Post & Ed's celebrity doesn't match their chart success: why

My Tears Ricochet

My Tears Ricochet

Have you ever felt as if Ed Sheeran & Post Malone's chart success doesn't match their celebrity?  People are not interested in their personal lives, they don't seem larger than life. They just feel ordinary. Even Sports stars feel bigger and more adored than them.

It's the same with most of the pop boys too.

What must be the reason? 

Edit : removed Drake from the conversation. He seems to be a huge celeb after all

Edited by My Tears Ricochet
Talking Fish

They are, we just dont talk about them here cuz theyre male. Maybe Ed Sheeran isnt.

Yes, despite their big numbers they honestly feel like non-events. But that might just be because we’re on pop forums

Bayouboy

People aren’t interested in their personal life because they keep there personal business private. They aren’t seeking to become celebrities. They want to be artist and sell as many records as possible and make bank. If it ain’t broke why fix it. 

ariananext
1 minute ago, Bayouboy said:

People aren’t interested in their personal life because they keep there personal business private. They aren’t seeking to become celebrities. They want to be artist and sell as many records as possible and make bank. If it ain’t broke why fix it. 

this + their fans are mostly straight males who couldn't care less about what they do in their private lives

Baby Judas

Because you're in a gay forum. I bet the ordinary people knows them more than ATRL's main pop girls. 

They’re men. Women tend to be bigger in the tabloids/social media. 

CaptainMusic

Drake and Ed both were and felt massive during Scorpion and Divide. Post is the only one who IMO doesn't feel as big as his stats suggest.

Billionaire
6 minutes ago, Bayouboy said:

This. They don't need stuff like that as PR to sell records and get streams. 

It's the same with people like Adele. The demographics they appeal to don't care about anything going on in their personal lives, they just want good music.  

Edited by Billionaire

Drake is a big celebrity. What you talking about?

My Tears Ricochet
10 minutes ago, Talking Fish said:

They are, we just dont talk about them here cuz theyre male. Maybe Ed Sheeran isnt.

My friends circle is mostly straight boys and we rarely have conversation about pop boys. We often talk about football players, but never about male music stars.

They talk more about pop girls and how they ******* thinking about their hot bodies last night:deadbanana4:

This feels strange to me since, straight men are the major demographic of these male stars. If they're not that interested in them, where are all these streams coming from? 

Bayouboy
1 minute ago, Billionaire said:

This. They don't need stuff like that as PR to sell records and get streams. 

It's the same with people like Adele, their demographic don't care about anything going on in their personal lives, they just want good music. 

Exactly. And why do we want them to be big celebs? We’ve seen what happens when celebrities get over exposed: Britney, Gaga, Taylor, Beyoncé etc they always go into hiding for a year and wish they never got that big cause now they can’t go anywhere without chaos erupting. And people use there personal life against them. They can’t do that if they don’t know sh*t about ya

Masked Epiphany

I'm pretty sure all three would get mobbed by masses of people if they stepped out in a major city

mxoonlight

Drake is a pretty big celebrity with plenty of stories attached to him. Who cares about Post or Ed’s tea? :skull: 

4 minutes ago, Kyoto said:

Drake is a big celebrity. What you talking about?

this

Bayouboy
6 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

My friends circle is mostly straight boys and we rarely have conversation about pop boys. We often talk about football players, but never about male music stars.

They talk more about pop girls and how they ******* thinking about their hot bodies last night:deadbanana4:

This feels strange to me since, straight men are the major demographic of these male stars. If they're not that interested in them, where are all these streams coming from? 

In the same sense as my friends don’t talk about female artist LOL. We talk about Drake, Kendrick, Weeknd, Bruno, sports, and business. 

Keep those friends but also get another group for more conversation. There is life outside of pop girls 

Edited by Bayouboy
faceclef

You're not wrong, much smaller rappers' personal lives get talked about more than drake (outside of rap beef)

drake's does, wtf? he's a massive celeb. he's just kinda lowkey

Nightingale

Drake is definitely a celebrity. But also why would anyone act like not being a celebrity is a bad thing? At the end of the day they’re musicians and should be known primarily for their music. 

As he (Drake) should. 

Not everyone is interested in having chaotic private lives a la Britney. 

Planet Mars

In what world does Drake's celebrity not match his chart success? Drake's about as A list as they get.

19 minutes ago, Bayouboy said:

This just isn’t true...especially for Drake. There was a whole thing with him hiding a baby just a few years ago, AubRih, feud with Chris Brown ect. 

There was the whole thing with Post and his fetish for Asian women. 

I think it’s more about your social circle than anything else.

BOOMBAYAH

Whenever Drake is doing an album roll out his celebrity is huge, especially his era‘s where Rihanna is involved since that gets him loads of headlines. It’s just that he hasn’t released any music recently + has been keeping it low-key. During Scorpion he was literally everywhere, to the point of overexposure actually. 

Rotunda

Drake was in a massively public rap feud where he was exposed for not being an active parent :rip: