Madonna triumph artistically or commercially in the 2020's ?

Oxy

Madonna is the queen of Pop and there is a reason for the title..

Been slaying the 80's, 90's, and 00's..

But the 10's were a polarising decade for her...

Artistic wise she was a beast, but now she has hits and misses..

Commercially, meh she alright for someone with this long career...

But what can you see for her in this decade ? or what do you wish she would do ?

???

StrangerInTheDark

Biopic is gonna end her career and massive panned mess will force her to retire. She'll be too embaressed to even try anything after that and being asked about it.

StrangerInTheDark
1 minute ago, TROJAN said:

She’s done commercial-wise. :hippo:

Artistic-wise? Who knows

This is low key true but only because pure sales are done too.

If streaming didn't end sales she would've been fine.

Honestly, idk. Madame X was a flawed album but was ultimately a step in the right direction, she should pursue the artsy route now. Maybe biopic will do good for her legacy and she gets some positive media, something she really needs

As long as she's still making music and passionate about doing it, it's already great. I hope she and us fans get less obsessed with success and acclaim, and just does what she likes best.

1 minute ago, superben said:

As long as she's still making music and passionate about doing it, it's already great. I hope she and us fans get less obsessed with success and acclaim, and just does what she likes best.

I agree, that's why i focused on artistic more..

I want her to keep releasing music but with a higher quality...

My wish:

She should tone down the teenage attire and dress up like her Marlene Dietrich self again and sing ballads... more ballads and more slow songs with meaning. Something akin to Frozen... something haunting. 

She would smash so hard with that, especially in EU. Her AC-self is the most neglected out of all her re-incarnations.

An album with bops and ballads would probably be her commercial resurrection.

Madonna doesn't have what it takes to make a good album anymore (like most legacy acts after so many years in the industry). She's done commercially but her shows will still sell out.

Adult contemporary music or something soft like Bedtime Stories with a few upbeat tracks thrown in. A well promoted GH package and GH world tour would do wonders especially if it's tied in with the movie. 

We know she won't be making albums much longer so I'd rather her stop trying to capture younger fans and focus on good quality tunes.

PennywiseTheClown

I wish she would stop chasing trends, and just let her creativity flow like she did with American Life, Like a Prayer and Ray Of Light. Madame X was a great record, but now after a while some parts sound dated already because that Reggaeton/trap trend is dying. It's the case with all her albums from the 10's. She should continue in Madame X's direction, but with even more real instruments and a lot less autotune and trendy production. Commericially I think she'll only be relevant as a legacy act, but so is practically everyone else from her generation.

6 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

Madonna doesn't have what it takes to make a good album anymore (like most legacy acts after so many years in the industry). She's done commercially but her shows will still sell out.

i just dont get how their minds go from creating something so good like bedtime and erotica. to doing whatever shes been doing since hard candy. like she was a master of craft once, i just dont understand what happened :dancehall2:

42 minutes ago, Oxy said:

Commercially, meh she alright for someone with this long career

Commercially she's doing amazing for someone with this long career :rip: I don't think there are many acts from the 80s getting #1 albums and a top 10 single like she did last decade. She's past her prime ofc but she's doing great for her standards.

Artistically... who knows.

Edited by alfonso12

MDNA was a joke, Rebel Heart unfortunately was a victim of the leak which resulted in most of the album being quite literally released in the demo stage of the songs and the trackist being flooded with too many tracks didn't help either but the album is good overall, and when it comes to Madame X I'd rather not say anything at all

18 minutes ago, stevyy said:

My wish:

She should tone down the teenage attire and dress up like her Marlene Dietrich self again and sing ballads... more ballads and more slow songs with meaning. Something akin to Frozen... something haunting. 

She would smash so hard with that, especially in EU. Her AC-self is the most neglected out of all her re-incarnations.

An album with bops and ballads would probably be her commercial resurrection.

Exactly!

Her 90's art direction is the way with ballads and mid-tempo songs, she can nail it...

35 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Biopic is gonna end her career and massive panned mess will force her to retire. She'll be too embaressed to even try anything after that and being asked about it.

Embarrasemnt sadly never stopped Madonna from doing anything. Why is the biopic going to end her career? I don't know much about what's going on with it right now