Billie is No. 1 on Pop Radio, why?

bad guy

Because it’s a solid hit that’s been in the Top 20 for like 3 months straight before it was even #1 on pop radio.

It also sold 100k pure sales and is gonna surpass 400M streams soon so to say it’s a “payola” hit is funny since radio’s always been her weakest format.

ATRL being confused is nothing new since most members are 40+

C6TeBy5.gif

Edited by bad guy
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KetysandGagsSon

• Miss Americana

• Nemo

• idleavealone

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, halcyonday said:

The song remains a bomb even with the tremendous amount of payola and playlisting :sadviolin:

KetysandGagsSon
3 hours ago, TeemoR said:

Payola. It’s not a big hit.

Billie with an Adele-like album chart run doesn’t use payola.  These are mostly used by singles artists.
C6TeBy5.gif

JonginBey

People are still caught up in the hype, unfortunately.

C6TeBy5.gif

8 hours ago, _Fey said:

Lowkey I feel like atrl really doesn't understand just how much Billie connects and resonates with people, especially younger people. 

It’s exactly this. ATRL still thinks the biggest pop hits of 2012 are the pinnacle of artistry; anything that doesn’t sound like that anymore they say is “payola”. :toofunny3:

8 hours ago, Kyoto said:

Not Arianators talking about payola when Ariana has 3 songs on power rotations in all the biggest pop stations in the country :rip:

Ariana has great callouts, can’t say the same for Billie :swan:

MingYouToo

Her (and FINNEAS i guess) habit of using way too loud synthesizers and grungy bass is too grating for me.

She has a lovely voice, she's like Selena except she can actually sing. More Everything I Wanted and Lovely less Bury a Friend and Therefore I Am pls!

WAKAWAKA

this is impressive because interscope doesn’t really do radio payola 

Ivan_brit

I like this song but yes It feels so old & random that is #1 but whatever

Also this proves that now Callouts are irrelevant, radio is very manipulable 

Jaspurr

There are people that still use the callouts card when you claim radio is totally corrupted. This goes to further prove that.

8 hours ago, Khamis said:

I mean a lot of songs go #1 on Pop and don’t even go Top 10. 

Not really, it’s quite a short list however is becoming more frequent (My Oh My, Break My Heart for example) 

This is payola but a song with 15 remixes and discounts that debuts at 1, crashes to 40 and peaks at 16 on radio is organic ??

Miss Americana
22 minutes ago, Rv1709 said:

This is payola but a song with 15 remixes and discounts that debuts at 1, crashes to 40 and peaks at 16 on radio is organic ??

See how Billie is at the bottom of the barrel of top 40 radio callouts...

Her going #1 on pop with this ****ty callouts is VERY fishy.

BTW willow rose 8% on pop and still pop radio is refusing to play it

AC and HAC are singlehandedly keeping it stable.

Please educate yourself before making such stupid claims.

KetysandGagsSon
1 hour ago, Miss Americana said:

See how Billie is at the bottom of the barrel of top 40 radio callouts...

Her going #1 on pop with this ****ty callouts is VERY fishy.

BTW willow rose 8% on pop and still pop radio is refusing to play it

AC and HAC are singlehandedly keeping it stable.

Please educate yourself before making such stupid claims.

Great call-outs for Willow, yet TANKING on Spotify and Shazam that radio stations look when deciding weekly changes, looks like you need to educate yourself first. The streams of Willow are abysmal for a Dec.11tg released song. Therefore I Am is edging 400m streams on Spotify.

C6TeBy5.gif

Edited by KetysandGagsSon
11 hours ago, KetysandGagsSon said:

Billie with an Adele-like album chart run doesn’t use payola.  These are mostly used by singles artists.
C6TeBy5.gif

Well if this single was successful she’d have a new album out by now. Seems like Interscope isn’t happy maybe they should just re-release WWYAJSYSHH with all her flop droplets so she can top Dua :coffee2:

this song is so old :rip: 

i had no idea it was still fighting in the US 

KetysandGagsSon
4 minutes ago, gatito said:

Well if this single was successful she’d have a new album out by now. Seems like Interscope isn’t happy maybe they should just re-release WWYAJSYSHH with all her flop droplets so she can top Dua :coffee2:

Billie is not your top40 Ariana girl needing a hit to sell an album, last time I checked her debut album had no top10 hits when it dropped.

C6TeBy5.gif

Billionaire
14 hours ago, bad guy said:

Because it’s a solid hit that’s been in the Top 20 for like 3 months straight before it was even #1 on pop radio.

It also sold 100k pure sales and is gonna surpass 400M streams soon so to say it’s a “payola” hit is funny since radio’s always been her weakest format.

ATRL being confused is nothing new since most members are 40+

C6TeBy5.gif

:cm:

Mr. Duff

I am not into Therefore I Am that much but it's still a good song.

Everything I Wanted is still the bets song she ever recorded - I wish she could release an album more on that vein. Love how ethereal it is and at the same time so emotional.

Miss Americana

12 hours ago, KetysandGagsSon said:

Great call-outs for Willow, yet TANKING on Spotify and Shazam that radio stations look when deciding weekly changes, looks like you need to educate yourself first. The streams of Willow are abysmal for a Dec.11tg released song. Therefore I Am is edging 400m streams on Spotify.

C6TeBy5.gif

We've moved past willow..

It did its job and helped evermore move more units than Chromatica.

We're in the Fearless(TV) era now.

Keep up.

Hope you'll be here for the spotify and AM obliteration of the rerecorded songs.

Wonder how long Fearless(TV) will take to pass Chromatica's one year sales. 5 weeks?

C6TeBy5.gif

KetysandGagsSon
1 minute ago, Miss Americana said:

We've moved past willow..

It did its job and helped evermore move more units than Chromatica.

We're in the Fearless(TV) era now.

Keep up.

Hope you'll be here for the spotify and AM obliteration of the rerecorded songs.

Wonder how long Fearless(TV) will take to pass Chromatica's one year sales. 5 weeks?

C6TeBy5.gif

I am not gonna entertain these off-topic stuff and if you want to drag Billie Eilish, check first where her album and EP are on BB200, she doesn’t need radio, radio needs her.

C6TeBy5.gif

idleavealone
17 minutes ago, gatito said:

she's coming, don't you worry about it :cm:  great art takes time, billie isn't a quick single and album type artist, that's been clear for a long time