Madonna triumph artistically or commercially in the 2020's ?

Oxy

StrangerInTheDark

The fact that some of you are actually being ageist by wishing her to do only soft ballads :deadbanana4:

That's exactly problem with ageism. You are still not ready to see old pop star doing pop music like younger ones. 

1 minute ago, tiagol88 said:

She will keep doing what she wants to do. She got nothing to prove anymore.

561841390_ScreenShot2021-04-06at5_56_14P

ok but janet keeps releasing quality to this day and has remained truthful to her artistry. dont try it :tsk:

5 minutes ago, Karla Cabello said:

ok but janet keeps releasing quality to this day and has remained truthful to her artistry. dont try it :tsk:

To this day?

Her last 2 albums came in 2008 and 2015. This is 2021 we're in right now :deadbanana4:

Also in the last 15 years she released 4 studio albums and among them, she released this:

Janet_Jackson_Discipline.png 220px-Janet20YO.jpg

So allow me to disagree with you :cm:

I'll give you Unbreakable....but if that counts, so does Madame X. They are both in their 70's on Metacritic. 

Let's not pretend both of them are masterpieces. They are good but hardly anything amazing.

Also...Madame X is Madonna at her most artistic since 2003. I don't get what you were trying to imply with that tbh. 

StrangerInTheDark
8 minutes ago, Karla Cabello said:

All for you, Damita Jo, 20YO and Discipline and that trend hopping song with Daddy Yankee are saying otherwise. Not saying Unbreakable because I want to be nice. :sorry:

1 minute ago, tiagol88 said:

To this day?

Her last 2 albums came in 2008 and 2015. This is 2021 we're in right now :deadbanana4:

Also in the last 15 years she released 4 studio albums and among them, she released this:

I'll give you Unbreakable....but if that counts, so does Madame X. They are both in their 70's on Metacritic. 

Let's not pretend both of them are masterpieces. They are good but hardly anything amazing.

Also...Madame X is Madonna at her most artistic since 2003. I don't get what you were trying to imply with that tbh. 

that janet is not a sellout

3 minutes ago, Karla Cabello said:

Unbreakable 75

Madame X 70

Rebel Heart 68

Hard Candy 65

MDNA 64

Discipline 61

Damite Jo 53

2.0 YO 52

637aab6c2827c7d030a89a683b70214f.thumb.j

OT: She will probably extend her record as a touring act and could get a cute surge on streaming plataforms after the biopic. Her work will continue to be political and polarizing. ATRL will keep seething at her for challenging social norms. I don't expect significant sales or hits 5 decades into her career but I'd like to be surprised.

25 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

She will keep doing what she wants to do. She got nothing to prove anymore.

561841390_ScreenShot2021-04-06at5_56_14P

22 minutes ago, Karla Cabello said:

14 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

To this day?

13 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

All for you, Damita Jo, 20YO and Discipline and that trend hopping song with Daddy Yankee are saying otherwise. Not saying Unbreakable because I want to be nice. :sorry:

13 minutes ago, Karla Cabello said:

6 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Unbreakable 75

Madame X 70

Rebel Heart 68

Hard Candy 65

MDNA 64

Discipline 61

Damite Jo 53

2.0 YO 52

637aab6c2827c7d030a89a683b70214f.thumb.j

OT: She will probably extend her record as a touring act and could get a cute surge on streaming plataforms after the biopic. Her work will continue to be political and polarizing. ATRL will keep seething at her for challenging social norms. I don't expect significant sales or hits 5 decades into her career but I'd like to be surprised.

I will not have a Janet vs Madonna thread here...

200.gif

Janet and Madonna are among my faves and they are amazing regardless of their work then and now...

1 hour ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Biopic is gonna end her career and massive panned mess will force her to retire. She'll be too embaressed to even try anything after that and being asked about it.

no lol. the more panned it is the more she will defend it and the more music she will release. this is Madonna, she never does what people tell her to, she always had to be contrarian

StrangerInTheDark
2 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

no lol. the more panned it is the more she will defend it and the more music she will release. this is Madonna, she never does what people tell her to, she always had to be contrarian

She quit her movie career after critics ruined her for Swept Away, she's gonna quit overall when she sweeps away Razzies for biopic. Life is a circle :giraffe:

commercially she is done. also her narcissistic attitude has kinda caught up with her. starting concerts 2+ hours late is absolutely unacceptable. 

she will probably release another album like Madame X and think its the next Ray of Light when its just another ****ty record that no one's gonna buy or stream. 

51 minutes ago, Karla Cabello said:

She released a single with Missy Elliott as a feat in 2001

Her 1st single from 20yo was with Nelly i- :deadbanana4:

Her last album's first single had J. Cole. 

Her last single overall was with Daddy Yankee :rip:

The lack of self awareness is palpable in here lmao.

She will most likely never have another hit. until she works with a producer that understands what made her viable in the first place. She is still creative, the Madame X tour proves that. But as far as music goes, I don’t think we are gonna ever get the spectacle, controversial  or forward thinking production she use to make. Also times have changed and she sounds off when singing over modern beats. Crave sounds good, but another artist would have sounded better on it. Same with I Rise. Her singles also pale in comparison to her 2000’s ones. I think if she just did a generic dance pop songs, use Dua’s producer, or actually give good promotions then she would be more accepted in today’s industry. But she is the Queen and honestly done more then enough for the culture 

3 hours ago, PennywiseTheClown said:

I wish she would stop chasing trends, and just let her creativity flow like she did with American Life, Like a Prayer and Ray Of Light. Madame X was a great record, but now after a while some parts sound dated already because that Reggaeton/trap trend is dying. It's the case with all her albums from the 10's. She should continue in Madame X's direction, but with even more real instruments and a lot less autotune and trendy production. Commericially I think she'll only be relevant as a legacy act, but so is practically everyone else from her generation.

what trends did she chase with madame x? it was one of the most experimental albums shes made. you think the batukadeiras and portuguese fado and mirwais are "trend chasing"?

41 minutes ago, wanderlust said:

what trends did she chase with madame x? it was one of the most experimental albums shes made. you think the batukadeiras and portuguese fado and mirwais are "trend chasing"?

Collabs with Anitta, Maluma, and Swae.

PennywiseTheClown
58 minutes ago, wanderlust said:

That’s what I meant with some parts sound dated. The album overall is great and experimental, but then you have those basic stream chasing collabs as well. So unnecessary and cheap. She should make another album just with Mirwais, no features. Imagine the slayage