Why did Janet shade Madonna?

Scotland
Posted (edited)

nspT6yW.png

Janet's shade to Madge came out of nowhere, leaving her 'mystified'. She was shading Madge at every chance in the '90s. Why?

Tumblr: Image

Edited by Scotland
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay07

• BeautifulTwistedBabe

• C.Damen

• lonnie

StrangerInTheDark

Because Jacksons didn't like having competition, the same way MJ dissed and sabotaged behind the scenes Prince with every change he got (and even The Beatles and their catalog) Janet and Jackson's entourage was doing that with Madonna.

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
Posted (edited)

• The same reason why Prince “shaded” Michael Jackson. 

• The same reason why Whitney Houston “shaded” Paula Abdul.

• The same reason why Madonna “shaded” Whitney Houston & Boyz II Men.

• The same reason why Mariah Carey “shaded” Madonna, and vice versa.

It was the ‘90’s. All of these acts were big stars and it made for interesting entertainment at the time.

Next >>> 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto
Marshal_ac

Misogyny, entitlement, and rude.

im glad Madonna never acknowledged or give her a response and look how both of their careers went after this comment :fan:

Jay07

I think Madonna came for Michael in the press and Janet was feeling protective.

TipToe

didn't Madonna shade her first? not to mention her sneaky comments towards Michael that could have irked Janet.

Both Sides Now

The shipped back comment always sends me :bibliahh:

Marshal_ac
Just now, TipToe said:

didn't Madonna shade her first? not to mention her sneaky comments towards Michael that could have irked Janet.

Madonna never shaded Janet. In fact she defended her after the super bowl. It was pure jealousy. From the beginning. 

madonnas repose was so elegant and mature:

Slave 4 U

I mean she wasn't exactly wrong :michael:

2564b2c850a6b13f133354daa5d15eb6.jpg

Alaska.

She was siding with her brother. This "feud" wasn't really that serious anyway so I don't get why stans are still clinging to this after all these years

TipToe
4 minutes ago, Marshal_ac said:

Madonna never shaded Janet.

have u watched Truth or Dare? lol

GoodGuyGoneGhetto
5 minutes ago, Slave 4 U said:

I mean she wasn't exactly wrong :michael:

2564b2c850a6b13f133354daa5d15eb6.jpg

:rip:

Insanity

Who cares why Janet shaded Madonna 30 years ago :matty:

Marshal_ac
2 minutes ago, TipToe said:

have u watched Truth or Dare? lol

Nothing she could’ve said makes slut shaming ok. She could’ve gone after her weak vocals but then again janet isn’t strong on that department either. 

Alongoria13
Posted (edited)

She was young and felt untouchable lbr, the moment she got a dose of reality she switched like an f word

As a woman, kicking another woman down during her worst period is less classy than some nude pics, miss Janet if ya nasty.

Edited by Alongoria13
TipToe
1 minute ago, Marshal_ac said:

Nothing she could’ve said makes slut shaming ok. She could’ve gone after her weak vocals but then again janet isn’t strong on that department either. 

oh yeah she was being a hypocrite but like people said it was part of pop culture back in the days, the media instigated these bitch fights left and right and nobody was really hurt in the process, it wasn't problematic or anything. they both should have know better and Madonna was more active in throwing jabs so it's ok, lol.

jdmc219

Oh look at that. Another Janet thread. Another multiple page hit soon, another testament to her relevance.

6fNZXN1.png

TipToe

stream Feedback while y'all browse this thread, gheys

6fNZXN1.png

bestfiction
6 minutes ago, TipToe said:

stream Feedback while y'all browse this thread, gheys

6fNZXN1.png

Discipline is still unavailable for me I hate it here

6fNZXN1.png

Chika

Janet of all people coming for Madonna’s sales is laughable, Mariah, Céline or Whitney maybe but Janet was never even half as successful as them, let alone Madonna. Janet was simply jumping on a hate train against a popular female entertainer, which I’m sure she regretted once she was on the receiving end a few years later.  But even then, when Janet was the easiest punching bag in the world, Madonna didn’t resort to kicking another entertainer while they’re down. It a difference in class, I think.

LikeaRebel
45 minutes ago, Marshal_ac said:

Madonna never shaded Janet. In fact she defended her after the super bowl. It was pure jealousy. From the beginning. 

madonnas repose was so elegant and mature:

“I’ve never met the woman” :lmao:

allforyou

27 years later and y'all still talk about this... Queen Janet truly struck a nerve

6fNZXN1.png

The reason Janet doesn't like Madonna was because when Madonna was friends with MJ in 1990 she talked **** about her to him, plus this (according to Arsenio Hall this happened backstage at the 1990 VMAs):

"..yeah, I was in my dressing room and Madonna's was next to mine and Janet's was next to hers. Well Madonna's dressing room door was cracked open and I could hear her talking about Janet -not in a positive way...and actually one of Janet's people heard as well."

Jay07
14 minutes ago, Chika said:

Janet of all people coming for Madonna’s sales is laughable, Mariah, Céline or Whitney maybe but Janet was never even half as successful as them, let alone Madonna. Janet was simply jumping on a hate train against a popular female entertainer, which I’m sure she regretted once she was on the receiving end a few years later.  But even then, when Janet was the easiest punching bag in the world, Madonna didn’t resort to kicking another entertainer while they’re down. It a difference in class, I think.

Madonna talked more **** about other artists than all of them combined, give me a break.

Moth 2 The Flame
3 minutes ago, allforyou said:

27 years later and y'all still talk about this... Queen Janet truly struck a nerve

6fNZXN1.png

The reason Janet doesn't like Madonna was because when Madonna was friends with MJ in 1990 she talked **** about her to him, plus this (according to Arsenio Hall this happened backstage at the 1990 VMAs):

"..yeah, I was in my dressing room and Madonna's was next to mine and Janet's was next to hers. Well Madonna's dressing room door was cracked open and I could hear her talking about Janet -not in a positive way...and actually one of Janet's people heard as well."

Hmm, I wasn't gonna bother posting in this thread originally but your post reminded me of an interview with Madonna's former dancer, Kevin Stea, basically saying he felt the feud was more one-sided on Madonna than Janet. Video below of interview timestamped

Why I linked this interview again is that from a re-listen he said there was one incident where he felt very weird about the feud and how intense it was but didn't exactly name what it was...but I'm guessing with the Arsenio Hall excerpt from the MTV History book, it was most likely the 1990 VMAs backstage incident then, which according to Arsenio Hall, Madonna was saying "not positive" things about Janet. :celestial5:

Marshal_ac
22 minutes ago, allforyou said:

6fNZXN1.png

“According to Arsenio Hall” ah ok so a he said she said kinda thing. Very believable. She was kicking Madonna when she was down going thru one of the worst media attacks against a female artist (Erotica/Sex book) and Janet decided to kick Madonna while she was down. 

but see “Karma’s not a liar. She keeps receipts” and Janet got it 150x in 2004 and punched her out of the game forever while Madonna went on to achieve many more career heights in the 2000’s and 2010’s decades :-*