New Billie songs not sticking. Why?

katara
Posted (edited)

Looks like Your Power is another dud for Miss Billie after the duds My Future and Therefore I Am.

WW:

My Future - 3,712,032 (-28%)
Therefore I Am - 5,106,506 (-12%)

Your Power - 4,642,820 (-26%)

Is the gud sis having a sophomore slump? :dancehall:

Edited by katara
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• katara

• idleavealone

• Kyoto

• Post Malone

raven
Posted (edited)

'Your Power' is a gorgeous track but I think it was an odd choice for a lead(?) single especially considering the hype that was built up around it. The album will probs still do really well tho 

2SyXfan.gif

Edited by raven
idleavealone

not already :skull: y'all are gonna look so stupid when the album comes out :ahh:

Post Malone

It looks like bad guy (with Justin Bieber) was just a one time fluke to me

ezgif-4-800153e5f1a1.thumb.gif.b7d928dc8feb3f2607effcf88633f924.gif

Vroom Vroom

You guys are going to look like clowns when she releases a huge hit single the day the album releases. Just like she did for her previous album. Her last album had 3-4 singles before Bad Guy was released 

aesthetic bih

It's not that bad. It just means people were expecting a bop from Billie, not a serious song.

Also cool, now people can stop faux stanning her becuz she's successful

TaggedGalaxy

The geepee has had enough of her try hard persona and her whisper vocals :sistrens:

Aslan

They will all rise again once she releases the album and starts promo

SwiftLover

Her album organically smashing & sweeping the Grammys really struck a nerve on ATRL  :alexz3:

OBH will be on full meltdown mode when BE2 drops :celestial4:perched 

Wyvern

The aTTHesive is not strong enough, I fear.

jqnetto

her music post ROTY everything I wanted is boring. She needs new ideas and life experiences.

Truth Teller

Therefore I Am - 5,106,506 (-12%)

How is that not sticking?

OT : Your Power just isn't the kind of song that can pull huge numbers

Billionaire
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

You guys are going to look like clowns when she releases a huge hit single the day the album releases. Just like she did for her previous album. Her last album had 3-4 singles before Bad Guy was released 

This.  :rip: 

OT: Billie was never a singles artist, so not every one of her singles needs to end up being a hit. The song isn't very commercial either and considering this + the lyrical content, it's doing well. People are buying the album anyway, the bad guy chanteuse is far from over. Y'all will look like clowns when HTE ends up being a massive smash. :rip:

Edited by Billionaire
07tandu

Arts not the charts :clap3:

Tbf most of her droplet era singles have been somewhat successful, I think it was gonna be hard to top her debut album in terms of success anyway, it was huge.

Sharapov

not everyone has a payola machine behind her and release generic dance tracks for the masses

ezgif-4-800153e5f1a1.thumb.gif.b7d928dc8

• #FreeBritney Activist
BlackoutZone

When this thread gets bumped in 2022 with Billie having second AOTY win and BE2 will be in top 5 most streamed female albums ever

Talking Fish

It's not really a song you'd keep on replay. But Therefore I Am is a pretty big hit I think.

katara
5 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

when the party is over and bury a friend were huge hits despite low peaks though. The songs in the OP were the opposite: high peaks but weak "hits" without longevity.

MTrain

As someone who loved her last album I haven't gone back to Your Power either. They will push a catchier song with the album hopefully

Vorfreude
Posted (edited)

I really like the song but I feel like she should have waited at least a one good year. She's gonna slay regardless.

Edited by Vorfreude
idleavealone
1 minute ago, BlackoutZone said:

When this thread gets bumped in 2022 with Billie having second AOTY win and BE2 will be in top 5 most streamed female albums ever

speak on it :clap3:

Insanity

Therefore I Am is a better song I fear

99sandthe2000s

you can make that determination 4 days after its release?

even though this is going top 10 just like every "dude" attached to this album .....

layouts & icons. ( COMPLETADA ) . #detodo # De Todo # amreading # books #  wattpad | Billie eilish, Billie, Celebrities