eminem is the king of rap. why?

jdmc219

BECAUSE HE'S WHITE.

Yes I am saying it it, cuz it's TRUTH & FACTS. Are you kidding me?

Even so, he still ain't no king of rap. Not in music history.

NpeSo9r.png

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rap God

• sickening

• Ferret

• Nemo

Top Posters In This Topic

• #FreeBritney Activist

I dont understand some of yalls comments

he for sure is the King of Rap at this point

sure, Biggie and pac hold the title too..but Eminem lasted long enough to truly be remembered as It KOR

But there Is a part of his success that gets its success because he is white
I think it was right timing in sort tbh..Rap was just becoming to go big mainstream..we already had a viral act with Vanilla Ice

but he didn't have street cred or the respect to keep him running..because he was a Rapper after all..audiences will listen to your song because it's fun..but how many of those singles can u make? The albums will be for sure trashed by the critics (as they were) and the demographic that u were aiming at, wasn't evolved enough to like rap music as much (and the demographic that rap was originally mainly aimed at, doesn't like yo ass)

Eminem however, had a rap veteran behind his back..and he Knew how to rap

He wasn't a one trick pony too..sure he had his Slim Shady persona (which is close to what Vanilla did), but he also gained the respect of his rap peers and the rap demographic as a whole with his lyricism,serious topics and understanding of the situation of what rappers (and the demographic that listens to them) go thru (since he also went thru that lol)

Rap fans usually rock with you hard..when they start liking u..he even gave way to the white rap fans, which made him even stronger

and u just KNOW u have that hetero male support when they support you thru so many disgusting things that he have said (and still do (for both of those))

Plus he really went into the pop culture..a white rapper during the TRL era? Perfect.

The disses he had towards celebrities, were also something pretty big...the diss towards MJ? Rappers didn't diss him..(mostly (and prolly mainly) because he was their hero, black music culture after all) from then on..he just played the game and attacked everything for controversy...gays? they didn't have the support they have today..ppl used the F word pretty frequently back then.

Then with the bubblegum pop names coming in huge (and ofc getting obnoxious with every rising second right after the 00s came to be), he was just playing on what ppl were feeling..so the attacks towards them was pretty spot on (I mean, that's how the Anti-Britney's came to be too lol, the whole movement shifting against them)

So yea..he got the respect of the black community,support of the white fanboys,talked what a Lot of the GP thought,had a super producer, the era he was in..

I mean..not every white artist could've done that for sure..but his race played a part of it (again).

Still, he had skill and a Lot of rappers can't touch him on that.

After that?
I am surprised he didn't disappeared when MJ tried to get him off the radio..he actually had only 1 song banned I think?
So I guess not that surprising?

But he even became a bit of a joke and corny during the encore era? A bit of a sell-out?

He became serious after that and it was a pretty good choice honestly..it worked out for him. Then started the Rihanna collabs, which slayed (tbh off topic but I feel every artists from that era goes thru smash records with remixes or collabs after their 10th era or something :dies: )
And he continued to slay with his sales after that..which isn't as surprising since Rap took over again in the 10s...streaming especially is really Rap-based in the US

Surprised he still isn't cancelled thru so many controversies..especially now.  (not that that is a good thing tho, dont get me wrong here)

I mean..I dont like his antics and what he has said..guess it was a way to gain more fame and talks with it

but he really proved himself..his lyricism and evolution
Props to him

My opinion, he is too overrated

He deffo should get success, but a lot of other acts did a lot of stuff like him and didn't get nearly as much as he did.

But the industry has always been broken like that unfortunately..

Blue Honeymoon

Because he is the most successful rapper ever by really far and has tons of critical acclaim to back it up.

Bacardo Royale

Crazy talent. There are several Kings though 

It's  also quite ironic that the biggest hip hop artist of all time is white, I don't know if anyone saw a phenomenon like Eminem coming especially after Vanilla Ice. I guess that's why he compares himself to Elvis :dies:

Armani👑

#1 He's White

#2 He's Talented 

#3 He Put In the Work 

#4 He has Street Cred

Ocboy85
1 hour ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Marshall hates when people try to label him that. He has said multiple times that he would never call himself King of rap. He is however the most successful, Longest Lasting Mainstream rapper who is consistent at pushing his pen. Most notable lyricist don’t have half the catalogue or longevity. Nearly 50 and he is still out rapping his competition. Hiphop legends, top tier MC’s and Veteran Battle rappers still acknowledged it. Arguably the best 3 album Run in Rap history and has Generation-defining hit singles. 20 years later and his craft has only gotten better. 
Rap God is actually his response to this topic, and how he pokes fun at the thought of everyone calling themselves king of this or that. 

