When & How Did Dua Lipa Surpass Selena Gomez?

GoodGuyGoneGhetto

Virtual_Insanity
5 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

Selena has actually spent 16 weeks in the top 10. everyone knows this.

Dua Lipa has not yet surpassed Selena. she will need another Future Nostalgia sized era to be almost on par with her. and 2 more to surpass her.

Selena has actually spent 16 weeks in the top 10. everyone knows this.

Dua Lipa has not yet surpassed Selena. she will need another Future Nostalgia sized era to be almost on par with her. and 2 more to surpass her.

#1 Hits

Selena - 1

Dua - 0

Top 10 hits 

Selena 8

Dua 3

#1 albums 

Selena - 3 

Dua - 0

try again.

Number of weeks spent on the hot 100

Selena - 501

Dua - 269

Try again in 5 years xoxo

Actually the stats for Selena Gomez & The Scene do NOT count for Selena's solo stats so nice try but no. What the OP said is correct. 

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leigh

• Virtual_Insanity

• Selena’s Bad Liar

• gotportugal

selena_lavigne
Just now, Virtual_Insanity said:

Actually the stats for Selena Gomez & The Scene do NOT count for Selena's solo stats so nice try but no. What the OP said is correct. 

check billboard and educate yourself. Selena Gomez & The Scene is the same thing as Selena Gomez.

they are different on spotify because of the slight change in name.

17 minutes ago, Stupid Love said:

Yes.

Miss Gomez didn't need a TTH residency to ascend to the top of the Hot 100. :swan:

Miss Dua on the other hand had to pull out all the stunts (Remix albums, blatant Spotify Payola, a re-release of her album (after the remix album), a rent-a-rapper remix, performances at every awards show, etc.)

Miss Gomez on the other hand may not have the stats, but she has something that Miss Dua is lacking severely in, and that's name recognition and celebrity. :giraffe:

Not to mention she's been in this industry far longer and doesn't have to rely on hits to maintain her relevancy.

#ThankYouJustinBieber

07tandu

Dua has yet to achieve the quality of Bad Liar, Hands to Myself, Good For You, Fetish or Love You Like A Love Song so no the TTH permanent resident has not yet surpassed Selena :giraffe:

Virtual_Insanity
2 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

check billboard and educate yourself. Selena Gomez & The Scene is the same thing as Selena Gomez.

they are different on spotify because of the slight change in name.

Actually, no it isn't. Selena has had THREE solo albums. Stop trying to spin the facts. Dua is bigger, period. 

Stupid Love
4 minutes ago, Aslan said:

Does a successful woman with great work ethic threaten you? :siptea:

My top 5 faves are Gaga, Taylor, Ari, Bey, and Madonna. :swan:

Dua works hard no doubt, but there's a difference between promo and using your label to SHOVE your music down our throats by plastering your face all over the internet and releasing renditions of your original music to inflate your stats. :swan:

Virtual_Insanity
1 minute ago, Stupid Love said:

Dua works hard no doubt, but there's a difference between promo and using your label to SHOVE your music down our throats by plastering your face all over the internet and releasing renditions of your original music to inflate your stats. :swan:

Renditions or Remixes have existed since the beginning of time. Stop being delusional. Gaga has remix albums too and released remixes for album tracks from Chromatica. 

4 minutes ago, Stupid Love said:

It’s literally called promotion? And it’s working for her...FN has 4.8 billion streams and is still getting over 13-14 million streams per day so seethe! 

Phuccery, Inc.
25 minutes ago, cuneytb said:

Selena doesn't take her career seriously. She is in front of the camera since her childhood and i think she isvery tired of it. Everyone has seen her everything and there was this viral hate towards her back in 2016 or something which made her step away from the industry totally.

Dua compared to Selena is thirsty for the cameras. She wants everyone to see her, hear her, love her and respect her. She is milking the cow in such a way that it seems like she is dying from THIRST. I respect her will to be succesful because she works hard too. 

mxoonlight

Dua has always made better music but if Selena took her music career seriously she’d be much bigger

Virtual_Insanity
29 minutes ago, cuneytb said:

Selena doesn't take her career seriously. She is in front of the camera since her childhood and i think she isvery tired of it. Everyone has seen her everything and there was this viral hate towards her back in 2016 or something which made her step away from the industry totally.

Dua compared to Selena is thirsty for the cameras. She wants everyone to see her, hear her, love her and respect her. She is milking the cow in such a way that it seems like she is dying from THIRST. I respect her will to be succesful because she works hard too. 

The litany of fan made EXCUSES. 

Stupid Love
12 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Renditions or Remixes have existed since the beginning of time. Stop being delusional. Gaga has remix albums too and released remixes for album tracks from Chromatica. 

You know that Gaga's throwaway remixes with her producers for clubs are not the same as Dua's full on promoted remix album for Future Nostalgia, featuring the likes of Madonna and Missy Elliot. :bibliahh:

17 minutes ago, 07tandu said:

Dua has yet to achieve the quality of Bad Liar, Hands to Myself, Good For You, Fetish or Love You Like A Love Song so no the TTH permanent resident has not yet surpassed Selena :giraffe:

DSN alone out impacted all those songs combined. moving on...

Souvenir
Just now, Aslan said:

only on TTH :) 

Virtual_Insanity
1 minute ago, Stupid Love said:

You know that Gaga's throwaway remixes with her producers for clubs are not the same as Dua's full on promoted remix album for Future Nostalgia, featuring the likes of Madonna and Missy Elliot. :bibliahh:

Full on promoted, the REACH. Madonna and Missy Elliot have ZERO power in 2020. Honestly you sound delusional. 

Selena’s Bad Liar

Selena will continue to be streamed and acclaimed in the real world :clap3:Her 42M monthly listeners don't seem to care about her ama perfomance like some of you old men do :skull:

07tandu
1 minute ago, Aslan said:

And what impact would that be?

cuneytb
5 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

The litany of fan made EXCUSES. 

What is this and your constantly lying behavior? :biblio: 

Are you that mad that i'm the top dragger on that panDEMIc thread? 

First you called me 40 years old when i'm 25, now a selena stan. If you are that bothered, press on ignore. 

-----------------------

Both girls are cute, my point still stands.

Stupid Love
2 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Full on promoted, the REACH. Madonna and Missy Elliot have ZERO power in 2020. Honestly you sound delusional. 

Regardless it isn't the same (and don' get me wrong that song with Madge and Missy is a bop so I'm not hating :giraffe:)

And Gaga has only like 2 remix albums for records that were already highly successful and amassed #1 hits.

Dua is a hard worker and is doing what she has to do, but at the same time the FN era was one of the most payola'd albums in recent memory and that's just a fact. Miss Gomez is highly successful with a third of the effort.

Pink Ranger

Let’s see where Dua is in 12 years :cm:

Dua is hugely successful and has smashed most popgirls with FN but lettucè see if she lasts as long as Miss Gomez