• ~Start The Music

jhmacal
1 hour ago, Fireman25 said:

I don't why but this could be a sleeper hit for her if she keeps promoting it

Is it going anywhere? I havent been keeping up with the charts

GwennyGwenGwen
4 hours ago, jhmacal said:

Is it going anywhere? I havent been keeping up with the charts

It's doing fantastic on Facebook...and almost nothing anywhere else lol. Facebook really makes sense for her demo tbh...she should lean into that lol.

Edit: oh and just to clarify, it's the original solo version that is doing well on FB.

Edited by GwennyGwenGwen
5 minutes ago, GwennyGwenGwen said:

It's doing fantastic on Facebook...and almost nothing anywhere else lol. Facebook really makes sense for her demo tbh...she should lean into that lol.

Facebook views counts towards the Billboard charts now right?

Edited by okgo
GwennyGwenGwen
1 minute ago, okgo said:

Facebook views counts towards the Billboard charts now right?

They do, though there doesn't seem to be any clear answer yet of how long of a video needs to be watched to count. For the Facebook numbers, it's only 3 seconds...but we don't know yet if Billboard is going to accept that? So who knows lol.

But even compared to other FB videos that use that same methodology, it's doing fantastic there. 

Edited by GwennyGwenGwen
jhmacal
1 hour ago, GwennyGwenGwen said:

Edit: oh and just to clarify, it's the original solo version that is doing well on FB.

:clap:

So random, but with the 3s rule...

Anyways, Im more anxious for the stuff she recorded more recently. I feel like they more mature from what we've heard

GwennyGwenGwen
On 4/28/2021 at 9:24 AM, Fireman25 said:

I don't why but this could be a sleeper hit for her if she keeps promoting it

LOL just climbed back into the top 100 on itunes...the way i'd CACKLE if this ends up actually happening :rofl:

jhmacal
Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2021 at 10:36 AM, GwennyGwenGwen said:

LOL just climbed back into the top 100 on itunes...the way i'd CACKLE if this ends up actually happening :rofl:

and then people coming back to comment "wait I actually like this after listening to it more"

bop of the summer

Edited by jhmacal
grammar error
Jaspurr

I need a release date for the album. When do we think it's coming earliest?

GwennyGwenGwen
1 hour ago, Jaspurr said:

She's still writing so probably not for a little while at least. I'd guess sometime during the summer.

From an interview that was published yesterday:

Q: Other than the new album, are there any plans/ projects you are working for your fans to look forward to?
A: There sure are lots of things in the works….. I look forward to sharing more news with you soon. 

So my guess is that we're getting more than just an album...whether there is an Anaheim Hillbillies brand, or tv show, or other stuff, idk, but i think it's likely all gonna come together, so probably a lot of things coordinated together.

vipanonymous
2 hours ago, GwennyGwenGwen said:

She's still writing so probably not for a little while at least. I'd guess sometime during the summer.

Q: Other than the new album, are there any plans/ projects you are working for your fans to look forward to?
A: There sure are lots of things in the works….. I look forward to sharing more news with you soon. 

So my guess is that we're getting more than just an album...whether there is an Anaheim Hillbillies brand, or tv show, or other stuff, idk, but i think it's likely all gonna come together, so probably a lot of things coordinated together.

Exciting. :duca:

Beatfreak
4 hours ago, Jaspurr said:

I think the label should choose a dead week in the middle of July or August when no one else is releasing albums, to help the chart position.

Jaspurr

I think mid July sounds kinda perfect. We'll get to enjoy the record for the rest of the summer. And it leaves room for one more single coming out with the pre-order. It's weird that she's still writing though. I think she must've written 11-12 tracks with Ross Golan alone at the very least so that's already an album on its own. If she goes for something like 18 tracks I might combust.

The way this somehow became my most anticipated album of the year out of nowhere. The power of Slow Clap. :jonny:

GwennyGwenGwen
7 hours ago, Jaspurr said:

I think mid July sounds kinda perfect. We'll get to enjoy the record for the rest of the summer. And it leaves room for one more single coming out with the pre-order. It's weird that she's still writing though. I think she must've written 11-12 tracks with Ross Golan alone at the very least so that's already an album on its own. If she goes for something like 18 tracks I might combust.

The way this somehow became my most anticipated album of the year out of nowhere. The power of Slow Clap. :jonny:

She must have like 35+ songs at this point, i think she said she had like 25 at the end of last year, and in that same new interview she said that each time she's gone in to write with new people lately she's written multiple songs...she also has the song with Sean Paul and Shenseea coming sometime in late May supposedly.

GwennyGwenGwen

Saweetie said on an interview they are performing this together soon...not confirmed, but pretty sure it's probably on The Voice.

SchmoodRing
On 5/1/2021 at 6:19 PM, GwennyGwenGwen said:

She said that she had like 2 albums worth of material ready to go. I know it's unrealistic but I'd love for her to drop 2 albums back to back and have her very own Sweetener, TUN and Positions eras back to back. 2 solo Gwen albums and a No Doubt Reunion would be epic. 

On 5/1/2021 at 9:27 PM, Beatfreak said:

I think the label should choose a dead week in the middle of July or August when no one else is releasing albums, to help the chart position.

If she ends up solidifying another number 1 album she needs to be given an icon, billboard, vanguard award asap.

On 5/2/2021 at 2:05 AM, Jaspurr said:

This is gonna be a really fun pop album. She's in such a good place in her life and it's gonna pour from her music. Love that for her.

On 5/2/2021 at 9:29 AM, GwennyGwenGwen said:

She must have like 35+ songs at this point, i think she said she had like 25 at the end of last year, and in that same new interview she said that each time she's gone in to write with new people lately she's written multiple songs...she also has the song with Sean Paul and Shenseea coming sometime in late May supposedly.

Yeah I'm waiting for that Sean Paul song to drop already cause he is supposedly dropping an album this month as well. Do we know if a video was shot for it yet or no?

2 hours ago, GwennyGwenGwen said:

Saweetie said on an interview they are performing this together soon...not confirmed, but pretty sure it's probably on The Voice.

I need to see at least one live performance of them both together asap.

GwennyGwenGwen
2 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

She said that she had like 2 albums worth of material ready to go. I know it's unrealistic but I'd love for her to drop 2 albums back to back and have her very own Sweetener, TUN and Positions eras back to back. 2 solo Gwen albums and a No Doubt Reunion would be epic. 

Ugh i wish haha...i know THIS is unrealistic lol, but with so much focus on nostalgia, I wish she'd release an album of all her unreleased tracks along with the new album. The more gwen the better lol

jhmacal
55 minutes ago, GwennyGwenGwen said:

Ugh i wish haha...i know THIS is unrealistic lol, but with so much focus on nostalgia, I wish she'd release an album of all her unreleased tracks along with the new album. The more gwen the better lol

Start a War is  the one song I really hope gets released one day

• 2 weeks later...
GwennyGwenGwen
On 5/7/2021 at 3:11 PM, jhmacal said:

Start a War is  the one song I really hope gets released one day

Sameeeee! Gwen and Saweetie are both at The Voice studios today, so we're probably getting a performance this week.

Electric Youth

The video is cute and I liked Gwen and Saweetie's energy together, but this song is really ain't it. It started cute, but the atrocious chorus totally ruined it for me. It must be one of the most irritating chorus I've heard from a pop song in a while, and the lyrics are  :biblio: but it's Gwen, after all.

I know Gwen can deliver better than this. I want full ska-reggae-pop quality bops, not mess like this.