2013: Did you expect the situation to change?

biblicalmonster

St. Francis

Well yes. While Gaga was running on gimmicks, she also had the talent and the fanbase to help her shift gears which eventually did happen.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• trainsskyscrapers

• Mystic Boy

• lostcause

• MusicTalker

Folklore89sm
Posted (edited)

Let it go

Edited by Folklore89sm
selenachris

I didn’t think people would keep talking about this in 2021 yet here we are. I can’t imagine what topics will be created in 2028

• #FreeBritney Activist
Erreur2 La Nature

It's so weird to see Monsters making this thread over and over. You guys have been traumatized by what happened.

Jay07

Talent always wins, that's why I had faith that Gaga (and ultimately Miley, who redeemed herself with Plastic Hearts) would come back and find their way. The Paula Abdul of the 21st century has also found her rightful spot so I guess time is indeed the ultimate truth teller.

Soda Pop Queen
On 5/3/2021 at 2:42 PM, trainsskyscrapers said:

Based on what we saw in the 2013 female pop music landscape it was though. Artistic growth in the execution of her visuals... and actually Popular music that pushed UNITS? = ArtPop.

Miley, Gaga, Katy, Demi Lovato, and Lorde excelled in one or most of both in 2013, but not at Beyonce's level. Lorde was 100% the second closest, but even her album virtually disappeared when those end-of-decade charts/publications were released.

The peak of "art-pop" is when both the art world (critics/publications/academia) and pop music industry/commerce (sales/execution) are satisfied. Art & Commerce. People also noticed that Beyoncé didn't have to pander to anyone. That's why you could call it a fun album. It wasn't considered pretentious (Another Miley, Gaga, Lorde downfall).

The fact Beyoncé can tick both art and commerce boxes, won some very impressive accolades, and did this all from the CEO desk of her own label is remarkable. I have 0 to take back. I meant every word.

z5QqSPa.gif

2013 in a nutshell lol