Bigger icon in the UK: Beyoncé vs Britney Spears

Beyoncé vs Britney Spears  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger icon in the UK

biblicalmonster
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Mariano said:

Wait.. you think Britney is a bigger icon than Gaga? :ahh: is it 2003?  Especially in a topic about the UK - you’re the one who is brave, Britney stan. 

OT: Beyonce by far, in every corner of the world. 

Right?

Especially when all the singles from FF were a non factor in the UK. Only S&S did well and that's not a lead song for her. :rip:

Edited by biblicalmonster
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mystic Boy

• BlueBird

• MrLovett

• perfillusion

lepetitmonstr

Bey. Britney stans thinking otherwise is such a kii tbh :cm:

MrLovett
4 hours ago, BlueBird said:

Madonna also hasn't scanned platinum here since 2008 yet she's bigger and better than Beyonce in every single imaginable way. You thought you did sumn with your "facts".

OT: Britney Spears feels way bigger.

Beyoncé is the fourth highest selling female artist of all time, in the UK. Britney is twentieth. Girl, you do not have an argument here. :rip: Beyoncé has out-sold, out-toured and out-streamed her here. There's no a single metric where Britney has excelled over her. Regardless of your "feelings". I can "feel" the sky is green, it doesn't make it a fact.

You tried though.

smoothkarmel
36 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Beyoncé is the fourth highest selling female artist of all time, in the UK. Britney is twentieth. Girl, you do not have an argument here. :rip: Beyoncé has out-sold, out-toured and out-streamed her here. There's no a single metric where Britney has excelled over her. Regardless of your "feelings". I can "feel" the sky is green, it doesn't make it a fact.

You tried though.

Damn:rip:

Bayouboy
51 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

You tried though.

200.gif

lawmak

Britney

Albums

BOMT 4xPlatinum

OIDIA 3P

Britney P

ITZ P

Blackout P

Circus P

FF P

GH:MP 3P

TSC G

Singles

BOMT 3P

Sometimes Gold

(YDM)C Silver

BTMYH G

OIDIA P

Lucky S

Stronger S

IMAS4U S

Overprotected S

IMNAGNYAW S

Toxic P

Everytime G

Gimme More G

Piece of Me S

Womanizer P

Circus S

IUSA S

3 S

HIAM S

TTWE S

S&S P

WB S

Beyonce'

Albums

DIL 4P

BD P+G

IASF 5P

4 2P

Beyonce' 2P

Lemonade P

4TR S

MO S

Singles

CIL 2P

BB G

MMAI S

NG S

COI S

DV S

Irreplaceable P

Listen P

BL P

IIWAB 2P

SL (PAROI) 2P

Diva S

Halo 3P

SD P

BHG S

RTW (G) P

BTINH P

LOT P

Countdown S

EOT S

XO G

DIL P

Partition G

PH S

Flawless S

7/11 P

Formation S

Sorry S

HU G

03B&C S

Telephone P

R(LIA) P

WOW S

UU S

DL S

FM S

It's Beyonce'/

lovemehateme

I didn't know levels of iconicness were only determined by the amount of records sold, but you always learn something new here.

lawmak

BlueBird
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

Provide 1 legit receipt :laugh: a quick look at Classic ATRL will make you look so dumb I can't :dies: hiding behind Beyonce?  and why exactly? She's probably the most hated artist here with Gaga :skull: ...I would hide like most behind Taylor or Ariana.

Back to topic ,You ve been provided countless receipts here but as a good deluded Britney stan you chose to ignore them :cm:

Everyone knows you’re a Gaga stan hiding behind Beyonce and yes you have been exposed before. Don’t play dumb:deadbanana2:

So you have no receipts that Beyonce outsold Britney? Thought so:swan:

4 hours ago, Mariano said:

Wait.. you think Britney is a bigger icon than Gaga? :ahh: is it 2003?  Especially in a topic about the UK - you’re the one who is brave, Britney stan. 

