• Solar

• mokitsu

• skankle

Top Posters In This Topic

Ricardo1993
4 hours ago, Mirtilo said:

Little Monsters still trying to make that awful album happen, I see

The person who wrote this article:

:ahh: They just be hiring anybody now days. 

Posted (edited)

Loving how remembered this album still is is among critics, fans and OGHs!

gret84.gif

Edited by Solar
Domination
10 hours ago, Katamari said:

True romance and Visions sweeties :clap:

not Visions :skull: 

:bibliahh:Artpop has nothing to do with hyperpop. Whoever wrote this article is delusional af

if whoever wrote this is a homosexual , they should be unhomosexualed

if whoever wrote this is straight, it explains a lot

Bhabylon

Ring ring bitches are mad!

Love seeing ARTPOP get the recognition it so very well deserves :clap3:

onapearl

Journalists are doing the most over this album lately and I really don't get it. We're not even on some significant anniversary of its release. There's nothing hyperpop about Artpop. 

5 hours ago, skankle said:

"X predicted hyperpop" is the truly the go-to for empty skull hack journalists huh? 

Write these articles about /\/\/\Y/\ instead.

gret84.gif

My exact thought. /\/\/\Y/\ came out in 2010

mokitsu

just because it's maximalist doesn't mean it's hyperpop :skull: what are music journalists on lately

if there's a MPG who predicted it it's britney with How i roll

Gaga a LEGEND!

As her peers continue to do the same old music or hopping in what's trendy at the moment, she is always 10 steps ahead with her art from visuals to sound.

We saw how she shifted the whole industry with TF, as we saw the girls and boys that got Joanne'd in 2017, as we are seeing some girls recycling 10 cents versions of Chromatica sound & visuals, 1 year later.

• ATRL Moderator
madonnas

Yeah I don’t hear it at all.  Not all left field dance pop / electropop music from that era is proto hyper pop. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
magazine

talent won :clap3:

Illuminati
9 hours ago, Shaner69 said:

Just checked the reviwers are liddos trying to make the album salvaged. 

Good job kids we did it!!!!!  ISH!!!! 

LMFAO

The delusion :toofunny3: This guy wrote like 700 articles for ID before ever mentioning Artpop

Frogger17

Hyperpop as in SOPHIE, AG Cook, Hannah Diamond, etc.? Or this new definition of Hyperpop that somehow has Ericdoa, P4rkr, and glaive qualifying as Hyperpop? Either way, ARTPOP sounds nothing like either. How are Zedd- and Madeon-produced tracks considered Hyperpop or even a precursor?

SylMacPer

So technically some Liddos got jobs and now write articles about Lady Gaga instead of making bs threads in ATRL? 

@Robyn. 

He’s reading this thread :rip:

OT: awful take but not surprised . Everyone is trying to claim their fave started hyperpop now 

Just now, tellem said:

@Robyn. 

OT: awful take but not surprised . Everyone is trying to claim their fave started hyperpop now 

WHEN I TELL YOU THAT I SCREAMED :ahh:

Getting ATRL liddos pressed, but also Vice journalists now. I'm so global :heart2:

mokitsu
6 minutes ago, tellem said:

@Robyn. 

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO :ahh:

worldwide angel
26 minutes ago, tellem said:

@Robyn. 

:bibliahh::bibliahh:

• #FreeBritney Activist
dirrtydiana

Wth is even hyperpop? Never heard of it until this thread.

and why are blackout and FF being credited?

• #FreeBritney Activist
Cruel Summer
1 minute ago, dirrtydiana said:

Wth is even hyperpop? Never heard of it until this thread.

and why are blackout and FF being credited?

It’s a relatively new term for the style of pop music that’s evolved out of PC Music, A. G. Cook, and some associated artists such as Charli XCX and Sophie. It focuses of a kind of maximalism, attempting to embody a glitchy, artificial, and in a sense futuristic aesthetic compared to most other pop music right now. There’s a pretty good Wikipedia page on it. The narrative in this thread is essentially that the author of the original Vice article has failed to recognize that the maximalism exhibited by the album ARTPOP is distinct from, and a consequence of different factors from, that which defines what we now know as “hyperpop” - essentially that they’re very different takes on a shared core idea, where the author mistakes them for being synonymous. Some select tracks and works by Britney (Blackout, How I Roll, and a couple others) arguably serve as clearer predecessors to the sonic aesthetics and subject matter tackled by current hyperpop than ARTPOP, despite the latter’s similar intent as described by Gaga. A very important part of this discussion, which I haven’t seen posted about a lot in here, is that several of ARTPOP’s tracks were crafted through Gaga writing over a beat that the producer had already created beforehand, separating some of the original musical intent from her vision; by contrast, a lot of “hyperpop” is crafted by artists who are approaching the music from the production rather than the writing. I think that’s another key distinction here, albeit not one that makes a judgment about the quality of the material (I happen to quite like ARTPOP, just for different reasons than I enjoy Charli, for instance).

Hopefully that helps a little bit with explaining the situation at hand here. 

skankle
1 hour ago, tellem said:

@Robyn. 

Write that /\/\/\Y/\ article Mr Greenwood! If you do I'll retract my remarks that, as a respected and important ATRL commentator, will be very damaging to your career.

gret84.gif