Lana Del Rey - 'Blue Banisters'

James_Dean

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

Text Book is so stunning. I just feel like the BLM lyric feels shoehorned - I like the idea of her protest shouts containing emotion from multiple parts of her past, but the way she says it founds forced. How does everyone else feel about it?

The BLM lyric had to be included to place it in a part of history and it makes the devastating revelation that the man that loves her isn't willing to be on the right side of history with her hence the following lyrics. Honestly the fact that people are singing along to that line is just amazing, people that are bothered by the BLM line are weird. 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ontherocks

• Mariah's Glove

• stjosephprey4us

• VeniceBeach

2 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Text Book is so stunning. I just feel like the BLM lyric feels shoehorned - I like the idea of her protest shouts containing emotion from multiple parts of her past, but the way she says it founds forced. How does everyone else feel about it?

It's a bit tacky -  it very much feels reactionary to the QFTC backlash, as if she only included it to appease the lil wokesters on Twitter, so it comes across a bit disingenuous. Not totally sure how to feel about a white lady commodifying BLM protests.

The pre-chorus of Text Book though. Oh my, what a moment. Beautiful!

hagCeLY.gif

25 minutes ago, NathanNAVY said:

Does anyone know if that Nectar of the Gods snippet with the electric guitars is real? Its on Dbree 

Nope!

The BLM lyric is neither here nor there. its nothing to be offended by or excited about. she is literally just talking about her experience in the time we're living in. if she put out the "grenadine quarantine" poem would everyone here be like "OMGG!!!1 my grandma died of covid! soo0o insensitive!1" like, go touch grass.

Also are we really still talking about "Bible for the Culture"? All she literally said was "why do people police women's sexuality in their art? why are people policing my sexuality in my art?" that's it. that was literally the only point of the post. yes, her responses to its criticism were dumb as sand. but honestly i blame y'all and critics for constantly making her explain herself when we all know that's when she puts her foot in her mouth the most!

6 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

The album versions on like Spotify / iTunes you mean?

the single versions on Spotify

4 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Nope!

I'm going to off myself. I miss electric guitars those are her best songs usually.

Well, didn't she say something in her interview with Antonoff that she has to do some things and that she has to move into a certain direction knowing it's going to make her lonely?

Maybe she's talking in general about her future plans to be very private,not being exposed in the public while still doing what she loves? It's pretty clear that she's about to leave L.A.

And I am pretty sure she aint moving back to New York either 

Edited by ontherocks

i wore diamonds for the birth of your baby for the birth of your son :gaycat6:

this masterpiece should've been on the album

9 hours ago, NathanNAVY said:

There's a 30 second snippet of Beautiful on Dbree. Sounds amazing!

Beautiful is Beautiful ūüėć

Can't wait to hear the album 

1 hour ago, ***** of Babylon said:

i wore diamonds for the birth of your baby for the birth of your son :gaycat6:

this masterpiece should've been on the album

Truly a masterpiece... :jonnycat:

19 hours ago, Bartender said:

The BLM lyric had to be included to place it in a part of history and it makes the devastating revelation that the man that loves her isn't willing to be on the right side of history with her hence the following lyrics. Honestly the fact that people are singing along to that line is just amazing, people that are bothered by the BLM line are weird. 

I really like your point view ‚ÄĒ I never understand why people think these lyrics are cringy or inappropriate. I think what's the most important thing is how time flies so quickly and how newer generations would listen to all these songs 10-20 years later learning about Lana and her music. It will perfectly capture our history + remember 'Coachella' or 'Looking for America' type of songs, I think Text Book is kinda similar.

Same with unreleased/outtakes on the album. So many complaints about old songs being on this record but years later no one would even know which ones are 'old' or were already leaked. Like, literally all of them will be new for our descendants, and all these songs are actually good and deserve to be officially released.

√ó
√ó