Radio has picked their next IT girl. Surprised?

Pop radio has chosen their next girl to latch on to! Over the years we’ve seen many pop girls come and go at pop radio but not before making a lasting impact on the format from Lady Gaga (The Fame Monster era - 5 #1s at Pop), Katy Perry (many #1s across 3 eras), Ariana (she run pop!), Camila (5 #1s), Dua (currently slaying pop) and now Olivia! 

Drivers License spent 5 weeks at #1 at Pop and about to spend a 3rd week at #1 on HAC and now Déjà Vu is racing up the charts! 

29 (+2) deja vu: 2.643 (+573) | 9.251 (+2.225)

Surprised? 

Just now, mxoonlight said:

Not you trying to slip Camila in there!

5 #1s Only 2 albums out! :eli:

• #FreeBritney Activist
Breathe On Moi

Serving Alessia Cara realness 

3 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

Serving Alessia Cara realness 

Then let’s hope her sophomore followup isn’t the most boring music of all time! 

• #FreeBritney Activist
SinnerCity
1 minute ago, FAN said:

Then let’s hope her sophomore followup isn’t the most boring music of all time! 

We have Camila Cabello for that thank you. Olivia will do just fine

Just now, SinnerCity said:

We have Camila Cabello for that thank you. Olivia will do just fine

Lol I’m the biggest Olivia stan and I was literally saying the same thing but go off sis

• #FreeBritney Activist
SinnerCity
1 minute ago, FAN said:

Lol I’m the biggest Olivia stan and I was literally saying the same thing but go off sis

I know, I was just supporting your statement with facts :gaycatney2:

• #FreeBritney Activist
Breathe On Moi
2 minutes ago, FAN said:

You guys should fight tbh 

• #FreeBritney Activist
Breathe On Moi
1 minute ago, SinnerCity said:

I know, I was just supporting your statement with facts :gaycatney2:

Awww boo boring 

Camila has six pop #1s if you include Work From Home. Not bad for a 24 year old

tumblr_oqbrnoz8Dk1r63q61o1_400.gifv

Happy for swiftie Olivia :clap3: 

Sweet Sexy Savage
12 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

Awww boo boring 

:bibliahh: 
-

I wish the new girls would start something between each other. None of this white boy/love triangle drama

gngzack

Her music has everything that I hate about Taylor's music in the first half of the 2010s; it's clear she's starting off with good industry support but I'm not sure how well this type of music can pan out in today's climate.

Edited by gngzack
aliciavikanders

I like her music, but at the same time radio shouldn’t really count for the charts so I’m conflicted :skull:

Control1986

Being a radio it girl is not always the best thing. Britney and Gaga were never exactly radio darlings, Christina and Katy were. But good on Olivia. 

Luckitty

not surprised that radio loves Olivia's talent and critically acclaimed music :clap3:

Music2002
3 hours ago, Control1986 said:

Being a radio it girl is not always the best thing. Britney and Gaga were never exactly radio darlings, Christina and Katy were. But good on Olivia. 

Britney and Gaga were both radio darling.

Yes, Britney's radio stats during the early 2000s were interesting, but from 2008-2012, she had 8 top ten pop radio hits. I Wanna Go went #1 on pop radio despite selling a measly 1.8 digital sales.

And Gaga had 10 top 10 hits on the pop radio from 2009-2011, which is the definition of radio darlings. And Rain On Me was extremely radio driven. It was #48 on the year end chart despite being #75 on the streaming chart. She did poorly on the radio during ARTPOP and Joanne, but it's not like her music was selling well either.

There is no correlation between being 'radio darlings' and career longevity. Rihanna, Taylor, Bruno, Justin, Mariah, Beyonce, etc. were all radio darling at the peak of their careers and they all had longevity.

OT: congrats to Olivia, I guess she's an MPG now.

3 hours ago, Control1986 said:

Lady Gagas first 6 singles went #1 on Pop, how was not a radio darling :deadbanana4: radio just abandoned her when the material stopped being what mainstream listeners wanted.

• #FreeBritney Activist
Enzolorenzo
4 hours ago, Control1986 said:

45 minutes ago, Music2002 said:

Britney and Gaga were both radio darling.

Yes, Britney's radio stats during the early 2000s were interesting, but from 2008-2012, she had 8 top ten pop radio hits. I Wanna Go went #1 on pop radio despite selling a measly 1.8 digital sales.

And Gaga had 10 top 10 hits on the pop radio from 2009-2011, which is the definition of radio darlings. And Rain On Me was extremely radio driven. It was #48 on the year end chart despite being #75 on the streaming chart. She did poorly on the radio during ARTPOP and Joanne, but it's not like her music was selling well either.

There is no correlation between being 'radio darlings' and career longevity. Rihanna, Taylor, Bruno, Justin, Mariah, Beyonce, etc. were all radio darling at the peak of their careers and they all had longevity.

OT: congrats to Olivia, I guess she's an MPG now.

Britney was big on pop radio but she didn’t have a strong 2nd format (except for Rhythmic sometimes but she just did okay there) 

Communion

Isn't she literally the new iHeartRadio On The Verge artist like how Iggy was?

Luckitty
2 hours ago, Communion said:

Isn't she literally the new iHeartRadio On The Verge artist like how Iggy was?

Doesn’t that just last for a month?

jijie101
8 hours ago, FAN said:

Lady Gaga (The Fame Monster era - 5 #1s at Pop)

TFM era had 6 pop radio #1s

JD-PF-LG-Paparazzi-BR-Telephone

OT: Radio has made the right choice:clap3: