You Belong With Me bigger than Single Ladies in hindsight...

07tandu

59 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Yes, Single Ladies is kinda forgotten tbh

This. Single Ladies really didn't put an impact on the world like YBWM

SeeingStars1515

Coming from someone who grew up with these two songs - SL by far. YBLM was a great catalyst for Taylor's career and has a nostalgic element but it wasnt anything other than a strong single. SL was a cultural phenomenon during its time. Her performances of SL were by far better than anything Taylor has ever done live lol.

I like TS more than Bey but that's a boldfaced lie. SL's cultural impact was & still is off the charts. YBWM hasn't been part of the public conscience since the year it came out. You guys are so fickle. Wait till the hype dies down

Edited by LoveInStereo
20 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

I like TS more than Bey but that's a boldfaced lie. SL's cultural impact was & still is off the charts. YBWM hasn't been part of the public conscience since the year it came out. You guys are so fickle. Wait till the hype dies down

Single Ladies will be remember and still be playing at EVERY SINGLE WEDDING until the end of time. That is impact. Where are they playing YBWM? Oh ok. These haters ares working overtime

ithinkheknowsoutsold
42 minutes ago, allforyou said:

In the US maybe, Singles Ladies was a worldwide smash meanwhile You Belong With Me flopped outside of NA, I didn't even know that song existed until like 2017

I didn't know you knowing about a song's existence determined whether it was success.

sl is kind of forgotten bc it was a precursor to the meme-y songs. but halo is still bigger than you belong

Edited by Karla Cabello
10 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

I didn't know you knowing about a song's existence determined whether it was success.

It peaked at #61 in Europe... it flopped here

Masked Epiphany

Both are iconic, global and massive hits 

You Belong With Me is literally the 2nd most watched MV of the 2000s by a female artist for those trying it

dv7nd8w.gif

Edited by Masked Epiphany
StrangerInTheDark
2 hours ago, SoJro101 said:

Pretty sure about 900M views of Single Ladies was deleted, and re-uploaded years ago. 

YBWM deserves a lot of things, a VMA over Single Ladies it did not. 

Current upload of SL is from 2009. It absolutely did not have 900m views in 08-09.

ithinkheknowsoutsold
1 hour ago, allforyou said:

It peaked at #61 in Europe... it flopped here

Suddenly Europe is the standard for global success? There are five other continents in the world too.