OT: Beyonce by far, in every corner of the world. 

:rip:

Gaga isn’t even bigger than Beyonce let alone Britney:rip:

Britney/Madonna/Beyonce talk is out of your league LM, stick to the Gaga VS Katy threads:deadbanana2:

3 hours ago, MrLovett said:

You tried though.

The fumes:rip:

The way you’re so obssessed with me that Britney feeling bigger than Beyonce has had you fuming for 8 hours straight:rip: 

Has Beyonce sold more albums than Britney in the UK? Provide receipts or zip it.

OT: I’ve not heard Beyonce’s songs out since Drunk In Love. Maybe it’s because I’m 18 and the dinosaurs Mystic and MrLovett are pushing 50 so Bey might feel bigger with their generation? Idk but I left high school two years ago and Britney felt way bigger and was always more referenced. Also her songs are always playing somewhere while Bey debuts albums with 900 copies here:deadbanana2:

Not to mention Britney has more #1 hits. Maybe that’s why.

Edited by BlueBird
MrLovett
1 hour ago, BlueBird said:

The way you’re so obssessed with me that Britney feeling bigger than Beyonce has had you fuming for 8 hours straight:rip: 

Has Beyonce sold more albums than Britney in the UK? Provide receipts or zip it.

OT: I’ve not heard Beyonce’s songs out since Drunk In Love. Maybe it’s because I’m 18 and the dinosaurs Mystic and MrLovett are pushing 50 so Bey might feel bigger with their generation? Idk but I left high school two years ago and Britney felt way bigger and was always more referenced. Also her songs are always playing somewhere while Bey debuts albums with 900 copies here:deadbanana2:

That's an incredibly weak response to someone pointing out that there's not a single metric that Britney has exceeded over Beyoncé in, in the UK. Britney has sold 4,400,000 albums in the UK, whilst Beyoncé has sold 4,720,000 albums. Further to that, Beyoncé has sold 17,000,000 singles (to Britney's 8,400,000). This makes Beyoncé the fourth highest selling female artist of all time in the UK, and Britney the twentieth.

You are welcome to see the breakdown in this thread, which tracks sales by female artists. UK certifications update automatically, so are the most up to date resource we have for record sales.

You pretending to be 18 makes sense with your childish responses, but again: you wanting something to be true, doesn't make it so. Britney has never been particularly big here in the UK, meanwhile Beyoncé has been a dominating force for the last 2 decades.

I guess you'll just have to stay mad about it. :)

• #FreeBritney Activist
Leigh

I'm a Britney stan but it's obviously Beyoncé. None of Brit's albums have managed to outsell DIL/IASF and Beyoncé's next solo album will likely be massive. That being said, let's not pit these legends against one another. 

unclefloprry

Beyonce has mediocre stats in the UK

• #FreeBritney Activist
Leigh
1 minute ago, unclefloprry said:

She has 5 multi-platinum albums (more than anyone in your stan list except Rihanna)

unclefloprry
4 minutes ago, Leigh said:

She has 5 multi-platinum albums (more than anyone in your stan list except Rihanna)

12 years without a solo #1 hit

10 years without a solo Top 10 hit
7 consecutive singles out of Top 30. 
:giraffe:

perfillusion

Everyone knows you’re a Gaga stan hiding behind Beyonce and yes you have been exposed before. Don’t play dumb:deadbanana2:

So you have no receipts that Beyonce outsold Britney? Thought so:swan:

:rip:

Gaga isn’t even bigger than Beyonce let alone Britney:rip:

Britney/Madonna/Beyonce talk is out of your league LM, stick to the Gaga VS Katy threads:deadbanana2:

You're off topic, Britney stan, this is not about Gaga. Britney is not fully global and her chart struggle in the UK is proof. Not only does she not have a UK #1 album, she doesnt even have a mega UK album. Her highest certified album is "Baby One More Time" (4x platinum). Even Xtina has better, with "Stripped" (7x platinum). 

