eminem is the king of rap. why?

Nemo

there are many male rap legends, as it's a male-dominated genre. but none have come close to the globality and heights of success as eminem (fun fact: he is the highest-selling artist to debut after madonna @Rap God). why is this? and i don't want to hear that it's because he's white.

mx9YNDL.gif

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rap God

• sickening

• jdmc219

• Ferret

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, IWantASoda35 said:

because he's yt and his music cater towards kids who call their mom a b!tch :sorry:

Well, how many white rappers have reached 1/10 of his success? I'm just curious. :sorry:

OT: I don't know. His first three albums where amazing, but went downhill from there. 

Marshall hates when people try to label him that. He has said multiple times that he would never call himself King of rap. He is however the most successful, Longest Lasting Mainstream rapper who is consistent at pushing his pen. Most notable lyricist don’t have half the catalogue or longevity. Nearly 50 and he is still out rapping his competition. Hiphop legends, top tier MC’s and Veteran Battle rappers still acknowledged it. Arguably the best 3 album Run in Rap history and has Generation-defining hit singles. 20 years later and his craft has only gotten better. 
Rap God is actually his response to this topic, and how he pokes fun at the thought of everyone calling themselves king of this or that. 

16 minutes ago, IWantASoda35 said:

because he's yt and his music cater towards kids who call their mom a b!tch :sorry:

and punch holes in their walls, drink monster, and started smoking cigarettes at 11 

1 minute ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Marshall hates when people try to label him that. He has said multiple times that he would never call himself King of rap. He is however the most successful, Longest Lasting Mainstream rapper who is consistent at pushing his pen. Most notable lyricist don’t have half the catalogue or longevity. Nearly 50 and he is still out rapping his competition. Hiphop legends, top tier MC’s and Veteran Battle rappers still acknowledged it. Arguably the best 3 album Run in Rap history and has Generation-defining hit singles. 20 years later and his craft has only gotten better. 
Rap God is actually his response to this topic, and how he pokes fun at the thought of everyone calling themselves king of this or that. 

I know ATRL likes sucking dick but take a second to breathe

He’s the most successful but he’s not the “king of rap” :deadbanana4:

That’s Kendrick (or at least it will be with his next album). The only other options are André 3000, Jay-Z, or Nas.

I would say Eminem is in the lower half of the top 10 skill+discography wise, which is still great.

7 minutes ago, sickening said:

he's not. that would be Nas

//𝓜𝓙//𝓙𝓪𝓷𝓮𝓽//𝓖𝓪𝓰𝓪//𝓜𝓪𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓷𝓪//𝓑𝓮𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓬𝓮//𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓫𝓪𝓭𝓸𝓸𝓫𝓮𝓮// 𝓽.𝓐.𝓽.𝓾//

𝓕𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓴 𝓞𝓬𝓮𝓪𝓷// 𝓣𝔂𝓵𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓸𝓻//𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓞𝓸𝔃𝓮𝓼//

𝓑𝓲𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓲 𝓚𝓲𝓵𝓵//𝓑𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓜𝓸𝓫𝓲𝓵𝓮//
𝓑𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓷𝓮𝔂//

4 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

Not when people like Biggie, Nas, 2pac exist.

:cm:

𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕒𝕙 𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕪 | 𝕣𝕚𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒 | 𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕒 𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕖 | 𝕓𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕖 𝕖𝕚𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕙 | 𝔹𝕃𝔸ℂ𝕂ℙ𝕀ℕ𝕂 | 𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕒 𝕤𝕒𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕒𝕞𝕒 | 𝕀𝕌 

:rip:

Just now, bayonse said:

𝓑𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓷𝓮𝔂//

𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕒𝕙 𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕪 | 𝕣𝕚𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒 | 𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕒 𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕖 | 𝕓𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕖 𝕖𝕚𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕙 | 𝔹𝕃𝔸ℂ𝕂ℙ𝕀ℕ𝕂 | 𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕒 𝕤𝕒𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕒𝕞𝕒 | 𝕀𝕌 

do you even know the artists in my sig? that's not even all of who I stan :rip: 

2 minutes ago, bayonse said:

𝓑𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓷𝓮𝔂//

ATRLers stay on topic challenge failed; again. Almost everyone in this thread is saying the same thing, you tried it.

:ahh:

Edited by Billionaire
12 minutes ago, Chaos Angel said:

He’s the most successful but he’s not the “king of rap” :deadbanana4:

That’s Kendrick (or at least it will be with his next album). The only other options are André 3000, Jay-Z, or Nas.

I would say Eminem is in the lower half of the top 10 skill+discography wise, which is still great.

the André 3000 mention :jonny6:

OT: he's not. 

Why people make threads not knowing anything about the discussed topics? :rip:

Lil Wayne is the rightful king, he has the credibility from both sides. Nas is coming second (very close). 

29 minutes ago, Music2002 said:

Well, how many white rappers have reached 1/10 of his success? I'm just curious. :sorry:

OT: I don't know. His first three albums where amazing, but went downhill from there. 

If you take into account that he's the only white rapper with a multi platinum album in US since 1999 the "only because is white" excuse is funny.