Is Taylor Swift a Genius for doing this?

Baby Judas

Sweet Sexy Savage
15 minutes ago, SoJro101 said:

CxH are obviously signed to Bey's label and have been for 5 years. That's a different level of mentorship and isn't opportunistic. These situations aren't related. 

:cm:  Chloe x Halle would eat both Conan and Olivia on and off that stage and in the studio. 
-

Smart and calculated queen

Edited by Sweet Sexy Savage

Taylor is legend material in the making. She'll likely be the best selling artist overall by the end of her career. 

It's a combination of her young career start, consistent and growing audience, and laser focus on her music career. I'm not the biggest fan of her music, but it's interesting to see her strategy moving forward. It comes across excessive, but kudos to her for caring. Can't hate her for it. 

2 minutes ago, SoJro101 said:

Taylor is legend material in the making. She'll likely be the best selling artist overall by the end of her career. 

She's 130M records behind Madonna so I highly doubt it.

OT: Yes, I think she's gonna be like Barbra Streisand and never flop tbh

2 hours ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

You're all making me cringe, talking about Taylor like she's some kind of t-rex when she's like barely 30 and her audience is most likely also their audience :dies: the way you're all doing too much just to give a credit where it's not due and for bare minimum, perfect example of the world we live in today regarding pop music.

I agree 

and calling this genius is a bit much :doc: 

Some people in here thinking Taylor needs Olivia and Conan to stay relevant amongst the kids as if Love Story, wildest dream, you belong with me, welcome to new york, and better than revenge didn’t just go viral on tiktok without her lifting a finger. :skull: 

If anything, she’s just having her favs juniors hyping up her release since they are fans of her, esp fearless the album. These young artists can get exposure from Taylor’s followers and Taylor is seen as cool and trendy as ever. 

TheCheetahwings
1 minute ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

She’s smart for doing it, but calling her a genius... it’s not like she has a team behind her(as well) helping her making these decisive moves

Taylor hardly needed a team to know that Olivia would be great to promote her album with tbh. And Taylor's last two albums were completely her vision/decision she wasnt pushed to do it by her "team" really, so yeah it is her tbh.

4 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

:cm:  Chloe x Halle would eat both Conan and Olivia on and off that stage and in the studio. 
-

Smart and calculated queen

Can’t eat Conan and Olivia on the chart tho

TheCheetahwings
1 minute ago, allforyou said:

She's 130M records behind Madonna so I highly doubt it.

OT: Yes, I think she's gonna be like Barbra Streisand and never flop tbh

With streaming weighted into it, she has a chance but who knows. Taylor is gonna be releasing 5 re-recordings which will sell and stream on top of her old catalog, as well as her next album which she's planning a full blown era for. So it's probably not gonna happen anytime soon, but if she can keep managing to stay relevant and successful you never know.

Sweet Sexy Savage
2 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

Can’t eat Conan and Olivia on the chart tho

Conan, with his Billie-esqué Spotify push, have yet to get a hit to land him in the public eye front stage

Olivia is serving a Alessia Cara like career trajectory(drivers license was the Here of 2021, deja vu is her Scars :cm:)

Sweet Sexy Savage
6 minutes ago, TheCheetahwings said:

Taylor hardly needed a team to know that Olivia would be great to promote her album with tbh. And Taylor's last two albums were completely her vision/decision she wasnt pushed to do it by her "team" really, so yeah it is her tbh.

I’m saying it is her, and it’s her decisions, but there are people in her team that make the phone calls and legal documents and what not. That’s what I meant. :cm:

TheCheetahwings
8 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

I’m saying it is her, and it’s her decisions, but there are people in her team that make the phone calls and legal documents and what not. That’s what I meant. :cm:

i mean ofc, every pop girl has teams like that tbh. itd be a mess if they were all handling every bit themselves nn :jonny: 

3 hours ago, LoveInStereo said:

Not at all. She's cheapening her brand by trying so hard to be relevant to audiences she's above. Trying to convert fans of Olivia or Conan Grey onto her side is just sad.

cheapening, like when She had constant guest stars on Her record-breaking tours for mutual respect/brand awareness? Her brand is supporting other people; sorry if you feel like that's a bad thing, xoxo

7 hours ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Conan, with his Billie-esqué Spotify push, have yet to get a hit to land him in the public eye front stage

Olivia is serving a Alessia Cara like career trajectory(drivers license was the Here of 2021, deja vu is her Scars :cm:)

drivers license is about to outsell here in the next few months, the follow up of here tanked and peaked at #50, scars was a payola'd mess

meanwhile deja vu is stable on streaming and is about to debut in the top 10, something alessia could never dream of even during her peak.

their career trajectories are not similar at all