FN is out-streaming every 2020s MPG album combined

More Than A Melody
4 minutes ago, Timber said:

Not to discredit you or anything but where did you get the 35k from?

Media traffic

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virtual_Insanity

• Headlock

• More Than A Melody

• unino

More Than A Melody
5 minutes ago, unino said:

all of the fume for this?

fan base] Cardi B - Page 139 - Base - ATRL

:rip: Considering Fine Line is currently outselling worldwide and has sold about twice as many copies... no? Why tf would I “fume”? I everyone else dragging you “fuming” or perhaps your girl is just not that relevant and you’re annoying?

liam13
4 minutes ago, unino said:

this is streaming era, take your pressed ass back to 2010.

Care to explain how Billie sold her album much better than Ariana in pure and digital even though she’s a new name and it’s sTrEaMiNg ErA? 

Timber
2 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

No album released in 2021 with 5 singles and 17 tracks doing under 10m can be considered “phenomenal”... After Hours gets more than 8M a day with 14 tracks and 4 singles so you’re already wrong on that front. Fine Line is still getting 6m a day with 12 tracks even though it was released in 2019 and does not currently have a charting single. 

Last week it got 75,000.

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

And in CSPC it’s at 6.8-6.9m units gaining about 130,000-140,000 a week.

Fine line did great and is probably ahead of FN at the moment. Just fact checking a bit.

More Than A Melody
19 minutes ago, unino said:

peak is everything? hmm .. and with or without the promotions FN is bigger and that's on that no need to bring tinie tiny excuses.

it's simply that one is bigger than the other :cm:

It’s not, tho... if that was the case then 7 by Lil Nas X would be bigger than Reputation. An era is not just defined by big songs. If the layman person can’t recognize the artist from a lineup then they cannot have “an era” and the peaks show you that Ariana has relevancy and her releasing is an event.

unino
Just now, More Than A Melody said:

:rip: Considering Fine Line is currently outselling worldwide and has sold about twice as many copies... no? Why tf would I “fume”? I everyone else dragging you “fuming” or perhaps your girl is just not that relevant and you’re annoying?

i was talking about sneaking FL in the list of great era

why so insecure ..

More Than A Melody
4 minutes ago, Timber said:

Last week it got 75,000.

Fine line did great and is probably ahead of FN at the moment. Just fact checking a bit.

I was looking at the front page, you’re right. They were talking about Billboard. Where do you see the CSPC? Not for FN, in general. Media traffic doesn’t have that.

DonnieDarko
5 minutes ago, Timber said:

Last week it got 75,000.

Mediatraffic is highly and I mean HIGHLY inaccurate. If they say an album sold 75kc, then it most probably sold around 10k more at least.

unino
3 minutes ago, liam13 said:

Care to explain how Billie sold her album much better than Ariana in pure and digital even though she’s a new name and it’s sTrEaMiNg ErA? 

care to explain why they counted streams on charts? 

More Than A Melody
1 minute ago, unino said:

i was talking about sneaking FL in the list of great era

why so insecure ..

Fine Line has sold about 10 million albums worldwide, is about to enter the top 30 most streamed albums in Spotify ever (with 12 tracks... one of the shortest albums in that list), is on track to have all of its tracks certified, has 5 Platinum/Multi-Platinum tracks, is on the list of the “best albums ever” by Rolling Stone (voted by musicians and music journalists), was nominated to 3 Brit Awards, and also 3 Grammies and won 1. Harry was hit maker of the year with this album. It’s one of the best pop eras of the past decade. And he hasn’t given a single interview since March 2020.

And people STILL know who he is :coffee2:

liam13
Just now, unino said:

care to explain why they counted streams on charts? 

Because like you said, it’s streaming era. But you used it as an excuse. Now care to explain why Billie sold more pure, digital  and units with her debut than Dua could ever wish for?

gotportugal
5 hours ago, Billionaire said:

This. :rip: And then they run off and complain when their fave ditches their album the moment it's released. It's not Dua's fault that her album is properly promoted and that the GP are eating it up as a result.

they will always find something to complain about  :dies: 

More Than A Melody
5 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Mediatraffic is highly and I mean HIGHLY inaccurate. If they say an album sold 75kc, then it most probably sold around 10k more at least.

Every time someone cites media traffic someone says this. We all know that, it doesn’t change the fact that it’s the only source we have that somewhat tallies up worldwide sales week by week. You’re welcome to bring a better one around and we’ll all use that one instead.

07tandu

Doesn't it have a bunch of album versions and has been exposed as having obvious Spotify payola? I mean it's doing less streams and is older than newer bigger songs yet is above them on TTH.

