• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bad guy

• 99sandthe2000s

• idleavealone

• Billionaire

• #FreeBritney Activist
5 minutes ago, TwoPonytails said:

I really hope I can snatch a Vinyl of this soon since all those tik tok kids canceled their orders :foxaylove2:

The vinyls are on sale still :keir:

• #FreeBritney Activist

so anyway i’m loving this album! the only track that didn’t immediately hit was Everybody Dies. maybe it’ll be a grower? (it was the only track on the album where i looked at the track length several times being like “k… still going?” :gaycat6:) but overall the album gets a strong 8.6 from me after my first go around!! 

TRINITY

Happier Than Ever :1stplace:

Oxytocin :2ndplace:

I Didn’t Change My Number :3rdplace:

STRONG

Billie Bossa Nova

My Future

Goldwing

Lost Cause

Halley’s Comet

Overheated

Your Power

NDA

Therefore I Am

Male Fantasy

MID

Getting Older

Not My Responsibility

MEH… 

Everybody Dies

Getting Older - nice intro, sad lyrics, love the basic production for it - 8/10

I Didn’t Change My Number - omg:WAP: - 8.5/10

Billie Bossa Nova - i LOVE this production - 9/10

my future - 9/10

Oxytocin - i feel like i’m watching a catwalk with the production, but it’s like crack, the chorus - 9.5/10

GOLDWING - i like it, but it feels like there’s something missing, not sure if it’s the length - 7/10

Lost Cause - grew a lot - 8.5/10

Haley’s Comet - 9.5/10

Not My Responsibility - interlude

OverHeated - 8.5/10

Everybody Dies - 8.5/10

Your Power - 9/10

NDA - 9.5/10

Therefore I Am - 9/10

Happier Than Ever - WTF THE SWITCH UP IS WVERYTHING IM IN SHOCK, this would be such a good tour closer - 10/10

Make Fantasy - cute outro but i’m still in shock after title track - 8/10

Had to go back and listen to the title track and omg. Overall the album is better than I thought, the singles don’t really do it justice. I would love her next album to be influenced by the title track, that is excellent.

8.7/10

Edited by dreamofyou

2 hours ago, CandleGuy said:

What I love about Billie is that she doesn't rely on 80s (Dua) or 00s (Olivia) nostalgia. She doesn't rely on Max Martin.

Her music is actually new, fresh, and pushing the pop scene in a different direction.

Completely agree with this.

3 minutes ago, Tremor Christ said:

I don't know how some of you panned Oxytocin :toofunny2:

Tight I was seeing ppl dragging it on Twitter yesterday and I’m like huh? Are they listening to a different one cause …

Halley's comet and Male fantasy sounds like Norah Jones songs. Loved both of them.

Edited by My Tears Ricochet

Just finished the album again and wow I'm caught off guard. The pre-singles really had my hopes in the pits :rip: This really symbolizes her step into womanhood. The production is great, her vocasl are the best they've ever been, and the writing is amazing. It's a perfect follow up to her debut. It's raw, authentic, vulnerable, confident, but still has that edge to it that sets her apart from her peers. I can't get over how much her writing has improved. It's really a great body of work and I'm excited to see how this does over time. I think it has potential to be timeless. Anybody who says she isn't progressing is just not listening to the music. I might even like this better than WWAFA. AOTY so far for me.

Favorite tracks: Happier Than Ever, Billie Bossa Nova, OverHeated, my future, Getting Older, and Halley's Comet

The only tracks I won't relisten to are Not My Responsibility and Lost Cause.

This is a sold 9/10 for me.

fantasia-crying.jpeg

2 hours ago, CandleGuy said:

Billie is so far ahead of her Gen Z pop girl peers its a joke :toofunny2:

Maybe Finneas SNAPPED his repressed sexual desires for his sister did THAT :WAP:

This :toofunny3:

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

Oxytocin is looking like a great username right now :gaycat3:

I'm tempted to evolve my Oxy branding

I Didn't Change My Number could've been longer :huh: the short length and abrupt ending is giving blue balls. It was just getting GOOD.

Edited by Tremor Christ

1 hour ago, Cain said:

Which makes me think, the way this gen is absolutely eating up the 10s girls in their prime when it comes to album quality 

As iconic as TFM, TD, LOUD etc are they can’t be compared to WWAFA, HTE, FN, Sour

giphy.gif

This is true. Major pop album in the early 10s were honestly horrible outside the singles, let's be real. Let them be mad.

There's a reason critics love Billie, Dua, etc. because the albums are actual...albums. I mean look at the material.

giphy.gif

Can Billie put out a radio edit version of the title track so I can hear the instant classic switch much quicker? If this doesn't go at least Top 10 then this is somehow BTS' fault.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, lostcause said:

"Too bad HTE sounds like a mashup of Fiona Apple/Lorde/Frank Ocean/Mitski etc. over techno beats from late 90's sci fi movies being covered by Billie." -- This is how you sound. This is how hypocritical your statement is. 

You guys pretending Billie is doing anything new or different will be her downfall, because she isn't. Don't set your girl up like that. Both albums are good, and both women are in their own lanes. if I argued that HTE's title track is influenced by "Good 4 U" because the transitions are similar, it would be just as desperate and futile as you attempting to belittle SOUR.

HTE is every bit as derivative as Sour, as Billie and Olivia are both too young to have fully carved out their own unique sounds. This is obvious based on the album Billie just dropped, which is a blatant sonic "cover" of established artists who precede her. 

Enjoy the music your fave just dropped instead of attacking a girl who isnt even on the album. You are begging for an expose of your hypocrisy. 

:clap3: :clap3:

46 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

Oxytocin sounds incredible on Dolby Atmos. I’m obsessed! 

giphy.gif

A DAMN COLLAPSE :jonny4: it hit me out of nowhere

Imagining an Oxytocin video where she's all sweaty in a club locking eyes with somebody and...well you get the idea. With the neon green hair though please.

Spoiler

And lots of boobage

giphy.gif

• #FreeBritney Activist
16 minutes ago, Tremor Christ said:

I don't know how some of you panned Oxytocin :toofunny2:

They did it for attention. It's getting its rightful acclaim rn.

1456063714_ezgif.com-gif-maker(4).thumb. 

1 hour ago, Cain said:

Which makes me think, the way this gen is absolutely eating up the 10s girls in their prime when it comes to album quality 

As iconic as TFM, TD, LOUD etc are they can’t be compared to WWAFA, HTE, FN, Sour

giphy.gif

Seriously. They're serving albums. Back then if a pop album had 5 good songs it'd be deemed good.

giphy.gif