• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hector

• fridayteenage

• Donquizote

• hausofdave

10 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

i mean, it would be like if Cate Blanchett today did the first Elizabeth as a young woman just ascending the throne.

Or if instead of Emma Corrin playing Diana, it was Helena Bonham Carter. 

Well to be honest the beauty of Shakespearean plays is that you can actually play them better if you're more experienced in your career - and it is already common practice to do so. Judi Dench played Cleopatra at 53, Ian McKellen played Romeo at 37. Branagh's Hamlet was 45.

9 minutes ago, Liafen said:

Well to be honest the beauty of Shakespearean plays is that you can actually play them better if you're more experienced in your career - and it is already common practice to do so. Judi Dench played Cleopatra at 53, Ian McKellen played Romeo at 37. Branagh's Hamlet was 45.

yes, and shearer was juliet in her 30s and it was ridic.

30 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

yes, and shearer was juliet in her 30s and it was ridic.

Same was to be said during the announcement of Legend Dench's Cleopatra (a.k.a the 'menopausal dwarf' fiasco) and yet it's one of her most memorable and acclaimed roles. And Cleopatra's role heavily relies on beauty. Lady Macbeth is pretty much an ageless role (that's why Dench also could play her with acclaim when she was near 50) and apart from 'historical accuracy' her age does not matter; and it's very much a fiction as Shakespeare's work is just loosely based on historical facts so I doubt that anyone should be concerned with Legend McDormand playing her except for Meryl stans who are afraid she'll tie Hepburn sooner :mandown:

On 4/26/2021 at 8:36 AM, badgirlriri said:

Hope Billie's will still be eligible :skull:

She will, as long the actual film comes out. See IDWLF being eligible despite being released Dec 2016 and the film Feb 2017.

19 hours ago, hausofdave said:

just realized that the next GG will have Kirsten Dunst & Gaga competing in the same drama category… ‘16 all over again 

FX anthology divas rise.

Gaga Vs Yalitza Vs Olivia, we're back in 2018-2019 :eek:

2021-2022 Oscar Predictions from Next Best Picture:

BEST PICTURE
"Armageddon Time"
"C'mon C'mon"
"Don't Look Up"
"The French Dispatch"
"House of Gucci"
"In the Heights"
"Next Goal Wins"
"Soggy Bottom"
"Untitled David O. Russell Project"
"West Side Story"

BEST DIRECTOR
Wes Anderson - "The French Dispatch"
Paul Thomas Anderson - "Soggy Bottom"
Mike Mills - "C'mon C'mon"
Adam McKay - "Don't Look Up"
David O. Russell - "Untitled David O. Russell Project"

BEST ACTOR
Bradley Cooper - "Soggy Bottom"
Michael Fassbender - "Next Goal Wins"
Joaquin Phoenix - "C'mon C'mon"
Denzel Washington - "The Tragedy of Macbeth"
John David Washington - "Untitled David O. Russell Project"

BEST ACTRESS
Ana de Armas - "Blonde"
Martha Plimpton - "Mass"
Jennifer Hudson - "Respect"
Jennifer Lawrence - "Don't Look Up"
Rachel Zegler - "West Side Story"

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Willem Dafoe - "Nightmare Alley"
Adam Driver - "House of Gucci"
Cooper Hoffman - "Soggy Bottom"
Oscar Isaac - "Armageddon Time"
Jared Leto - "House of Gucci"

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Cate Blanchett - "Armageddon Time"
Jodie Comer - "The Last Duel"
Ann Dowd - "Mass"
Meryl Streep - "Don't Look Up"
Anya Taylor-Joy - "The Northman"

https://www.nextbestpicture.com/latest/year-in-advance-oscar-predictions-for-2021

People are really overestimating the Gucci movie... have y'all SEEN Ridley Scott's movies as of late?

Imagine if halle is the 2nd black winner for best actress even as the only one to win it years ago lol

7 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

People are really overestimating the Gucci movie... have y'all SEEN Ridley Scott's movies as of late?

people go up and down. the martian did quite well; all the money in the world did decently too.

There's a rumor the Greatest Actress of All Time Meryl Streep will be in ari aster's next movie and they're filming this summer. I guess Pugh must've told Streep about what a good time she had on midsommar.

Meryl Streep Florence Pugh GIF - MerylStreep FlorencePugh GretaGerwig -  Discover & Share GIFs

6 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

people go up and down. the martian did quite well; all the money in the world did decently too.

There's a rumor the Greatest Actress of All Time Meryl Streep will be in ari aster's next movie and they're filming this summer. I guess Pugh must've told Streep about what a good time she had on midsommar.

Meryl Streep Florence Pugh GIF - MerylStreep FlorencePugh GretaGerwig -  Discover & Share GIFs

Omg Meryl’s Hereditary is coming :jonny5:

who is Diane Warren losing Best Original Song to this year?  Is Billie the only contender at this point? 

Poor Diane... I think she'll win one posthumously at this point... Hopefully Carey mulligan wins for Maestro.

Diane needs to stop attaching herself to indie films b/c its going to go nowhere despite her name recognition in the industry, at the end of the day, the ballots only show the song alongside the film, not the songwriters name

When Gaga and Bradley win in 2022 :jonny5: that should be their campaign.

Iconic 

8 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

Omg Meryl’s Hereditary is coming :jonny5:

Hmm. Toni Colette could pull off Mamma Mia (well she kinda already did in Muriels Wedding), but could Meryl do Hereditary?

1 hour ago, hausofdave said:

Diane needs to stop attaching herself to indie films b/c its going to go nowhere despite her name recognition in the industry, at the end of the day, the ballots only show the song alongside the film, not the songwriters name

you'd think she would've figured this out by now. 

30 minutes ago, Liafen said:

Hmm. Toni Colette could pull off Mamma Mia (well she kinda already did in Muriels Wedding), but could Meryl do Hereditary?

I'm so hit or miss on Meryl I couldn't tell you, but when she's on she's really ON. Hopefully Ari will be able to push her out of her comfort zone, she's been sleepwalking for awhile

8 minutes ago, Blue Monday said:

I'm so hit or miss on Meryl I couldn't tell you, but when she's on she's really ON. Hopefully Ari will be able to push her out of her comfort zone, she's been sleepwalking for awhile

Yep I agree. She hasn't done something remarkable in quite a while. She needs something bold, leftfield and juicy to dig her claws into.