Her label is spending a heck of a lot of money to make sure she has hits and it's getting desperate.

little legend

I mean, it has more playlist exposure than all (or at least most of) those albums combined as well and multiple repackages + stolen songs + tacked on collabs etc etc... congrats though I guess 

unino
Just now, More Than A Melody said:

Fine Line has sold about 10 million albums worldwide, is about to enter the top 30 most streamed albums in Spotify ever (with 12 tracks... one of the shortest albums in that list), is on track to have all of its tracks certified, has 5 Platinum/Multi-Platinum tracks, is on the list of the “best albums ever” by Rolling Stone (voted by musicians and music journalists), was nominated to 3 Brit Awards, and also 3 Grammies and won 1. Harry was hit maker of the year with this album. It’s one of the best pop eras of the past decade. And he hasn’t given a single interview since March 2020.

And people STILL know who he is :coffee2:

great era ≠ success and FL's nowhere near being great era like Reputation, 25, Sweetener, tun. 

unclefloprry

Not Levitating doing more than both Taylor albums combined :deadbanana4:

unino
Just now, liam13 said:

Because like you said, it’s streaming era. But you used it as an excuse. Now care to explain why Billie sold more pure, digital  and units with her debut than Dua could ever wish for?

because it's streaming era, sales are not that important anymore and billie just captivated wide range of consumers that's good for her. what's u don't get? 

success albums don't need big sales number anymore, this is not 2010.

unclefloprry

Not the Hairy Stan thinking FL success was organic when his 2 “hit singles” were payoled AF lmao :bloo:

the fact that he proved us if "NO RADIO NO HIT" with Golden lmao

Oh god I forget his RESIDENCY on the Late show with James Corden :biblio:

Timber
22 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

I was looking at the front page, you’re right. They were talking about Billboard. Where do you see the CSPC? Not for FN, in general. Media traffic doesn’t have that.

Here: https://chartmasters.org/2017/10/best-selling-artists-albums-and-singles-of-all-time/18/

They have an excellent formula, basically the Billboard formula but Globally. The problem is that they are so slow at updating and they don't have everyone. I was able to calculate FN's numbers from her old numbers and using the same ratio (works for her cuz her pure sales stay consistent). 

That being said, clearly Harry isn't there, but judging from the fact that the album has 4B Spotify streams and quite good pure sales, I think CZSPC would have it around 8m-ish. I could be widely off. 

liam13
2 minutes ago, unino said:

because it's streaming era, sales are not that important anymore and billie just captivated wide range of consumers that's good for her. what's u don't get? 

success albums don't need big sales number anymore, this is not 2010.

Yes, this is mot 2010.

Katy, even with all those smash hits, couldn’t sell her albums like Taylor, Drake, Adele.

Dua, even with all those smash hits and promotions, couldn’t sell her albums like Billie, Harry, The Weekend.

I like FN but saying it’s a successful album is a reach. Successful era maybe.

unino
1 minute ago, liam13 said:

Yes, this is mot 2010.

Katy, even with all those smash hits, couldn’t sell her albums like Taylor, Drake, Adele.

Dua, even with all those smash hits and promotions, couldn’t sell her albums like Billie, Harry, The Weekend.

I like FN but saying it’s a successful album is a reach. Successful era maybe.

if this is a reach for u then go ahead i won't bother u anymore :heart2:

IFPI_Top_10_2021_All_Format_FINAL.png

liam13
1 minute ago, unino said:

if this is a reach for u then go ahead i won't bother u anymore :heart2:

IFPI_Top_10_2021_All_Format_FINAL.png

Well, i still feel like Dua is Katy 2.0

Until she proves me wrong.

Mystic Boy
1 hour ago, Mariano said:

She didn’t just milk it tho, sis. 

She made remixes with high profile artists. Then apart from that she made an entire remix album with high profile artists excluding some remixes that weren’t included but still count. Then she added several collaborations that have nothing to do with the album. And finally she re released it with more new songs and new collabs + even stealing other people’s songs like Miley’s Prisoner. 

this album at this point is a gigantic compilation, just like her first era. Levitating received extraordinary amount of promo and payola, we went from a remix with Madonna to a remix with Da Baby, the song has been a single for 6-7 months and just now finally caught up. 

With all that said, i personally have no problem with any of this and as you said, good for her for milking and so on. I just don’t understand why the OP keeps comparing to certain other albums that are actual albums 

I totally agree about her team completely ruining the original album concept by sticking all the unnecessary songs like Un Dia and Prisoner just to grab some units, even though the original edition had already excellent streams.

At the end of the day, we'll truly see the result of this milking in her next era.  if she could build a solid fanbase then the job was done if not then she's a GP act and we know how this will end :rip:

getinthezone
52 minutes ago, 07tandu said:

Doesn't it have a bunch of album versions and has been exposed as having obvious Spotify payola? I mean it's doing less streams and is older than newer bigger songs yet is above them on TTH.

Her label is spending a heck of a lot of money to make sure she has hits and it's getting desperate.

BTS