annoying/rusty sometimes, let's be real) but the fact of the matter is, Katy & Ke$ha's live vocals will never enamour and entrance people and this is a huge differentiating factor between the three of them. When your live voice can teeter an audience's heart strings, you have a mega asset above your peers. 

Katy & Ke$ha were NEVER known for their voices, and never will be. Not saying Gaga's voice will go down in history or something (debatable), but it's levels above those two and has been essential in proving herself as more than an attention-seeking pop star to the GP, which Katy & Ke$ha have NEVER been able to do. And thus, they will both be more forgotten than Gaga in the grand scheme.

AxelFox
Posted (edited)

Kesha was never as big as the other two

Katy perry's marketing for Witness was a disaster which ruined her image and public perception 

:cm:

All 3 are has beens though. At least as popstars.

Gaga might find some success in movies and I heard katy's being paid a lot to do Idol? 

Nobody cares about them as singers/artist anymore tho. 

Edited by AxelFox