Bigger icon in the UK: Beyoncé vs Britney Spears

Beyoncé vs Britney Spears  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger icon in the UK

Mystic Boy
3 hours ago, perfillusion said:

I just saw Womanizer did pretty well (still didn't go #1 though) but Circus peaked outside the top 10 and did not make the UK YE Top 100 :deadbanana: 

The so called hit TTWE didn't even enter the Top20 in the UK :deadbanana:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mystic Boy

• BlueBird

• MrLovett

• perfillusion

Shelter
3 hours ago, perfillusion said:

I just saw Womanizer did pretty well (still didn't go #1 though) but Circus peaked outside the top 10 and did not make the UK YE Top 100 :deadbanana: 

If I Were A Boy was released the same week. Bey won :rip:

brainmaniac
16 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

The so called hit TTWE didn't even enter the Top20 in the UK :deadbanana:

:deadbanana:

How did I Wanna Go do? 

Marla Singer

Beyoncé, same as in every other country.

Shelter
5 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

How did I Wanna Go do? 

giphy.gif

Mystic Boy
7 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

How did I Wanna Go do? 

#111 :deadbanana4:

brainmaniac
8 minutes ago, Shelter said:

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

#111 :deadbanana4:

:hoetenks: :deadbanana4: :rip:

CaptainMusic
8 minutes ago, BlueBird said:

Britney feels bigger here in the UK.

Which UK do you live in? Certainly NOT the one I do? 

Beyoncé feels and is much bigger, it’s not even close.

BlueBird
Just now, CaptainMusic said:

Which UK do you live in? Certainly NOT the one I do? 

Beyoncé feels and is much bigger, it’s not even close.

I live in the UK in Europe. I think there’s only one UK. Thank you for your opinion (??) and for the fumes.

OT: Britney feels way bigger here. As a 18 yo I’ve heard Britney’s songs way more here growing up and her being name dropped more. She’s always playing in a mall or something. Haven’t heard a Bey song out and about since Drunk In Love. Britney does have more #1 songs so maybe that’s also why.

perfillusion
On 5/2/2021 at 1:52 AM, Shelter said:

giphy.gif

Mess, ATRL almost had me believing Femme Fatale was a successful era :rip:

Marshal_ac
On 5/1/2021 at 6:50 PM, gerardsuxx said:

Britney is the bigger icon everywhere 

1 hour ago, BlueBird said:

Not true 

BlueBird
6 minutes ago, Marshal_ac said:

Not true 

It is true.

OT: Britney feels way bigger here in the UK to me.

Mystic Boy
5 hours ago, BlueBird said:

I live in the UK in Europe. I think there’s only one UK. Thank you for your opinion (??) and for the fumes.

OT: Britney feels way bigger here. As a 18 yo I’ve heard Britney’s songs way more here growing up and her being name dropped more. She’s always playing in a mall or something. Haven’t heard a Bey song out and about since Drunk In Love. Britney does have more #1 songs so maybe that’s also why.

3 hours ago, BlueBird said:

It is true.

OT: Britney feels way bigger here in the UK to me.

Yeah thanks for adding the bolded part in the end :sistrens:

MrLovett

Britney feels way bigger here. As a 18 yo I’ve heard Britney’s songs way more here growing up and her being name dropped more. She’s always playing in a mall or something. Haven’t heard a Bey song out and about since Drunk In Love. Britney does have more #1 songs so maybe that’s also why.

She also hasn't scanned a Platinum album here since 2008, meanwhile Beyoncé just did it with her last studio album in 2016. I guess that's the difference between feeling and facts.

BlueBird
25 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

She also hasn't scanned a Platinum album here since 2008, meanwhile Beyoncé just did it with her last studio album in 2016. I guess that's the difference between feeling and facts.

Madonna also hasn't scanned platinum here since 2008 yet she's bigger and better than Beyonce in every single imaginable way. You thought you did sumn with your "facts".

OT: Britney Spears feels way bigger.

Mystic Boy
8 minutes ago, BlueBird said:

Madonna also hasn't scanned platinum here since 2008 yet she's bigger and better than Beyonce in every single imaginable way. You thought you did sumn with your "facts".

