Will you still stream Taylor's original recordings?

CaptainMusic

Will you still stream Taylor's original recordings?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes, I will still stream the original recordings
    • No, I will only stream the re-recordings
    • No, I won't stream either

From what I've heard so far I think i'll be sticking with the originals. I know the voice wasn't perfect on those, but it had that youthful glow that suits them much better. Plus I don't like the production on the newer ones, it kinda drowns certain busier parts of songs. I don't use any streaming services, so it wouldn't make a difference to Tay Tay anyway. And of course if there are any the vault tracks that I like, I'll add them to my iChun. Certainly not gonna have any duplicates tho. 

24 minutes ago, its_britney_bitch said:

Depends how close the new ones are... whatever you say about her voice there’s a magic to those older recordings that can just never be recaptured

That's what I was thinking.

Even though her voice is kinda tragic in a lot of her older recordings it makes me feel so nostalgic :chick3: The Love Story rerecording sounds good but something feels like it's missing, I need to hear the other re-recordings.

WhateverYouWant

Honestly I’ll probably still use the old versions. If I listened to her earlier albums more maybe I would switch to the new recordings but I don’t. Really only listen to reputation, Folklore and evermore anyways. 

Edited by WhateverYouWant
2 minutes ago, Brando said:

From what I've heard so far I think i'll be sticking with the originals. I know the voice wasn't perfect on those, but it had that youthful glow that suits them much better. Plus I don't like the production on the newer ones, it kinda drowns certain busier parts of songs. I don't use any streaming services, so it wouldn't make a difference to Tay Tay anyway. And of course if there are any the vault tracks that I like, I'll add them to my iChun. Certainly not gonna have any duplicates tho. 

How is this possible :deadbanana4: 

Get with the times sis.

3 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

How is this possible :deadbanana4: 

Get with the times sis.

Cause they don't hold a candle to the functionality and freedom of my own iTunes collection. There are so many things you simply can't do with streaming services. My own collection is huge enough (20k songs) and I can always add anything i like. 

We will see. With these earlier albums with her weaker vocals I don’t have a problem replacing them, though perhaps a few of the new recordings will be missing that youthful prettiness present in the originals. Once we get to the later albums it will be a case by case basis thing. If the new State of Grace or Treacherous don’t hit the same? Sorry queen. I have memories and nostalgia tied up in a lot of her music and if it isn’t recreated properly I will still be giving Shamrock my streams.

Edited by Beyonnaise

Her voice was worse in the original recordings, but the songs suit that time, I guess. The re-recordings sound extra corny so far. 

I guess I won't stream either, though. I don't really use her early music anymore.

gustavothehuman

fearless' re-recording clearly seems to be more polished and well-produced than the original version, i'm assuming the same will be happening for her debut album and speak now, but the other three are already very good, so i'm curious to see how she'll make them better, i feel like i might end up not liking the newer versions of the newer albums... anyway, i'm thinking in downloading ill*g*lly the old versions, just in case

dv7nd8w.gif

Edited by gustavothehuman

Im a big Swifties and i can barely tell the different between these versions so the original become useless now.

And those vault songs made the album longer and fuller. 

2 hours ago, M-P-B said:

no, I like the new Love Story so I'm sure I'm not gonna mind the rest of the re-recordings either

This - as long as they sound almost the same to the original then the re-recordings will be fine for me.