Jump to content

2021 Awards Season Thread


hausofdave
 Share

Recommended Posts

i mean, recent actors are winning with roles that aren't bold or left field or juicy. 

 

back to Pugh, this looks like it could be oscar-y; adaptation of the same novelist who did Best Actress-winning Room: 

https://deadline.com/2021/04/florence-pugh-sebastian-lelio-the-wonder-1234745978/

 

if black widow goes well, she can leverage it into being an It Girl which ampas always likes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Hector

    84

  • fridayteenage

    133

  • Donquizote

    94

  • hausofdave

    110

6 minutes ago, aahaspider said:
 

 

Olivia Colman coming for that Meryl Streep nomination count. :gaycat2:

when meryl was 47, she had 10 noms already...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

when meryl was 47, she had 10 noms already...

I was only kidding. Nobody of course will be able to catch up with that Meryl Streep record. But with Olivia's current momentum and acclaim, if she keeps it up with these interesting sounding projects, I could easily see her quickly racking up those nominations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best Actress contenders (from Awards Worthy Forum) 

Chante Adams - Journal for Jordan
Melissa Barrera - Carmen
Berenice Bejo - Shake Your Cares Away
Halle Berry - Bruised
Cate Blanchett - Nightmare Alley
Sandra Bullock - Unforgiven
Jessica Chastain - The Eyes of Tammy Faye
Jessica Chastain - The Forgiven
Olivia Colman - The Lost Daughter
Jodie Comer - The Last Duel
Marion Cotillard - Annette
Penelope Cruz - Official Competition
Ana de Armas - Blonde
Lou de Laage - The Mad Woman's Ball
Kirsten Dunst - The Power of the Dog
Virginie Effira - Benedetta
Beanie Feldstein - The Humans
Lady Gaga - House of Gucci
Jennifer Hudson - Respect
Angelina Jolie - Those Who Wished Me Dead
Emilia Jones - CODA
Nicole Kidman - Being the Ricardos
Jennifer Lawrence - Don't Look Up
Jennifer Lawrence - Red, White, and Water
Lesley Manville - Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris
Rooney Mara - Nightmare Alley
Melissa McCarthy - The Starling
Frances McDormand - The Tragedy of Macbeth
Thomasin McKenzie - Last Night in Soho
Martha Plimpton - Mass
Florence Pugh - Don't Worry Darling
Margot Robbie - David O. Russell Film
Saoirse Ronan - Untitled Murder Mystery Film
Amanda Seyfried - A Mouthful of Air
Maggie Smith - A German Life
Kristen Stewart - Spencer
Emma Stone - Cruella
Tilda Swinton - Memoria
Tilda Swinton - Three Thousand Years of Longing
Anya Taylor-Joy - Last Night in Soho
Tang Wei - Decision to Leave
Tessa Thompson - Passing
Shailene Woodley - Misanthrope
Odessa Young - Mothering Sunday
Rachel Zegler - West Side Story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Héloïse said:

Being the Ricardos is going to be so panned :rip: Poor Nicole.

I feel like this casting is almost as worse:

Nicole Kidman & Javier Bardem Might Play Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz - E!  Online

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Stepfon said:

I feel like this casting is almost as worse:

Nicole Kidman & Javier Bardem Might Play Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz - E!  Online

Whoever chose both of them should be fired :skull: poor nicole has been dragged non stop on twitter. 
 

im so scared fr***s has a New movie with Denzel again. GO AWAY bish :weeps:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

AwardsWatch's ranked Best Picture predictions for May 2021:

 

1. Nightmare Alley (Searchlight Pictures)
2. West Side Story (20th Century Studios)
3. Dune (Warner Bros)
4. House of Gucci (MGM)
5. The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24)
6. Belfast (Focus Features)
7. Untitled David O. Russell aka Canterbury Glass (20th Century Studios)
8. The French Dispatch (Searchlight Pictures)
9. Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson aka Soggy Bottom (MGM)
10. The Power of the Dog (Netflix)

 

https://awardswatch.com/2022-oscar-predictions-best-picture-may/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2021 at 12:40 PM, Superbitch said:

Whoever chose both of them should be fired :skull: poor nicole has been dragged non stop on twitter. 
 

im so scared fr***s has a New movie with Denzel again. GO AWAY bish :weeps:

 

 

Queen isn’t going anywhere 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2021 at 4:16 PM, hausofdave said:

Billie still eligible even tho it came out last year? Like In the previous eligibility period?

 

19 minutes ago, kgeezy310 said:

Queen isn’t going anywhere 

sadly no. I just watched breaking the waves last night and the way I don’t tthink she should’ve won any of her three Oscars :weeps: Emily >> her in Fargo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Superbitch said:

Billie still eligible even tho it came out last year? Like In the previous eligibility period?

 

sadly no. I just watched breaking the waves last night and the way I don’t tthink she should’ve won any of her three Oscars :weeps: Emily >> her in Fargo 

Emily was fab in Breaking the Waves, but I still loved Frances. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2021 at 6:40 PM, Superbitch said:

im so scared fr***s has a New movie with Denzel again. GO AWAY bish :weeps:

source.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Superbitch said:

Billie still eligible even tho it came out last year? Like In the previous eligibility period?

i think as long as the movie itself is eligible then the song would be too since it'd be part of the OST

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AwardsWatch's ranked Best Actor predictions for May 2021

 

1. Denzel Washington – The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24)
2. Christian Bale – Canterbury Glass (20th Century Studios)
3. Bradley Cooper – Nightmare Alley (Searchlight Pictures)
4. Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power of the Dog (Netflix)
5. Will Smith – King Richard (Warner Bros)
6. Michael B. Jordan – A Journal for Jordan (Sony Pictures)
7. Peter Dinklage – Cyrano (MGM)
8. Mahershala Ali – Swan Song (Apple)
9. Anthony Ramos – In the Heights (Warner Bros)
10. Jamie Dornan – Belfast (Focus Features)

 

https://awardswatch.com/2022-oscar-predictions-best-actor-may/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Hector said:

AwardsWatch's ranked Best Actor predictions for May 2021

 

1. Denzel Washington – The Tragedy of Macbeth (A24)
2. Christian Bale – Canterbury Glass (20th Century Studios)
3. Bradley Cooper – Nightmare Alley (Searchlight Pictures)
4. Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power of the Dog (Netflix)
5. Will Smith – King Richard (Warner Bros)
6. Michael B. Jordan – A Journal for Jordan (Sony Pictures)
7. Peter Dinklage – Cyrano (MGM)
8. Mahershala Ali – Swan Song (Apple)
9. Anthony Ramos – In the Heights (Warner Bros)
10. Jamie Dornan – Belfast (Focus Features)

 

https://awardswatch.com/2022-oscar-predictions-best-actor-may/

Charitable Legend McDormand getting POC Oscars 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Stepfon said:

Awards season is going to become even more trash now without the Globes.

Or even more exciting? Watch the Critics' Choice Awards now set themselves after the SAG Awards this year :rip: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i think the GG will find some way to air the show whether it's through an alternate network or even put online for streaming; worst case they could also just hold a press conference for the nominees and winners similar to the year the WGA strike happened. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is Miss Frances coming again as Lady Macbeth? Whew, this queen said "Watch me and learn, bitches". Damn. 

 

source.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2021 at 9:42 PM, hausofdave said:

i think the GG will find some way to air the show whether it's through an alternate network or even put online for streaming; worst case they could also just hold a press conference for the nominees and winners similar to the year the WGA strike happened. 

Agree and I think they will just hold a press conference, which seems like the best choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...