Taylor Swift - "You Belong With Me (Taylor's Version)"

Baby Judas

Not a sneak peak of a song that exactly sounds the same as the original. :dies: 

2 minutes ago, Green said:

Are those Shawn and Camila?  :toofunny2:

Olivia and Conan sweetie I-

30 minutes ago, Prison said:

Olivia and Conan sweetie I-

Well they look almost the same  :deadbanana2:

fridayteenage
1 hour ago, Riri. said:

Chile, Why is she releasing these songs when they sound the same. 

1 hour ago, IADOFIK said:

How do y'all still not understand the purpose of her re-recordings so many months later

48 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Do you not understand what a re-recording is?

oh wow

1 hour ago, Gui Blackout said:

Do you not understand what a re-recording is?

But what is the point of it is what I'm getting at. 

stonecoldmoonligh
1 hour ago, Squall said:

He is so annoying :rip:

I think you mean talented. :shutup:

7 minutes ago, Riri. said:

so that people don't listen to the originals owned by Scooter but to the re-recordings owned by her for which Scooter is not getting a single coin... can't believe two years later people still don't understand this  :rip:

11 minutes ago, Riri. said:

So she owns it. 

She doesn't own the original masters so all the royalties off the old version go into someone elses pocket, whenever it's played on the radio, streamed or used in a movies. It would also mean that if she sings her oldies on tours, song she written, she'd still have to pay for it to someone else.

She owns these new versions. All the money from this will go to her.

Edited by Paddy
10 minutes ago, M-P-B said:

so that people don't listen to the originals owned by Scooter but to the re-recordings owned by her for which Scooter is not getting a single coin... can't believe two years later people still don't understand this  :rip:

Thanks sis. I didn't understand what was the point of these re-releases but now I do.

mlaredoperez

The way that she sings it makes the melody stand out even more. Guess she took notes from the years working with Max

This song is an absolute BOP 

Her best country sing. The verses and the chorus slay

18 minutes ago, Riri. said:

Thanks sis. I didn't understand what was the point of these re-releases but now I do.

It’s okay! :heart: I know re-recording might seem silly and a weird thing to do, but Taylor wants to own the songs that she makes. Scooter was so greedy he purchased all of her masters under the table from her very own former label manager, Borschetta (what a betrayal....). And then the cherry on top was Scooter got shook after seeing she was re-recording all her old albums, so he sold her masters to an investment company. He knew the value of the originals would drastically decrease because movie companies, commercials, etc will from now on only be using her new recordings. Basically, no one will be able to make money off of her originals anymore. Taylor was smart and this is why we support her re-recordings. It’s also a blessing in disguise because now we get updated and mature vocals on all our beloved favorite songs!

Edited by Buffy
JawBreaker
48 minutes ago, Paddy said:

She doesn't own the original masters so all the royalties off the old version go into someone elses pocket, whenever it's played on the radio, streamed or used in a movies. 

Not all of the original recordings royalties goes to someone else. She still gets a significant percentage like she always has lol. But yeah with the new ones shell profit all the royalties with no label to split percentages with. 

Edited by JawBreaker
feelslikeadream

She said, "these bitches is my sons" :WAP:

1 hour ago, stonecoldmoonligh said:

I think you mean talented. :shutup:

No I don't.

1 hour ago, selena_lavigne said:

Don’t like that the harmonies are so loud.

Love it. That’s how the original is

2 hours ago, JawBreaker said:

Not all of the original recordings royalties goes to someone else. She still gets a significant percentage like she always has lol. But yeah with the new ones shell profit all the royalties with no label to split percentages with. 

well yeah, that was may point, not that she gets zero, she still gets royalties for song writing and being the voice/singer. But royalties for writing credits are very very small (at least from streaming), now she'll get like 99% of it (Republic will still get something as they're the ones releasing it now), but she is the owner and will always be getting majority of the money it'll make.