Queer As Folk Reboot Coming to PeacockTV

The new “Queer As Folk” is described as a "reimagining" of the original series and will "explore a diverse group of friends in New Orleans whose lives are transformed in the aftermath of a tragedy."

PLEASE BE GOOD! :dancehall:

Edited by Yog

Please let it actually look like today with representation too since it won't be a continuation of the original 2000-2005 story (referring to the US version).

So pumped for this :jonny5:

3 minutes ago, Hector said:

At least it won't be on Bravo,  where it would've needed to be heavily censored for basic cable. 

TRUE. i just hope its not a disappointment. all i can see is them casting a bunch of bland white dudes and its Looking all over again 

I've been waiting for this for years :jonny5: the us version looked quite cheap too so I'm not worried about it being on peacock but it was still amazing because of the characters so let's hope they get them right and erase michael from the story 

Just now, Yog said:

Also can we put some diversity in the cast... :cm:

That's what I meant by representation. 

Also:

The network announced a straight-to-series order of the reboot, which is described as a modern take on the original UK series that will chronicle the lives of a diverse group of friends in New Orleans whose lives are transformed in the aftermath of a tragedy.

Interesting location instead of San Francisco, New York,  or Chicago.

1 minute ago, Hector said:

Also:

The network announced a straight-to-series order of the reboot, which is described as a modern take on the original UK series that will chronicle the lives of a diverse group of friends in New Orleans whose lives are transformed in the aftermath of a tragedy.

the uk version? cancel it :rip:

Just now, Hector said:

Also:

I saw the premise, deleted my post :shutup: 

and very interesting setting in New Orleans indeed, but than again.. the original took place in Pennsylvania, not an very gay state like the ones you mentioned 

This is definitely going to be interesting in 2021 given the main romance :skull: 

I’m excited, though. I love the OG show and hope they get some actual hens up in there.

For all of QaF faults, while it aired on Showtime, really did push their No Limits tag line.  I remember having to watch this show on mute late at nite.  💀

Will this reboot actually go there?  

37 minutes ago, Mason Gooding said:

well this better not end up like my policeman casting... they better cast some hot people cause i wont be watchin for anything else sorry

tumblr_inline_pgdy5h4WhD1qiek1e_400.gifv

Hot, gay, talented. Preferably not all yt. Let’s GO!!!!

tumblr_inline_pgdy5h4WhD1qiek1e_400.gifv

3 hours ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

For all of QaF faults, while it aired on Showtime, really did push their No Limits tag line.  I remember having to watch this show on mute late at nite.  💀

Will this reboot actually go there?  

Truly! I doubt in current climate they will have the main character sleep with an underage high school boy. They’ll probably make him of consenting age.

Them describing the cast as “a diverse group of friends” gives me hope that we finally get POC representation. 

Edited by insomniac