• #FreeBritney Activist
Leigh
1 minute ago, unclefloprry said:

Not you expecting a woman who's been in the industry for 20+ years to still score solo hits. I'm sure Hold Up (#11) would've gone top 10 if she didn't sabotage it + she's very much an albums artist rather than a singles one.

MrLovett
1 hour ago, unclefloprry said:

:rip: She's the fourth biggest selling female artist of all time here. You aren't fooling anyone.

Don't Stop Me Now

These arguments are dumb - all of the receipts in this thread point to Beyoncé. It’s Bey.

Ari29
3 hours ago, lovemehateme said:

I didn't know levels of iconicness were only determined by the amount of records sold, but you always learn something new here.

lawmak

Interesting argument 

show-me-the-receipts-gif-10.thumb.gif.80

zoldyck
1 hour ago, unclefloprry said:

same can be said about Britney, in fact it is much worse

17 years without solo #1 hit

Infinite years without a #1 album

Mystic Boy
4 hours ago, zoldyck said:

:ahh:

BlueBird
18 hours ago, perfillusion said:

You're off topic, Britney stan, this is not about Gaga. Britney is not fully global and her chart struggle in the UK is proof. Not only does she not have a UK #1 album, she doesnt even have a mega UK album. Her highest certified album is "Baby One More Time" (4x platinum). Even Xtina has better, with "Stripped" (7x platinum). 

The audacity. If Britney Spears ain’t global then idk what Beyonce or Gaga are:michael:

Keep on holding on for dear life to the fact Britney has no #1 album in the UK while she has 5 #2 albums and often she was very close to the #1 spot. You’re lucky she has a trash team who can’t be bothered to push her album in the first week for that top spot:fan:

18 hours ago, MrLovett said:

That's an incredibly weak response to someone pointing out that there's not a single metric that Britney has exceeded over Beyoncé in, in the UK. Britney has sold 4,400,000 albums in the UK, whilst Beyoncé has sold 4,720,000 albums. Further to that, Beyoncé has sold 17,000,000 singles (to Britney's 8,400,000). This makes Beyoncé the fourth highest selling female artist of all time in the UK, and Britney the twentieth.

You are welcome to see the breakdown in this thread, which tracks sales by female artists. UK certifications update automatically, so are the most up to date resource we have for record sales.

You pretending to be 18 makes sense with your childish responses, but again: you wanting something to be true, doesn't make it so. Britney has never been particularly big here in the UK, meanwhile Beyoncé has been a dominating force for the last 2 decades.

I guess you'll just have to stay mad about it. :)

What are these fumes:rip:

Not you fuming because I am indeed 18 and you’re pushing 40 at best:bibliahh:

Anyways Bey has indeed sold more albums than Brit in the UK but your stats are wrong which is why you’re receipt-less:rip: Both have sold more than that, the difference is about ~100,000 with Britney almost selling 5m and Bey just making it past that mark. 99p singles are not relevant here even tho Britney does have more #1 hits.

Point stands that Britney feels bigger to me so I’m not sure why you’re trying to change my mind so much. I see at least one local on my FBook account every day sharing some **** about Britney, people have also brought this up in conversation, you can argue it’s a scandal/her personal life but your fave’s trashy attempts to stay relevant (for example exposing her and her husbands personal life for a narrative and extra sales, only to take his cheating ass back) made zero waves outside of twitter:michael:

She’s clearly trying to transition into a full-on icon where people care about her life cause that’s what really cements an icon into forever-stardom. Michael Jackson, Marilyn Monroe, Britney, Madonna, etc all had immense interest in their personal lifes, probably just as much as they had in their work. Bey could never have that amount of attention in her personal life cause people don’t care that much and I’m seeing people care less and less. You can bring up her “no interviews” shtick but we all know that’s just her personal “goddess” persona she loves to have meanwhile she herself and her PR team create a new scandal every 2 years to keep her name afloat. Meanwhile look at Britney... to this day begging people to stay out of her business meanwhile being one of the most searched women on Google and Yahoo and one of the most talked about women in 2021, way more than Beyonce. Like I said I’ve also heard Britney’s music more out and about. Beyonce’s last cultural hit was Drunk In Love which was arounf Britney’s last too. Difference being that all of Britney’s 2000s hits play everywhere to this day meanwhile you’ll only hear Crazy In Love and Halo maybe:dies:

