TB: Jessie Ware drags Pitchfork

creativity.

• ATRL Moderator
madonnas

appreciate her passion, but she's half wrong.  it was rude, but it was necessarily rude. 

creativity.
6 minutes ago, Madame X said:

appreciate her passion, but she's half wrong.  it was rude, but it was necessarily rude. 

I agree, but I fear this is why they gave What's Your Pleasure? an 8.3 instead of the 9.3 it deserves :shakeno:

• ATRL Moderator
madonnas
1 minute ago, creativity. said:

I agree, but I fear this is why they gave What's Your Pleasure? an 8.3 instead of the 9.3 it deserves :shakeno:

their hatred for strong successful women knows no bounds 

Truth Teller

They didn't even go that hard on him. She was meaner to them than they were to Ed. "I'd like for you to apologize" always irks me. No. You don't get to decide someone else needs to apologize. It's patronizing. I like her guts to react like that to their faces and not worry about burning a bridge, but... yeah

Anyway, I get the sentiment that we should be less harsh on celebrities and public figures. We do tend to use them as punching bags. But this sentiment is the reason why reviews are starting to lose their meaning. It's ridiculously easy to get an acclaimed album these days because reviewers are too scared to give low scores. 3 stars is the lowest most will go to. Plus, scathing reviews are fun to read, sorry. Let's not suck out all the fun out of pop culture to avoid the toxicity.

Digitalism

OMG she didn't hold back

She is wrong tho. Even if he is your friend you have to know the music is horrible 

mxtthewdelrey

It's so funny to me how musicians have to uplift each other all the damn time. I'm sure behind the scenes she must know that the album is absolute garbage.

Illuminati

Put them in their place queen :deadbanana2:Although I would review Ed Sheeran the same

Frappucino

Screaming, you know who else isn’t much of a Ed Sheeran fan? Her mom :ahh: In an interview Jessie said her mom wasn’t a huge fan of the track she did with Sheeran

she should get a clue and turn in her stan card 

Blue Rose
56 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

They didn't even go that hard on him. She was meaner to them than they were to Ed. "I'd like for you to apologize" always irks me. No. You don't get to decide someone else needs to apologize. It's patronizing. I like her guts to react like that to their faces and not worry about burning a bridge, but... yeah

Anyway, I get the sentiment that we should be less harsh on celebrities and public figures. We do tend to use them as punching bags. But this sentiment is the reason why reviews are starting to lose their meaning. It's ridiculously easy to get an acclaimed album these days because reviewers are too scared to give low scores. 3 stars is the lowest most will go to. Plus, scathing reviews are fun to read, sorry. Let's not suck out all the fun out of pop culture to avoid the toxicity.

Pitchfork just wanted to appear edgy by dragging the biggest pop star on the planet at the time and it was a kii for few hours, but the review and score were trash and rude. Divide is a disjointed mess but so are half of the Taylor Swift albums they acclaimed. Heck even Rare by Selena Gomez, which is a total mess by someone who cant even hold a note, got a 6.8. They got Laura to review Divide. Here are all the albums she has reviewed for Pitchfork.
https://pitchfork.com/staff/laura-snapes/albumreviews/?page=1

Notice how Ed is the only mainstream and commercial act. Of course she was going to hate it. Someone who doesn’t like Pop music shouldnt review a Pop album for Pitchfork.

they have this hatred against successful white males. It’s predictable and mean. 
Something fun would be them rightfully dragging an album by an MPG without giving a **** about stans attacking them. Like in what world is Chromatica a 7.3/10 :deadbanana4:

• ATRL Moderator
bluebirdsforever

I love her :deadbanana2:

And she spilled tbh

Whore of Babylon
47 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

they have this hatred against successful white males. It’s predictable and mean. 

cry me a ****ing river??? :biblio:

Iceland

It was a fair review 

deleting what’s our pleasure as we speak!!:giraffe:

ChapelHooker
2 hours ago, Truth Teller said:

this

Music reviews have become ridiculously easy and puffpiece’d that they’re barely worth reading anymore

Thank God we still have some publications ballsy enough to keep it real and give out a low score where a low score is due. The truth is that most music being put out is simply okay, but reviewers will have you believe any album by a big artist is an A+ piece of work

Tinashegrande6

She's obviously being tongue in cheek :rip:

He did deserve a slightly higher score though (maybe a 4).

2 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

Pitchfork just wanted to appear edgy by dragging the biggest pop star on the planet at the time and it was a kii for few hours, but the review and score were trash and rude. Divide is a disjointed mess but so are half of the Taylor Swift albums they acclaimed. Heck even Rare by Selena Gomez, which is a total mess by someone who cant even hold a note, got a 6.8. They got Laura to review Divide. Here are all the albums she has reviewed for Pitchfork.

Notice how Ed is the only mainstream and commercial act. Of course she was going to hate it. Someone who doesn’t like Pop music shouldnt review a Pop album for Pitchfork.

Something fun would be them rightfully dragging an album by an MPG without giving a **** about stans attacking them. Like in what world is Chromatica a 7.3/10 :deadbanana4:

If only more people would have this hatred instead of asslicking, we might have a better world :skull:

Both Sides Now
3 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

Your logic is completely off. Chromatica, Rare and TS albums all received good reviews whereas Divide was mixed/panned. And Pitchfork almost always underscores from the average for pop albums. 

Divide: Metacritic 62 —> Pitchfork 2.8 

Rare: Metacritic 76 —> Pitchfork 6.8

Chromatica: Metacritic 79 —> Pitchfork 7.3

Evermore: Metacritic 85 —> Pitchfork 7.9

Pitchfork were obviously being especially harsh on Ed for the kiis but their scoring is mostly in line with critical opinion. Maybe you should start your own publication to correctly review albums :toofunny3:

Edit: also just read your quip about successful white males... Get a grip! Those poor white males:rofl:

Edited by Both Sides Now