Gwen Stefani & Saweetie - Slow Clap

GwennyGwenGwen
Just now, Innocencelost said:

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/saweetie-gwen-stefani-slow-clap-new-version-1234945925/

“Saweetie laid down her verse that very day, and Stefani decided to reshoot the “Slow Clap” video — most of which had already been filmed — in order to include her.”

Thanks! Interesting...i actually like their vibe together honestly, but i get this video isn't gonna be for everyone. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GwennyGwenGwen

• Ab1818

• Innocencelost

• ~Start The Music

professor2000
3 hours ago, Daydream said:

I can’t even know what to say...

1zEjP9f.gif

:ahh:...this gif is exactly how I reacted lol. 

Slow Down

They both look really good! I think the remix elevated the song too.

jakeisphat
4 hours ago, goldstargay said:

Pink was smart to FULLY lean into the soccer mom "rock" bops, Gwen is still trying to remain cool with the kids and that is just not ever gonna happen.   Even though this song is a total flop from the jump it would have been awesome for her to reteam with Eve for nostalgia's sake, but not even Eve could save this travesty.

Honestly, I would have been so here for that! They always slay together. 

NotAvaMax

This is the first time I'm embarrassed to like her 

I hope her label forces her to scrap this mess of a project 

love Saweetie, she's a breath of fresh air. but yeah, Gwen girl, time to retire if you continue delivering tragedies like this

BigBangStan

I love Gwen but she needs to retire or come up with something better. :doc:

Edited by BigBangStan
Rico Shameless v2

This thread has me in tears honestly...

1zEjP9f.gif

But honestly Gwen looks so good, as does Saweetie tho her verse is questionable. Yall are rude to say retire :rip: 

The chorus truly does kind of make the song very jarring, so I totally get every reaction. It’s a little embarrassing, but also (sadly) kind of catchy. Everything else is honestly fine for me.

I’d love to see a BTS making of the chorus :bibliahh: 

Vertigo Stick

Well..at least some people are reacting to it :toofunny2:  :cm: 

8 hours ago, ***** of Babylon said:

saweetie took this song to the next level i like it now

I thought I was the only one who seemed to like what she brought to it

This is still such an earworm, and Saweetie's contributions make the song sound more complete :party: queens being carefree and having fun, guess not everyone can relate!

Edited by okgo
dangerousalex

twitter is eating her up. Faux Old Navy advertisements are being made as we speak.

hotfire2012

I can't believe some of you didn't like this. If she'd keep doing the country stuff it would be worse, so I'm glad she's having fun and releasing this type of music. The video is giving major Hollaback girl vibes and it's a big "IDGAF" to agesim! Love it!

Ultraviolence26

I love gwen so much. But she needs like new direction this is horrible and i love most everything by gwen. She needs to return to no doubt or start writing with tony kanal like in her first two albums.. twitter is destroying the song.. hope she scrapped and do something better.. she still has it but this is not good 

campelo
16 minutes ago, hotfire2012 said:

I can't believe some of you didn't like this. If she'd keep doing the country stuff it would be worse, so I'm glad she's having fun and releasing this type of music. The video is giving major Hollaback girl vibes and it's a big "IDGAF" to agesim! Love it!

Let's quit this ageism discussion, it sounds like Madonna talking **** about ageism and jumping to sing 16s songs and using heavy illumination to appear young. Gwen should own her age, just like Mariah did with Caution, Kylie did with Disco, Janet did with the Unbreakable album.  There's always room for mature pop perfection, read your audience. :siptea:

Dolce Vita
58 minutes ago, Nvr said:

I thought I was the only one who seemed to like what she brought to it

i didn't listen to the original but saweetie definitely helps make the song better

34 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

twitter is eating her up. Faux Old Navy advertisements are being made as we speak.

Twitter is a mess and toxic as hell, no surprise there.

EnoughSaid

this is being mocked online it is quite dated and the song is corny. Lol I love Gwen but she needs to bring the edge back 

K$Ellie

she needs to be put down

1zEjP9f.gif

11 hours ago, Ab1818 said:

I liked the video! Made me like the song more??? It was perfect for the song. Not familiar at all with Saweetie, but her part seemed a bit weak.

Not my favorite Gwen song, but it is very catchy and the reggae  feeling of the song  is very nice! Much better than most stuff currently out there that are really explicit and only talking about dumb things. :biblio:

:clap3:

and clap clap clap di clap di clap ISN'T singing about dumb stuff?

1zEjP9f.gif

Edited by K$Ellie