eminem is the king of rap. why?

there are many male rap legends, as it's a male-dominated genre. but none have come close to the globality and heights of success as eminem (fun fact: he is the highest-selling artist to debut after madonna @Rap God). why is this? and i don't want to hear that it's because he's white.

ย 

mx9YNDL.gif

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rap God

• sickening

• Ferret

• Nemo

Top Posters In This Topic

IWantASoda35

because he's yt and his music caterย towards kids who callย their momย a b!tchย :sorry:

• #FreeBritney Activist

Because โ€˜97 Bonnie And Clyde is one of the best songs ever made.

Music2002
4 minutes ago, IWantASoda35 said:

because he's yt and his music caterย towards kids who callย their momย a b!tchย :sorry:

Well, how many white rappers have reached 1/10 of his success? I'm just curious.ย :sorry:

ย 

OT: I don't know. His first three albums where amazing, but went downhill from there.ย 

mellenthin

Because he's one of the few rappers who truly breathes rap. His craft is literally the only thing he thinks about

ย 

A king

sickening

he's not. that would be Nas

Gorjesspazze9

Marshallย hates when people try to label him that. He has said multiple times that he would never call himself King of rap. He is however the most successful, Longest Lasting Mainstream rapper who is consistent at pushing his pen. Most notable lyricist donโ€™t have half the catalogue or longevity. Nearly 50 and he is still out rapping his competition.ย Hiphop legends, top tier MCโ€™s and Veteranย Battle rappers still acknowledged it. Arguably the best 3 album Run in Rap history andย has Generation-defining hit singles. 20 years later and his craft has only gotten better.ย 
Rap God is actually his response to this topic, and how he pokes fun at the thought of everyone calling themselves king of this or that.ย 

sickening
16 minutes ago, IWantASoda35 said:

and punch holes in their walls, drink monster, and started smoking cigarettes at 11ย 

Billionaire

Not when people like Biggie, Nas, 2pac exist.

2 minutes ago, sickening said:

:cm:

sickening
1 minute ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Marshallย hates when people try to label him that. He has said multiple times that he would never call himself King of rap. He is however the most successful, Longest Lasting Mainstream rapper who is consistent at pushing his pen. Most notable lyricist donโ€™t have half the catalogue or longevity. Nearly 50 and he is still out rapping his competition.ย Hiphop legends, top tier MCโ€™s and Veteranย Battle rappers still acknowledged it. Arguably the best 3 album Run in Rap history andย has Generation-defining hit singles. 20 years later and his craft has only gotten better.ย 
Rap God is actually his response to this topic, and how he pokes fun at the thought of everyone calling themselves king of this or that.ย 

I know ATRL likes sucking dick but take a second to breathe

Chaos Angel

Heโ€™s the most successful but heโ€™s not the โ€œking of rapโ€ย :deadbanana4:

ย 

Thatโ€™sย Kendrick (or at least it will be with his next album). The only other options are Andrรฉย 3000, Jay-Z, or Nas.

ย 

I would say Eminem is in the lower half of the top 10ย skill+discography wise, whichย is still great.

bayonse
7 minutes ago, sickening said:

//๐“œ๐“™//๐“™๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ฝ//๐“–๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ช//๐“œ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ท๐“ช//๐“‘๐“ฎ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ//๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ซ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ//ย ๐“ฝ.๐“.๐“ฝ.๐“พ//

๐“•๐“ป๐“ช๐“ท๐“ด ๐“ž๐“ฌ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ท//ย ๐“ฃ๐”‚๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“’๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ป//๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ž๐“ธ๐”ƒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ//

๐“‘๐“ฒ๐“ด๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฒ ๐“š๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต//๐“‘๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“œ๐“ธ๐“ซ๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ฎ//
๐“‘๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ท๐“ฎ๐”‚//

ย 

4 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

Not when people like Biggie, Nas, 2pac exist.

