Albums with more than 1 potential lead single?

P!nk Forever

Which are they? Think of catchy, mostly upbeat type of songs that serve as the perfect appetizer for an album era.

For P!nk I think "I‘m Not Dead" and "The Truth About Love" had a lot of potential choices.

I‘m Not Dead

Stupid Girls - official lead single.

U + Ur Hand - filmed alongside Stupid Girls as potential other lead, although ended up as 3rd single.

Cuz I Can - the perfect comeback song.

The Truth About Love

Blow Me (One Last Kiss) - official lead single.

Slut Like You - the only Max Martin song on the album but potential lead vibes.

Here Comes The Weekend ft. Eminem - initially chosen as the lead single before Blow Me arrived.

BeautifulTwistedBabe

True Blue. 

Advanced/soundtrack single: Live to tell

Lead single: Papa don't preach

Title track: True Blue

Forth Single that Landed at #1: Open your Heart. 

Streaming Classic: La isla bonita. 

Fan favorite non-singles: White Heat or Where's the party.

Edited by BeautifulTwistedBabe
  • #FreeBritney Activist
5 minutes ago, Baby Boy said:

Blackout. 

Gimme More, Break the Ice, and Get Back are all lead single worthy. 

Circus could’ve been the lead as well imo 

1 minute ago, prézli said:

In the Zone

Um no…

that album didn’t even have a good lead single itself 

but every other Britney album I would say fits this ideas of having multiple lead single options especially Glory, FF and Britney 

1989’s could have been Blank Space. Shake It Off was the right choice though. While it seemed basic to pop sophisticates, it had the most global appeal and kicked off her most pop era with a cheery, not-too-serious song tailor made for decades of sporting event rotation.

trainsskyscrapers

B'Day.

Deja Vu, Freakum Dress, Green Light, Get Me Bodied, Ring The Alarm, and Upgrade U all fought for that lead slot and performance at the BET Awards.

(Irreplaceable was a last minute addition that Swizz Beatz (Get Me Bodied, Ring The Alarm) thought would be a mistake to pass up. It was recorded too late to be in contention. )

Edited by trainsskyscrapers
trainsskyscrapers

BEYONCÉ as well.

Drunk In Love, XO, Blow, Mine (feat. Drake), and Pretty Hurts all had lead single potential. A little left-field but w/ enough Beyoncé-DNA to be considered part of her brand, especially when you look at how Dual-singles was her method at that time.

Drunk & XO, Drunk & Blow, Mine & Blow, Drunk & Pretty Hurts, Mine & XO, and Mine & Pretty Hurts all seemed like logical choices. And then:

- Blow was eliminated for being too explicit for Pop Radio.

- Ryan Tedder praised XO to the high heavens and said it was better than his previous work Halo (it also tested well), leading BB to already list it as a potential single in their articles.

- I'm sure they ran into testing issues with the length of Mine on Urban Radio (w/ Drake's final verse - which should've been included in the visual)

That left Drunk, XO, and Pretty Hurts, and only 1 of the 3 was considered "very safe"... leaving Drunk and XO as the leads to a risky, trailblazing album.

I’d say BEYONCÉ 

It already had two and in a way Bow Down was an introduction to the era so Flawless could’ve worked too. I guess it didn’t matter so much since the album was unconventional (especially for the time) but if it had a traditional release she could’ve done the traditional Sia’d opener Pretty Hurts too. Thank **** she didn’t though :rip: 

11 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

BEYONCÉ as well.

Drunk In Love, XO, Blow, Mine (feat. Drake), and Pretty Hurts all had lead single potential. A little left-field but w/ enough Beyoncé-DNA to be considered part of her brand, especially when you look at how Dual-singles was her method at that time.

Drunk & XO, Drunk & Blow, Mine & Blow, Drunk & Pretty Hurts, Mine & XO, and Mine & Pretty Hurts all seemed like logical choices. And then:

- Blow was eliminated for being too explicit for Pop Radio.

- Ryan Tedder praised XO to the high heavens and said it was better than his previous work Halo (it also tested well), leading BB to already list it as a potential single in their articles.

- I'm sure they ran into testing issues with the length of Mine on Urban Radio (w/ Drake's final verse - which should've been included in the visual)

That left Drunk, XO, and Pretty Hurts, and only 1 of the 3 was considered "very safe"... leaving Drunk and XO as the leads to a risky, trailblazing album.

omg, snap! :clap3: 

Edited by Doogle
trainsskyscrapers
8 minutes ago, Doogle said:

It already had two

:lmao: The fact that NEITHER of these in their original form are available on streaming/iTunes today (more than 7 years later) is crazy to me. 

20 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

:lmao: The fact that NEITHER of these in their original form are available on streaming/iTunes today (more than 7 years later) is crazy to me. 

And they were both bops :mad: she’s so annoying sometimes 

Nelly Furtado's Loose

Promiscuous smashed in the USA, Maneater smashed in Europe, Say It Right smashed globally (All Good Things smashed in Europe too but wasnt lead single material imo)

Avril Lavigne

- Self-Titled: Here's to Never Growing Up, Rock N Roll, Give You What You Like

Kesha

- High Road: Kinky, My Own Dance, Tonight (messy but would've been fun)

Demi Lovato

- Tell Me You Love Me: Daddy Issues, Sorry Not Sorry, Tell Me You Love Me

- Dancing With the Devil... The Art of Starting Over: The Art of Starting Over, Melon Cake, California Sober