OT: Britney Spears feels way bigger.

The difference is Madonna was 30 years into her career when MDNA was released whereas Beyoncé is Britney peer ,you really thought you did something  :rip:

Just ask yourself in 2021, between these 2 who debuted about the same time,  if they would release an album and a concert the same day, who would sell better? :allears:

BlueBird
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

The difference is Madonna was 30 years into her career when MDNA was released whereas Beyoncé is Britney peer ,you really thought you did something  :rip:

Just ask yourself in 2021, between these 2 who debuted about the same time,  if they would release an album and a concert the same day, who would sell better? :allears:

Oh hey Gaga Stan hiding behind a Beyonce avi! Brave to get involved in a Britney/Madonna/Beyonce debate!:celestial2: anyways what's in question is not number of years of career so I stopped reading after that. Lovett mentioned how having your last platinum album 13 years ago means you are less relevant and I simply debunked that theory, sorry it went over your head!

OT: Britney feels much bigger than Bey and Gaga!

Edited by BlueBird
lovemehateme

Britney Spears is the most iconic pop star who debuted in the last 25 years. :sorry:

BlueBird
12 minutes ago, lovemehateme said:

Britney Spears is the most iconic pop star who debuted in the last 25 years. :sorry:

They hate to admit it tho. Glad the GP seems to agree judging by that viral tweet the other day with almost 200K likes!:fan:

Mystic Boy
1 minute ago, BlueBird said:

They hate to admit it tho. Glad the GP seems to agree judging by that viral tweet the other day with almost 200K likes!:fan:

Ok Britney Land member ,whatever float your boat with your viral tweets while Beyoncé outsold, outgrossed and outstreamed :dies:

29 minutes ago, BlueBird said:

Oh hey Gaga Stan hiding behind a Beyonce avi! Brave to get involved in a Britney/Madonna/Beyonce debate!:celestial2: anyways what's in question is not number of years of career so I stopped reading after that. Lovett mentioned how having your last platinum album 13 years ago means you are less relevant and I simply debunked that theory, sorry it went over your head!

This a tired narrative honey, come up with something else :toofunny3:

OT:

Beyoncé outsold, outgrossed, outstreamed. Acclaim and respect wise she just shuttered her down, deal with it :fan:

BlueBird
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

Ok Britney Land member ,whatever float your boat with your viral tweets while Beyoncé outsold, outgrossed and outstreamed :dies:

This a tired narrative honey, come up with something else :toofunny3:

OT:

Beyoncé outsold, outgrossed, outstreamed. Acclaim and respect wise she just shuttered her down, deal with it :fan:

It's not just a narrative, it's a well known fact around here and you've been exposed many times sweetcheeks. Now could you kindly provide me receipts that Beyonce outsold Britney in the UK, Gaga Stan? Not doubting you but I cannot see any receipts for that online. Eternally grateful!:heart2:

OT: Britney is referenced all the time here. I haven't heard people bring up Beyonce since the 2016 Superbowl and haven't heard her songs out in public since DIL. Britney feels much bigger.

Edited by BlueBird
Mystic Boy
1 hour ago, BlueBird said:

It's not just a narrative, it's a well known fact around here and you've been exposed many times sweetcheeks. Now could you kindly provide me receipts that Beyonce outsold Britney in the UK, Gaga Stan? Not doubting you but I cannot see any receipts for that online. Eternally grateful!:heart2:

OT: Britney is referenced all the time here. I haven't heard people bring up Beyonce since the 2016 Superbowl and haven't heard her songs out in public since DIL. Britney feels much bigger.

Provide 1 legit receipt :laugh: a quick look at Classic ATRL will make you look so dumb I can't :dies: hiding behind Beyonce?  and why exactly? She's probably the most hated artist here with Gaga :skull: ...I would hide like most behind Taylor or Ariana.

Back to topic ,You ve been provided countless receipts here but as a good deluded Britney stan you chose to ignore them :cm:

Mariano
3 hours ago, BlueBird said:

Wait.. you think Britney is a bigger icon than Gaga? :ahh: is it 2003?  Especially in a topic about the UK - you’re the one who is brave, Britney stan. 

OT: Beyonce by far, in every corner of the world.