Gimme More is Britneys most popular song amongst Gen Z. Why?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• easy HME

• IAMDOM

• Jeremiah

• hector.adriel

Communion

Memes are basically the modern-day syncs and even now syncs help keep songs alive.

I know some artists feel like they're degrading their artistry~ by letting film and tv use their music, but I mean, look at how such has helped Britney's discography, especially compared to where she was.

Toxic in Pretty Young Woman, Gimme More in Hustlers. 

Music is meant to be engaged with and that includes in other forms of pop culture.

I find it terribly unfunny, but Step Brothers basically ensured that Sweet Child O'Mine by Guns N' Roses was noteworthy for an entire new generation decades later and to people not even alive when the song came out. :priceless:

dirrtydiana
7 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

And Circus is coming now as well.

#justiceforcircus 

It should’ve debut #1 with the album. One of her best singles

dirrtydiana
2 minutes ago, Communion said:

Memes are basically the modern-day syncs and even now syncs help keep songs alive.

I know some artists feel like they're degrading their artistry~ by letting film and tv use their music, but I mean, look at how such has helped Britney's discography, especially compared to where she was.

Toxic in Pretty Young Woman, Gimme More in Hustlers. 

Music is meant to be engaged with and that includes in other forms of pop culture.

I find it terribly unfunny, but Step Brothers basically ensured that Sweet Child O'Mine by Guns N' Roses was noteworthy for an entire new generation decades later and to people not even alive when the song came out. :priceless:

Don’t forget gimme mores legacy also extends to 140 million straights who bought GTAV

Dula Peep
1 minute ago, dirrtydiana said:

Don’t forget gimme mores legacy also extends to 140 million straights who bought GTAV

Honestly.... GTA Vice City is how I discovered most 80s smashes so this makes sense :jamming:

stunts wtf GIF by Plays.tv

infrared

I mean of her top hits, it's the one that sounds the least dated. It literally could be released today, which means it was ahead of its time. 

dirrtydiana
30 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

Honestly.... GTA Vice City is how I discovered most 80s smashes so this makes sense :jamming:

stunts wtf GIF by Plays.tv

Sameeee

:WAP:

mystery
10 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Because it went viral on tiktok. That's why

And why did it go viral? Because people love the song and engage with it to the point of creating dances & challenges to go along with it. Truly a timeless iconic smash.

• #FreeBritney Activist
easy HME
53 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

#justiceforcircus 

It should’ve debut #1 with the album. One of her best singles

If her team had any brains they could have make that happen.

Her best song

• #FreeBritney Activist
easy HME
53 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

I guess gen Z has taste :michael:

RelievedSmoggyCrossbill-size_restricted.gif

Ratchet extensions aside. She looked so beautiful that night

dirrtydiana
13 minutes ago, easy HME said:

If her team had any brains they could have make that happen.

Her best song

They were and still stuck in that 90s mentality where selling albums > chart peaks lol

• #FreeBritney Activist
easy HME
Just now, dirrtydiana said:

They were and still stuck in that 90s mentality where selling albums > chart peaks lol

The fact they could have milked both Circus era and FF for what its worth. But nooooooo

Sweet Sexy Savage

It’s the trashiest song Britney has ever done ever so it makes sense

lilMonsterKayla

Gen Z (and Millenns) are getting super nostalgic for the 00s too right now, and GM is such a definitive (and just all around great pop song) of a period full of tabloids, sex and craziness.

FloridaKilos

It's a good pop song and the tweens probably remember her particularly from that era since she was such a media target. 

Pandora

It’s the epitome of late 2000s pop, changed the game, and still hasn’t aged a day. No wonder Gen Z loves it, we have amazing taste

Edited by Pandora
My Tears Ricochet
1 hour ago, mystery said:

And why did it go viral? 

Because it's a meme song, nothing else

hector.adriel

Gimme More is THE definition of dark pop perfection, also deserves to be Britney’s signature hit along with BOMT, OIDIA, and Toxic

• #FreeBritney Activist
easy HME
16 minutes ago, Pandora said:

It’s the epitome of late 2000s pop, changed the game, and still hasn’t aged a day. No wonder Gen Z loves it, we have amazing taste

This. We have the beat taste in history 

• #FreeBritney Activist
Breathe On Moi
25 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Because it's a meme song, nothing else

tenor.gif

OT: Because generation Z is finally serving taste and learning about Pop LEGACY :clap3:

• #FreeBritney Activist
easy HME
3 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

tenor.gif

OT: Because generation Z is finally serving taste and learning about Pop LEGACY :clap3:

:deadbanana2: