• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• professor2000

• dabunique

• nooniebao

• dangerousalex

4 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

Not bad. :clap3:

Watch mfs switch up and start loving You Right.

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Idk why people hate this song its a bop lol.

The hate is so reactionary and in the moment bc the other bops of Planet Her are getting their deserved shine and I guess You Right didn't perform up to expectations (still a cute, stable top 15-20). It's still a great song with one of Doja's more aesthetically pleasing visuals. Not a super smash but also not a flop :toofunny3:

It's definitely a bad idea to launch a single just before the album release, it always happens that other album tracks blow up and mess the whole roll out both for that song and the intended single. They need to stop with that strategy, not only Doja, but in general

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

It's definitely a bad idea to launch a single just before the album release, it always happens that other album tracks blow up and mess the whole roll out both for that song and the intended single. They need to stop with that strategy, not only Doja, but in general

The original plan was to launch NTK, GIIY, and Alone before the album dropped…but over the span of a few months or so.  

KMM became massive + they kept pushing back the pre-album singles, so I don’t think the release strategy panned out the way they thought it would lol.  

I guess they were just trying to make the album a huge seller.  So, in a way, they still got to what they wanted.  The strategy they intended just didn’t work lol.  

5 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

The original plan was to launch NTK, GIIY, and Alone before the album dropped…but over the span of a few months or so.  

KMM became massive + they kept pushing back the pre-album singles, so I don’t think the release strategy panned out the way they thought it would lol.  

I guess they were just trying to make the album a huge seller.  So, in a way, they still got to what they wanted.  The strategy they intended just didn’t work lol.  

Alone was supposed to be a pre-album single? :eek:

They must be shocked that it’s not doing as well as the other songs :skull:

1 minute ago, Bicassie said:

Alone was supposed to be a pre-album single? :eek:

They must be shocked that it’s not doing as well as the other songs :skull:

I think the goal was just to show her diversity as an artist I assume + to sell the album.  I don’t think they expected it to be a hit.  Same at NTK, but they got fooled with that one lol.  

13 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

I think the goal was just to show her diversity as an artist I assume + to sell the album.  I don’t think they expected it to be a hit.  Same at NTK, but they got fooled with that one lol.  

I find it hard to believe that they didn’t think NTK would do well...:soda:

All the songs with video’s are also the three luke songs :foxaylove2:

I wonder if there is a contractual agreement with luke to release the three luke songs as (promo) singles with video’s :celestial5:

Edited by Bicassie

30 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

I find it hard to believe that they didn’t think NTK would do well...:soda:

All the songs with video’s are also the three luke songs :foxaylove2:

I wonder if there is a contractual agreement with luke to release the three luke songs as (promo) singles with video’s :celestial5:

Well, I mean well enough that it would need to be sent to radio + become an actual single.  

They were clearly banking heavily on YR to pick up where KMM left off… :skull:  They were so confident, Doja was talking about it being the 2nd single (in Billboard) before we heard any other songs.  They just knew they had a hit :lmao: 

Edited by professor2000

59 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

Oh wow, that's a lot of singles. KMM was released a little over two months before PH so were these going to be all released within that span or did the album date get pushed up? 

I definitely prefer the actual roll out more, I don't like having too many singles before an album release. Only thing I'd change in retrospect would be to just make NTK the official second single and then release YR more near fall. 

Edited by GeminiCat

1 minute ago, GeminiCat said:

Oh wow, that's a lot of singles. KMM was released a little over two months before PH so were these going to be all released within that span or did the album date get pushed up? 

In that time span.  They were supposed to be instant grat tracks with pre-order (eg, promo singles), not full radio-supported singles.  

And that pre-order was supposed to be announced earlier.  We weren’t supposed to have that drought between KMM and the album at all :laugh: 

That’s why I was saying they didn’t anticipate NTK being as well-liked as it is now.  They literally were just gonna let it “live” for a couple weeks and move on.  :laugh:  

I am glad this song is a single...just hope they do not give up on it and we get a live performance soon.

totally wishful thinking right now but if Doja made a medley on VMA with KMM (a final performance) + NTK + YR it would be so good! :jonny5:

and if there's 30 seconds left she could just shout out GII(Y), AS and Woman :fan:

-------

Great to see that this is still doing great (#16 this week on BBH100) but this really screams fall to me, I think if this holds on just a few more moths it can really smash.

-------

What are your thoughts about the Extended Version? I only talked about it w/ my irl friends but I wanted to know more opinions.

It's my favorite version, I hear it way more than the normal version. Her verse>>>>

Now whenever I hear the OG version it feels like something is lacking :deadbanana4:

32 minutes ago, dooart said:

totally wishful thinking right now but if Doja made a medley on VMA with KMM (a final performance) + NTK + YR it would be so good! :jonny5:

and if there's 30 seconds left she could just shout out GII(Y), AS and Woman :fan:

-------

Great to see that this is still doing great (#16 this week on BBH100) but this really screams fall to me, I think if this holds on just a few more moths it can really smash.

-------

What are your thoughts about the Extended Version? I only talked about it w/ my irl friends but I wanted to know more opinions.

It's my favorite version, I hear it way more than the normal version. Her verse>>>>

Now whenever I hear the OG version it feels like something is lacking :deadbanana4:

I think she should do a NTK + YR + AS medley. The extended is also my favorite.

-

Early predictions have it up 3% in points but down to #17(-1)

Mediabase radio building charts

#2 Rhythmic (+3)

#9 Pop (+3)

#23 Urban (+1)

#46 Hot AC (+6)

2 hours ago, makeme said:

I think she should do a NTK + YR + AS medley.

I'd love her to perform AS but I don't think she will since it's way too explicit.:deadbanana4: it doesn't even have a clean version

3 hours ago, dooart said:

-------

-------

Da extended version is da only version I listen to

KMM - YR - NTK medley must be done

also would so love to hear AS cuz it’s my favorite song but kno it won’t happen, maybe use this time for Woman or GIIY

23 hours ago, dabunique said:

Da extended version is da only version I listen to

KMM - YR - NTK medley must be done

also would so love to hear AS cuz it’s my favorite song but kno it won’t happen, maybe use this time for Woman or GIIY

taste:clap3: