eminem is the king of rap. why?

• #FreeBritney Activist
16 hours ago, sickening said:

that ***** raps in cursive, aint no way 

:ahh:

15 hours ago, Leigh said:

How do you not know this song :rip: 

Yea :rip: doubt a person who cant differentiate Lil Nas from Nas, knows an old rap feud song (even if it's a classic in the rap scene)

15 hours ago, Ferret said:

I just listened to it. Never heard it in my whole life and I’m the kind of person who listens to all genres. I swear :rip: well thanks for enlighten me 

Tbh u may have heard of him

he had really nice classics in his time, respected a Lot

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rap God

• sickening

• Nemo

• Yuanyu

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

If you can acknowledge this here, then you have to acknowledge the likely reason for that...his race. 

Because he is white is the answer to the question of this thread. That’s not to take away from his skill, but him being white and coming in at the time he did was the perfect storm. Hip hop was already crossing over and a white dude with blonde hair making hip-pop (his music is insanely more pop leaning than his late 90’s contemporaries) was going to 100% work in the MTV era. 

You lost me when you said "his music is insanely more pop learning than his late 90's contemporaries',  his debut album is a horrorcore hip hop album :duca:

47 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

You lost me when you said "his music is insanely more pop learning than his late 90's contemporaries',  his debut album is a horrorcore hip hop album :duca:

Compared to Vol 2.. and It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot, The Slim Shady LP is insanely more pop leaning. I mean just look at the lead singles...

Rap God
2 hours ago, Ari29 said:

In my post you quoted I acknowledged his race, skill and the fact he makes poppy rap music as factors for his success. His style of music is very...white. I don’t know how else to describe it but “My Name Is..” is much more easily accessible to people outside of hip hop (whites, non-Americans, ect.) than “Can I Get A” or “Get At Me Dog”.

And to answer your question, no not necessarily. Em came at the right time, with the right marketing. Which I have to give him credit for because he never tried to be anything other than a white guy from the Midwest that rapped. I’m not one of those people that calls him a cultural appropriator because he’s not.

You also said him being white is the answer to the question of this thread, so I disagree with your answer to the question to the thread. 

There were white rappers before and after Em that did poppy rap music and didn't last though. I wouldn't even say that  Eminem's early hits were "poppy rap" because my idea of poppy rap is Can't Touch This, Ice Ice Baby, Right Round, My Humps, etc and Eminem's early hits doesn't give me that vibe, but let said it poppy rap, it was poppy rap with a edge because the beat by Dr.Dre, the lyricism of Eminem and the controversial things he said on those "poppy rap" about the pop stars in pop culture which was SMART because he got the pop culture audience to pay attention to his music and even got a great amount of people from pop culture to be more into Hip-Hop. Plus Eminem's "poppy" music like My Name Is, Without Me and The Real Slim Shady is more respected in Hip-Hop culture than most other known "poppy rap " songs. Yes there were some people in the community didn't mess with the songs because they feel like it wasn't relatable (but at least they respect the lyricism of the songs though), but there were an audience in the black community that did though especially black kids in that time period because there are mutiple of black artists right now who were kids in that time period, that mentioned him as one of the artist that inspired/influenced them. Frank Ocean even said in an interview that EMINEM is the one that got him into Hip-Hop. You called music style "white" but his music reached more than just white people which most other white rappers can't say the same. 

Edited by Rap God
2 hours ago, Ari29 said:

Compared to Vol 2.. and It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot, The Slim Shady LP is insanely more pop leaning. I mean just look at the lead singles...

Just Don't Give a F*ck was the first single of SSLP not my name is. And in any case, I don’t consider my name is a pop song, it has a catchy beat no doubt, but it’s not pop.

And I’m sure that Jay and DMX have pop songs like '97 Bonnie & Clyde and Guilty Conscience in their debut albums.

Make it make sense