Gwen Stefani & Saweetie - Slow Clap

Mr.Link

She looks like a soccer mom trying to get a viral reaction on TikTok :rip:

She has the talent, the looks and the star power and she keeps wasting it on cheap songs. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GwennyGwenGwen

• Ab1818

• Innocencelost

• ~Start The Music

Silvermoon92

She had some great bops on This is What The Truth Feels like...this is stale :doc:

Dolce Vita

i love this song :rip: reminds me of YNTCD and some other song

the video is so cute, saweetie stays booked and busy 

Whore of Babylon

saweetie took this song to the next level i like it now

Young In Love

i still love this song, it's a cute, harmless, not meant to be taken serious bop, some of y'all are trying way too hard with the hate.

they both looked so cute in the video, Gwen still looks like she's in her early 20s :allears:

Innocencelost

Pairing her with Saweetie in a high school environment was a mistake. It looks cringe. I don’t want to see Gwen in sports gear. I want her to serve high fashion and avant garde. I want concept music videos like WYWF and RG. Enough with this pep rally s#it.

~Start The Music
2 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

1st time heaaring the song.... what is this Gwen this is trash specially the chorus.

Now that Saweetie girl will be the new rapper they will push in 2021? I saw the Doja Colla, Demi song last week & now this Gwen Collab, her verse is cute but im not amazed.

The video is ok but nothing else more.

So based on this song & her last one this album will a tribute to her own music from the past? this is nothing new, I know she can do a lot better than this.

I have never laughed so hard in my life at a post like this.

The definition of cringeworthy right here :ahh:

ozlovezashlee

It’s a fun pop song and the energy in the video is great. 

A fun pair with great chemistry on an already cute song! Hope this mix becomes a hit on the bubbling under chart. :party:

#Beautiful

I'll spare miss harajuku the embarrassment and I'll just pretend this didn't happen

rihannabiggestfan

Love how Gwen has a younger soul than a lot of people on here :clap3: you did that, queen

Edited by rihannabiggestfan
Monky_2405

I wonder why they did not release this immediately! I mean, it makes no sense...I enjoy the song, The video is funny and I like Saweetie!

20 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Love how Gwen has a younger soul than a lot of people on here :clap3: you did that, queen

This. I posted in another thread that people are like YASSS to people singing about their body parts over the same trap beats with much more dumb lyrics, but something a bit more wholesome and fun is the worst thing ever. 💀 (and just hate for no reason)  Not surprised though.  Let people also be different and fun without being explicit. :giraffe:

The video helped the song grow on me a lot more. :clap3:

goldstargay
4 hours ago, jakeisphat said:

I feel like one reason P!nk is so successful is because she evolved with her generation of fans. It just seems off seeing Gwen dancing in a gym with high school students. And Saweetie's verse sounds like she came up with it in the shower, 20 minutes before driving to the studio. 

Pink was smart to FULLY lean into the soccer mom "rock" bops, Gwen is still trying to remain cool with the kids and that is just not ever gonna happen.   Even though this song is a total flop from the jump it would have been awesome for her to reteam with Eve for nostalgia's sake, but not even Eve could save this travesty.

Bloodflowers.

Saweetie ate with her verse :clap3:

Gwen... this song is not good. I was hoping it would be another Wind It Up situation with a polarizing song, and then she will drop a smasha... but this ain't it. She must have an album ready with 12 good songs, and if this as her second SINGLE is the best she could offer, I am afraid of what's next to come...

at least Gwen is still trying though :clap3:

GwennyGwenGwen

Aw the video is so cute, Gwen and Saweetie's chemistry really comes through :hug:

Twitter is gonna eat Gwen up of course, but i love that she is just having fun, doing her thing, and doesn't give a fk :jonny6:

Superbitch

Cute. But I wish it was an actual remix and they would’ve had a breakdown with nothing but claps. Also mess I watched an hour ago and it only has 89k views :sad: 

Innocencelost

I’m fuming over the fact that she chose to reshoot the music video for Saweetie to be in it. It shows it’s a one day shoot with little budget and just one costume change.

I wonder what the original video looked like...

GwennyGwenGwen
3 minutes ago, Innocencelost said:

I’m fuming over the fact that she chose to reshoot the music video for Saweetie to be in it. It shows it’s a one day shoot with little budget and just one costume change.

I wonder what the original video looked like...

Huh? Who says there was an original video? I don't think i've ever heard that.

Innocencelost
1 minute ago, GwennyGwenGwen said:

Huh? Who says there was an original video? I don't think i've ever heard that.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/saweetie-gwen-stefani-slow-clap-new-version-1234945925/

“Saweetie laid down her verse that very day, and Stefani decided to reshoot the “Slow Clap” video — most of which had already been filmed — in order to include her.”