MrLovett
19 minutes ago, BlueBird said:

Not you fuming because I am indeed 18 and you’re pushing 40 at best

Anyways Bey has indeed sold more albums than Brit in the UK but your stats are wrong which is why you’re receipt-less:rip: Both have sold more than that, the difference is about ~100,000 with Britney almost selling 5m and Bey just making it past that mark. 99p singles are not relevant here even tho Britney does have more #1 hits.

Point stands that Britney feels bigger to me so I’m not sure why you’re trying to change my mind so much. I see at least one local on my FBook account every day sharing some **** about Britney, people have also brought this up in conversation, you can argue it’s a scandal/her personal life but your fave’s trashy attempts to stay relevant (for example exposing her and her husbands personal life for a narrative and extra sales, only to take his cheating ass back) made zero waves outside of twitter:michael:

She’s clearly trying to transition into a full-on icon where people care about her life cause that’s what really cements an icon into forever-stardom. Michael Jackson, Marilyn Monroe, Britney, Madonna, etc all had immense interest in their personal lifes, probably just as much as they had in their work. Bey could never have that amount of attention in her personal life cause people don’t care that much and I’m seeing people care less and less. You can bring up her “no interviews” shtick but we all know that’s just her personal “goddess” persona she loves to have meanwhile she herself and her PR team create a new scandal every 2 years to keep her name afloat. Meanwhile look at Britney... to this day begging people to stay out of her business meanwhile being one of the most searched women on Google and Yahoo and one of the most talked about women in 2021, way more than Beyonce. Like I said I’ve also heard Britney’s music more out and about. Beyonce’s last cultural hit was Drunk In Love which was arounf Britney’s last too. Difference being that all of Britney’s 2000s hits play everywhere to this day meanwhile you’ll only hear Crazy In Love and Halo maybe:dies:

I get you're not able to argue your point, but trying to convince yourself I'm 40 when I'm in my 20s is almost as embarrassing as the rest of this post. :toofunny3:

It's funny how you were arguing that Britney had sold more albums "provide receipts or zip it", but are now swinging to "Bey has indeed sold more albums". :skull: Yes, she has. She's sold more everything here than Britney. They're not even remotely close to one another. Britney had a nice big peak in the 90s and since then, the British GP haven't been interested.

Again, you can believe whatever you like, but sadly that doesn't equal facts. Facts remain that Beyoncé has out-sold, out-streamed and out-toured Britney in the UK. Regardless of how many embarrassing meltdowns you post in order to make yourself feel better. :toofunny3:

Your final paragraph is such a car crash, it doesn't even deserve addressing. :rip: Once you realised your only argument of Brit selling more albums was wrong, you could've just not replied. You didn't need to embarrass yourself again. It's just getting pathetic.

perfillusion

The audacity. If Britney Spears ain’t global then idk what Beyonce or Gaga are:michael:

Keep on holding on for dear life to the fact Britney has no #1 album in the UK while she has 5 #2 albums and often she was very close to the #1 spot. You’re lucky she has a trash team who can’t be bothered to push her album in the first week for that top spot:fan:

What are these fumes:rip:

Not you fuming because I am indeed 18 and you’re pushing 40 at best:bibliahh:

The off topic outburst :rip:  

When personal attacks are what you have instead of receipts, you lost the argument. Beyonce is bigger. Good day to you.

Broken
On 5/4/2021 at 2:20 PM, zoldyck said:

:bibliahh:

Bmezy

Hive must be so bored.. Giselle is starving us fr.

most of these posts don’t even deserve a response.