• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hector

• fridayteenage

• Donquizote

• hausofdave

i've a feeling this upcoming movie will pale in comparison to, say, Florence Pugh's Lady Macbeth.

also, i don't see why the royal couple is elderly besides the director wanting to work with his wife again.

just realized that the next GG will have Kirsten Dunst & Gaga competing in the same drama category… ‘16 all over again 

46 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

i've a feeling this upcoming movie will pale in comparison to, say, Florence Pugh's Lady Macbeth.

also, i don't see why the royal couple is elderly besides the director wanting to work with his wife again.

Are they not supposed to be elderly?

7 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Are they not supposed to be elderly?

macbeth is plotting to kill the king to take his throne...IRL he was in his mid 30s when he got it, his wife was probably in her 20s.

the most famous version is orson welles's. both leads were in their 30s.

the one a few years ago, fassbender/cotillard were in their 30s.

I mean, i suppose in theory a 60something can be an active war hero wanting to be king. but especially with the life expectancy a thousand years ago, i find it implausible.

Edited by fridayteenage

37 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

macbeth is plotting to kill the king to take his throne...IRL he was in his mid 30s when he got it, his wife was probably in her 20s.

the most famous version is orson welles's. both leads were in their 30s.

the one a few years ago, fassbender/cotillard were in their 30s.

I mean, i suppose in theory a 60something can be an active war hero wanting to be king. but especially with the life expectancy a thousand years ago, i find it implausible.

So is this something denzel could win a Oscar for?

the role is there, so probably.

though shakespeare adaptations haven't been trendy with awards for a long time. 

It's still so funny how Legend McDormand refused to campaign this season and still won :ahh:The others wish!

200.gif

4 hours ago, Broken said:

Eternals and The Batman are coming for all the awards.

200.gif

Batman?? :ahh:

7 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

someone's pressed by Legend McDormand I see

200.gif

don't be mad she served piping hot TALENT and won her 3rd Best Actress without even giving a **** :mandown:

9 hours ago, TheDreamer said:

It's still so funny how Legend McDormand refused to campaign this season and still won :ahh:The others wish!

200.gif

Campaign can also happen behind the scenes you know. She has connections more than all other nominees combined.

11 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Campaign can also happen behind the scenes you know. She has connections more than all other nominees combined.

Connections alone won't get you too far though. Meryl for example, has exposure and probably has more connections considering she worked with a lot of people, but still failed to grab 3 Lead Actress awards. Legend McDormand on the other hand, just put out talent and let the performance do the campaigning for her.

200.gif

2 minutes ago, TheDreamer said:

Connections alone won't get you too far though. Meryl for example, has exposure and probably has more connections considering she worked with a lot of people, but still failed to grab 3 Lead Actress awards. Legend McDormand on the other hand, just put out talent and let the performance do the campaigning for her.

200.gif

Nah, I disagree. Campaigns are happening both on screen and off screen, her shtick is not to do it on screen. If she didn't care she would not have been there just like Catherine Hapburn was not, just like Brando refused to accept etc. Simple as that. 

23 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Lmao what makes you think she personally held Zooms to convince her 'connections' to vote for her when she couldn't even be bothered to show up at GG, CC, SAG, and BAFTA. She literally did not care about her BA nom and only showed up because she knew she was winning for BP. This 'she campaigned behind curtains' reasoning is really weak with no proof whatsoever. 

They just love you when you're a Legend, that's all.

200.gif 

18 hours ago, Liafen said:

Hopefully Legend McDormand serves a bit more than Miss Cotillard

Thomas Sanders — Previously.

Marion deserved to win.

tumblr_o19g97rLRr1up42jgo4_500.gifv 

3 minutes ago, HonourableVomit said:

Marion deserved to win.

tumblr_o19g97rLRr1up42jgo4_500.gifv 

Marion walked so Legend Frances could run (away with her 4th BA win)

Thomas Sanders — Previously.

1 hour ago, Liafen said:

Lmao what makes you think she personally held Zooms to convince her 'connections' to vote for her when she couldn't even be bothered to show up at GG, CC, SAG, and BAFTA. She literally did not care about her BA nom and only showed up because she knew she was winning for BP. This 'she campaigned behind curtains' reasoning is really weak with no proof whatsoever. 

They just love you when you're a Legend, that's all.

200.gif 

Who said anything about zoom calls? The point is that she obviously cared since she went and probably had few dinners here and there. You all need to stop making things up that she didn't when we all had legends in the past who showed actually how much they didn't care by not coming to the show or to collect award.

3 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Who said anything about zoom calls? The point is that she obviously cared since she went and probably had few dinners here and there. You all need to stop making things up that she didn't when we all had legends in the past who showed actually how much they didn't care by not coming to the show or to collect award.

Yes, she obviously had a few dinners here and there convincing enough people from the 10,000-member voting body in the middle of a pandemic. Actually showing up at the Oscars doesn't mean that she does care when it's very clear that she doesn't (especially when she missed all the precursos lmao). Stop pulling things out of your ass  just because you as an OFMcDH don't like the fact that she WON :mandown: 

8 hours ago, Liafen said:

someone's pressed by Legend McDormand I see

i mean, it would be like if Cate Blanchett today did the first Elizabeth as a young woman just ascending the throne.

Or if instead of Emma Corrin playing Diana, it was Helena Bonham Carter.