Post & Ed's celebrity doesn't match their chart success: why

My Tears Ricochet

unclefloprry

Welp maybe they need to write & sing about their famous exes for some attention :gaycat4:

Bayouboy
Just now, Ari29 said:

This just isn’t true...especially for Drake. There was a whole thing with him hiding a baby just a few years ago, AubRih, feud with Chris Brown ect. 

There was the whole thing with Post and his fetish for Asian women. 

I think it’s more about your social circle than anything else.

Exactly...... he had a kid in PRIVATE and was exposed by Pusha T and Kanye putting his private life in the spotlight.

The Chris brown feud happened because of Rihanna. Something Chris dragging him into. So again what are you talking about? 

07tandu

I would say Drake and Ed are huge celebrities they just don't play the celebrity game as much as others so they aren't always in media.

4 minutes ago, Bayouboy said:

Exactly...... he had a kid in PRIVATE and was exposed by Pusha T and Kanye putting his private life in the spotlight.

The Chris brown feud happened because of Rihanna. Something Chris dragging him into. So again what are you talking about? 

But you said people didn’t care his private life, they do. Same reason there was talk about him getting Jhonni Blaze jumped when she was pregnant by him...people are invested in Drake’s personal life/celebrity otherwise these stories wouldn’t be out there. It’s more likely that maybe your and OP’s social circle doesn’t discuss him so you may not realize it. That’s all I’m saying 

Da Vinci

Drake is a huge celeb in the US / Canada at least

He was everywhere during the Scorpion era and his dating life gets media attention (like the Rihanna/JLo stuff)

and his rap feuds and son and stuff

There were even threads about all those here on ATRL so like? :rip: 

The other two are super lowkey like Adele

Everyone just streams their music, why would str8 men be interested and gossip about their personal lives I-

SimpleKindofLife

Their music is so wide appealing that their personalities are generally a nonfactor in their success. Basically, they are textbook definitions of GP artists.

Bayouboy
2 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

But you said people didn’t care his private life, they do. Same reason there was talk about him getting Jhonni Blaze jumped when she was pregnant by him...people are invested in Drake’s personal life/celebrity otherwise these stories wouldn’t be out there. It’s more likely that maybe your and OP’s social circle doesn’t discuss him so you may not realize it. That’s all I’m saying 

Oh no not like hat. I was referring to he doesn’t seek out celebrity meaning being on commercials, doing television, going to every award show. He doesn’t care about that. He makes deals behind the scene, and turns down all interview. I guess in my mind people whom do that seek wanting to be a celebrity. Let’s be honest, he’s on of the biggest artist on the planet and everyone know him because he address us just in music. That was all. :hug:

Katamari
42 minutes ago, Bayouboy said:

People aren’t interested in their personal life because they keep there personal business private. They aren’t seeking to become celebrities. They want to be artist and sell as many records as possible and make bank. If it ain’t broke why fix it. 

agreed

2bcNjvn.gif

Katamari

this is YET another reason why stans are horrible 

2bcNjvn.gif

superben
42 minutes ago, Baby Judas said:

Because you're in a gay forum. I bet the ordinary people knows them more than ATRL's main pop girls. 

This is true.

For example, Post's face tattoos are more recognizable than many other pop girls things that ATRL declare "iconic".

My Tears Ricochet
3 minutes ago, superben said:

For example, Post's face tattoos are more recognizable than many other pop girls things that ATRL declare "iconic".

He has only 22M followers on Instagram. People barely knows how he looks to even recognize his tattoos 

Music2002

Drake is a huge celebrity. I don't know why he is a topic of this discussion. But also let's look at their performance on the Billboard 200 decade end chart.

Billboard 200 decade end chart

Ed Sheeran:

Divide - #3 

Multiply - #8

Post Malone:

beerbongs and bentleys - #5

Stoney - #6

ATRL is just out of touch. They are bigger than all of you pop girls, bar Taylor and Adele. Look at Selena Gomez and her 200 million followers on instagram, yet she can't have an album chart for longer than 26 weeks. Would you rather be the biggest artist in the world and have a ton of commercial success, or have a ton of followers on instagram and twitter, which lead to much less financial success.

AbeHicks
6 minutes ago, Music2002 said:

Drake is a huge celebrity. I don't know why he is a topic of this discussion. But also let's look at their performance on the Billboard 200 decade end chart.

Billboard 200 decade end chart

Ed Sheeran:

Divide - #3 

Multiply - #8

Post Malone:

beerbongs and bentleys - #5

Stoney - #6

ATRL is just out of touch. They are bigger than all of you pop girls, bar Taylor and Adele. Look at Selena Gomez and her 200 million followers on instagram, yet she can't have an album chart for longer than 26 weeks. Would you rather be the biggest artist in the world and have a ton of commercial success, or have a ton of followers on instagram and twitter, which lead to much less financial success.

Selena gets brand deals and sponsorships because of her followers which is a much better way of making money.

anigif_enhanced-31829-1400268700-7.gif?d

Music2002
4 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

Selena gets brand deals and sponsorships because of her followers which is a much better way of making money.

Net worth:

Ed Sheeran - $200 million

Selena Gomez - $75 million

Tour Gross:

Divide Tour - $776 million

Revival Tour - $48 million

But sure, I agree with you.

• #FreeBritney Activist
ConceptD

Post malone isn’t a celebrity at all here and I don’t think I’ve heard any of his songs (if I have I didn’t know it was him lol) but Ed Sheeran is huge and an household name. You unfortunately cannot escape his songs. 

Da Vinci
22 minutes ago, Music2002 said:

Net worth:

Ed Sheeran - $200 million

Selena Gomez - $75 million

Tour Gross:

Divide Tour - $776 million

Revival Tour - $48 million

But sure, I agree with you.

yeah i doubt post and ed care about ppl being perched at their insta pages and obsessing over their dating lives or sumn :rip: they're not trying to be the male kardashians

they are truly winning tbh

they get the benefits of fame without the downsides (getting hounded for their personal, private lives)

Not anyone would live for the drama and media spotlights

Ed and his record-breaking tours stay unbothered

1 hour ago, AbeHicks said:

lol

gustavothehuman
2 hours ago, Bayouboy said:

People aren’t interested in their personal life because they keep there personal business private. They aren’t seeking to become celebrities. They want to be artist and sell as many records as possible and make bank. If it ain’t broke why fix it. 

this

dv7nd8w.gif

Pink Matter
57 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

yeah i doubt post and ed care about ppl being perched at their insta pages and obsessing over their dating lives or sumn :rip: they're not trying to be the male kardashians

they are truly winning tbh

they get the benefits of fame without the downsides (getting hounded for their personal, private lives)

And really this is what it boils down to. It has to be EXHAUSTING to be hounded by paparazzi and have people following your every move on social media/IRL. They have the best of both worlds; being huge stars that get hits/move albums units and having private enough lives for their level of celebrity.