Bigger icon in the UK: Beyoncé vs Britney Spears

Beyoncé vs Britney Spears  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger icon in the UK

both are massive icons in the UK, but which is bigger?

charts discussion] Females w/ most weeks in top 10 (BB200) - Charts - ATRL

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mystic Boy

• BlueBird

• MrLovett

• perfillusion

• #FreeBritney Activist
ConceptD

I’d say Britney. 

PrudenceHCharmed

Lemonade did Platinum without streaming and televised performance. So Bey. 

biblicalmonster

UK units

Beyoncé: 21.270 million

Britney: 14.550 million

You tell me 

1 minute ago, biblicalmonster said:

UK units

Beyoncé: 21.270 million

Britney: 14.550 million

You tell me 

what's your source?

Mystic Boy

07tandu

Lemonade is platinum in the UK

Glory has no certifications in the UK

So Beyoncé

igninton

Lol

The UK only uses Britney for nostalgia with BOMT and Toxic, period. She's never had a #1 album in the UK. Her last certified album was Femme Fatale (Gold) and it peaked at #8. Her last solo Top 5 single was Womanizer in 2008. :rip: 

Both ST and Lemonade have sold over 500k units each in the UK, something Britney hasn't accomplished since Britney and In The Zone.

Take your guess :sistrens:

Edited by igninton
GoodGuyGoneGhetto

Beyoncé is more certified in the U.K. than Britney Spears (in both singles and albums) so I’m going to say...

Mrs. Knowles-Carter.

Spears was/is huge here too however. Her run from “BOMT” to “ITZ/MP:Greatest Hits” was exceptional and we (Europe) never quite ‘abandoned’ her like the U.S did at one stage. 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto
nathanspears

Beyonce 100%, Britney's perfumes however are HUGELY popular here. I smell her perfumes in public more than I hear her music.

perfillusion

Beyonce. Britney not only has 0 #1 albums in the UK but was nationally dragged for her UK X Factor performance and has not recovered since

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1090558/After-disastrous-X-Factor-performance-Britney-Spears-high-tails-New-York.html ... .

her Femme Fatale tour struggled in the UK as well

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/britney-spears-facing-birmingham-concert-225843 

Beyoncé by far considering she has more #1 & multiplatinum albums, has spent more weeks charting, etc. Good thing the OCC agrees as well.

The UK's Official Top 10 women album artists – 2000 to 2021

POS ARTIST
1 ADELE
2 P!NK
3 MADONNA
4 RIHANNA
5 DIDO
6 AMY WINEHOUSE
7 KYLIE MINOGUE
8 BEYONCE
9 BRITNEY SPEARS
10 LADY GAGA

©2021 Official Charts Company.

15 minutes ago, MoonGoodandHappy said:

Nobody cares about how a collaborative soundtrack (which wasn't even properly released in the UK) performed. :rip: Her last album Lemonade debuted at #1 with the biggest first week sales of the year, and is close to being certified 2x Platinum. Not that you would know anything about that though, your fave hasn't seen a UK multiplatinum album in 10 years.

OT: IASF outsold every Britney album in the UK so Beyoncé by default. That's not to say that Britney's success wasn't impressive though. :clap3:

Mercurio

Britney is a force and is widely loved here in the UK, but Beyoncé is a literal God figure here and can sell out Wembley Stadium. Not a day goes by where her name isn’t mentioned in conversation with friends or without her music being referenced.