:cm:

๐•ž๐•’๐•ฃ๐•š๐•’๐•™ ๐•”๐•’๐•ฃ๐•–๐•ช | ๐•ฃ๐•š๐•™๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•Ÿ๐•’ |ย ๐•’๐•ฃ๐•š๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•’ ๐•˜๐•ฃ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐••๐•–ย |ย ๐•“๐•š๐•๐•๐•š๐•– ๐•–๐•š๐•๐•š๐•ค๐•™ย |ย ๐”น๐•ƒ๐”ธโ„‚๐•‚โ„™๐•€โ„•๐•‚ย | ๐•ฃ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•’ ๐•ค๐•’๐•จ๐•’๐•ช๐•’๐•ž๐•’ |ย ๐•€๐•Œย 

ย 

ย 

:rip:

ย 

sickening
Just now, bayonse said:

//๐“œ๐“™//๐“™๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฎ๐“ฝ//๐“–๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ช//๐“œ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ท๐“ช//๐“‘๐“ฎ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ//๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ซ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ//ย ๐“ฝ.๐“.๐“ฝ.๐“พ//

๐“•๐“ป๐“ช๐“ท๐“ด ๐“ž๐“ฌ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ท//ย ๐“ฃ๐”‚๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“’๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ป//๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ž๐“ธ๐”ƒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ//

๐“‘๐“ฒ๐“ด๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฒ ๐“š๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต//๐“‘๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“œ๐“ธ๐“ซ๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ฎ//

ย 

๐•ž๐•’๐•ฃ๐•š๐•’๐•™ ๐•”๐•’๐•ฃ๐•–๐•ช | ๐•ฃ๐•š๐•™๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•Ÿ๐•’ |ย ๐•’๐•ฃ๐•š๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•’ ๐•˜๐•ฃ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐••๐•–ย |ย ๐•“๐•š๐•๐•๐•š๐•– ๐•–๐•š๐•๐•š๐•ค๐•™ย |ย ๐”น๐•ƒ๐”ธโ„‚๐•‚โ„™๐•€โ„•๐•‚ย | ๐•ฃ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•’ ๐•ค๐•’๐•จ๐•’๐•ช๐•’๐•ž๐•’ |ย ๐•€๐•Œย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

do you even know the artists in my sig? that's not even all of who I stan :rip:ย 

I wouldย say heโ€™s A King of rap. Lil Wayne, Jay Z, Nas, Biggie and Kendrick (if not now inย the near future)ย are Kings tooย :coffee2:

Edited by tde
Billionaire
2 minutes ago, bayonse said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ATRLers stay on topic challenge failed; again. Almost everyone in this thread is saying the same thing, you tried it.

:ahh:

Edited by Billionaire
mxoonlight
12 minutes ago, Ryuuchan_X said:

Because of white supremacyย 

ย 

diogozsz
12 minutes ago, Chaos Angel said:

Heโ€™s the most successful but heโ€™s not the โ€œking of rapโ€ย :deadbanana4:

ย 

Thatโ€™sย Kendrick (or at least it will be with his next album). The only other options are Andrรฉย 3000, Jay-Z, or Nas.

ย 

I would say Eminem is in the lower half of the top 10ย skill+discography wise, whichย is still great.

the Andrรฉ 3000 mentionย :jonny6:

ย 

OT: he's not.ย 

Why people make threads not knowing anything about the discussed topics?ย :rip:

ย 

Lil Wayne is the rightful king, he has the credibility from both sides. Nas is coming second (very close).ย 

29 minutes ago, Music2002 said:

Well, how many white rappers have reached 1/10 of his success? I'm just curious.ย :sorry:

ย 

OT: I don't know. His first three albums where amazing, but went downhill from there.ย 

If you take into account that he's the only white rapper with a multi platinum album in US since 1999 the "only because is white" excuse is funny.ย 

So close that would be Lil Wayne! ๐Ÿ’•But I think you have to acknowledge he's a top tenner. Like him or not

ร—
ร—