Jay is mainstream too and was here before Em and last I check Jay hasn't retired. 

Jay been doing this every since 1995, for over 25 yrs.  

Every album he's released went Platinum or more!  Jay is HIP HOP, majority of rappers today are working for Jay.

Jay is the TRUE KING of Hip-Hop 🤷🏾‍♂️

Ocboy85
50 minutes ago, jdmc219 said:

BECAUSE HE'S WHITE.

Yes I am saying it it, cuz it's TRUTH & FACTS. Are you kidding me?

NpeSo9r.png

They don't get. 

Rap God

He's a king because everybody all around the world love and adores Eminem. He is one of the MAIN reasons why Hip-Hop is such a big genre today because many people got introduce to Hip-Hop through him. I rather called him Rap God though, because it fits perfectly for him and of course it's one of his hit song. 

Thank for the shout out @Nemo

CaptainMusic
1 hour ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Because he is the most successful rapper ever by really far and has tons of critical acclaim to back it up.

He does not have tons of critical acclaim, only his first 3 albums are acclaimed.

Everything he’s released since has mediocre to terrible reviews. :skull: 

-
He’s A King of Rap but not THE King of Rap because his discography is not good enough and he’s as successful as he is because he’s white, Eminem himself has rightly said this.

1 hour ago, Ocboy85 said:

Jay is mainstream too and was here before Em and last I check Jay hasn't retired. 

Jay been doing this every since 1995, for over 25 yrs.  

Every album he's released went Platinum or more!  Jay is HIP HOP, majority of rappers today are working for Jay.

Jay is the TRUE KING of Hip-Hop 🤷🏾‍♂️

As far as I know he bought his last platinum plaque. 

2 hours ago, Stankonia said:

Most of his discography is complete trash :ahh:

this lie lmao

mx9YNDL.gif

Rap God
34 minutes ago, Ocboy85 said:

They don't get. 

Yall don't get that its other white rappers who don't have close enough success or longevity that Eminem had, so it more than him just being white.  That like saying Mariah Carey is only successful than Janet, Whitney and other all black R&B/Pop female singers because she's white passing. :coffee2:

Edited by Rap God

michael buble is still alive 

Rap God
15 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

He’s A King of Rap but not THE King of Rap because his discography is not good enough and he’s as successful as he is because he’s white, Eminem himself has rightly said this.

Eminem also said why don't other white rappers sell like him in 2018 and his discography ain't good enough to you or to other, but it good enough to be listed in many people top 5. And poor other white rappers that haven't reach the same success and longevity. I mean sadly Mac Miller had to died to get his first platinum album which suck because he's a talented rapper. 

Edited by Rap God
Rap God
2 hours ago, Shinning said:

The King of Rap will NEVER be a white dude

I'm pretty sure Eminem rather be a RAP GOD than a KING anyway, so it not that serious sis. :coffee2:

RAP GOD > King of Rap   

Rap God
2 hours ago, jdmc219 said:

NpeSo9r.png

He the RAP GOD and that title is so much better than the King of Rap anyway.

Why be a King when you can be the GOD of Rap? 

Happy Robert Redford GIF

jdmc219
15 minutes ago, Rap God said:

He the RAP GOD and that title is so much better than the King of Rap anyway.

Why be a King when you can be the GOD of Rap? 

Happy Robert Redford GIF

8qZ0lA6.png

I've seen it all.

Rap God

2 minutes ago, jdmc219 said:

8qZ0lA6.png

I've seen it all.

Rakim passed the torch to Eminem anyway. 

Comments Popcorn GIF by HyperX

TaggedGalaxy
3 hours ago, Billionaire said:

Not when people like Biggie, Nas, 2pac exist.

:cm:

Biggie and 2pac don’t exist anymore though :pancake:

TaggedGalaxy
3 hours ago, Billionaire said:

Not when people like Biggie, Nas, 2pac exist.

:cm:

Biggie and 2pac don’t exist anymore though :pancake:

Apocrypha

He's white and incels resonate with his lyrics about hurting women