Post the worst thing your fav has ever recorded

selena_lavigne

4 hours ago, Gagaretha said:

Hmmm

Before Your Love is totally the sound she used on MOL. The title track, Move You, Heat etc. Not every soulfoul song is a sad post breakup like TTWLI. She tried soul pop again with MOL after Adele made it popular again. She was forced to do the Avril Lavigne Katy Perry sound for years because her first album flopped minus the Aguilera leftover. 

I never understood all of the outrage surrounding this situation when Kelly herself had no problem with Ryan recycling Leona Lewis' smash hit Bleeding Love for Already Gone :rip:

Ehhh, I guess we will agree to disagree.  I hear more The Trouble With Love Is, What's Up Lonely, Thankful kind of soulfulness on MOL.  I don't get "soul" at all from Before Your Love.

Thankful did fine.  Miss Independent was a hit single, and sure the other singles flopped, but the album did fine.  Everything was sounding more "rock" tinged on tour, so she wanted to go more Pop/Rock for the next album.  Her label obviously saw that it worked, so they were afraid to let her step outside of that.  That said, Meaning of Life is an album she has said she wanted to make for years, like since she was in junior high.  And finally could once she got to a new label who was open to letting her do whatever.  Adele didn't really have anything to do with it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leigh

• MissedTheTrain

• Gagaretha

• yonsé

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ab1818 said:

Thankful wasn’t a flop though? She purposely wanted to do the pop-rock sound for the second album and MD and wanted to do country and pop soul album, but RCA said no. Also, Katy wasn’t around then?? Not sure what your point is. BL and AG sound nothing alike lol.

No she didn't lmao. She said they forced her to tone down her voice when she recorded her second album and she hated that. And AG sounds just like BL please, literally every Ryan Tedder sounds the same. 

1 hour ago, MissedTheTrain said:

Ehhh, I guess we will agree to disagree.  I hear more The Trouble With Love Is, What's Up Lonely, Thankful kind of soulfulness on MOL.  I don't get "soul" at all from Before Your Love.

Thankful did fine.  Miss Independent was a hit single, and sure the other singles flopped, but the album did fine.  Everything was sounding more "rock" tinged on tour, so she wanted to go more Pop/Rock for the next album.  Her label obviously saw that it worked, so they were afraid to let her step outside of that.  That said, Meaning of Life is an album she has said she wanted to make for years, like since she was in junior high.  And finally could once she got to a new label who was open to letting her do whatever.  Adele didn't really have anything to do with it.

How does TTWLI sound like anything on MOL :rip: she literally had no control of her lower register whatsoever on that song, the opposite of now. BYL has the real soulful moments 

28 minutes ago, Gagaretha said:

No she didn't lmao. She said they forced her to tone down her voice when she recorded her second album and she hated that. And AG sounds just like BL please, literally every Ryan Tedder sounds the same. 

What? She wanted the pop rock sound though, especially for Breakaway. Kelly has said that manyyyy times. :dies: That’s why My December is even more of a rock album and was a big controversy back then. Clive wanted her to have the “pop hits” and ballads, but she wanted the harder sound. Not sure where you’re getting your information from. :biblio: 

Eh not really. Maybe a tiiiiiny bit, but BL is definitely not as similar like AG and Halo are. Those two have the same instrumentation and start with “remember”...  💀 

And right before MOL came out, she said it sounded a bit like TTWLI so...  (which I agree, TTWLI could definitely fit there) 

Edited by Ab1818
Underclass King
1 hour ago, OldSoul said:

:rip:

Not you posting "Fly" when this iconic cover exists...

Edited by Underclass King
On 4/7/2021 at 7:06 PM, Cockney Cupcake said:

This mix is better 

Only for when you’re High af with a blue light/Lazer show at an underground club 

Came here to post this.....  the sound in general, the way she has literally never acknowledged that this exists, the lyrics being about getting... anyway.... in your face, the Ricsta guy being white but having all of the song titles and his label name based on Chinese food, the way that the Kung Po Dub mix sounds exactly like Sims 2 Nightlife loading music :bibliahh:

Ngl though yeah the Crispy Aromatic Funk mix is a vibe when you're reallyyyyyy drunk.

Edited by daydreams