Jump to content

Pink officially signs on for Vegas Residency


Recommended Posts

Katamari
26 minutes ago, Pinksus said:

I understand and agree with the fact that Britney marked the beginning of TRL generation at Vegas but acting like she setted a trend when way bigger acts were already there is beyond delusional

 

I mean... "Where pop careers went to die" girl Celine went there right after selling 100 million albums in just 5 years meanwhile Britney wasn't able to stay at BB200 top 10 for more than 2 weeks :rip:

:rip: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Squall

    8

  • Pinksus

    6

  • XtinaStripped

    6

  • Rev8

    4

XtinaStripped
1 hour ago, Pinksus said:

Here's the point

 

Why 2013's Britney wasn't a legacy act but Celine was?

 

She had one of the best selling albums at that moment and ANDHC outcharted Work Bitch

 

It's contradictory

Celine transitioned to legacy act somewhere around “One Heart”. I mean.. I just don’t know what to tell you.

 

Anyways... Not here to argue about Celine. My point is Britney is the reason people like P!nk are coming to Vegas right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
dirrtydiana
4 hours ago, Pinksus said:

Career suicide when the biggest residency is from that period? :rip:

 

Shania Twain was doing great too way before Britney signed that deal

first Celine, now Shania. These acts are not Britney’s peers much less anyone’s peers of anyone after Britney. Make it make sense. I- us-
 

3 hours ago, Squall said:

Not you thinking everyone decided it was cool only when Britney did it :dies: 

it’s not me who thinks it sweetie. It’s the major acts who followed Britney who do :mandown:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Britney being the first of her generation to go to Vegas =/= her popularizing Vegas for her generation or changing its image. Britney has had no big albums post-Vegas so for all intents and purposes she kinda is a legacy act (which is not a bad thing). It’d be one thing if Britney did her residency and then managed to do another full fledged era, but that’s not what happened. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Larissa Macedo
6 hours ago, Pinksus said:

I understand and agree with the fact that Britney marked the beginning of TRL generation at Vegas but acting like she setted a trend when way bigger acts were already there is beyond delusional

 

I mean... "Where pop careers went to die" girl Celine went there right after selling 100 million albums in just 5 years meanwhile Britney wasn't able to stay at BB200 top 10 for more than 2 weeks :rip:

Ppl saying that she started a trend when the fact is that her career just was the first one to die...

 

Femme fatale tour was the most embarassing thing the pop wolrd has ever seen. Now compare this to any celine tour or to the beautiful Trauma wolrd tour 💀

 

I would love if this news is a lie. P!nk could easily outsold stick and sweet wit the next one wolrd tour.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rotunda said:

Britney being the first of her generation to go to Vegas =/= her popularizing Vegas for her generation or changing its image. Britney has had no big albums post-Vegas so for all intents and purposes she kinda is a legacy act (which is not a bad thing). It’d be one thing if Britney did her residency and then managed to do another full fledged era, but that’s not what happened. 
 

 

That's what they don't get :toofunny3:

By the time she began her residency she was already seen as a legacy act.

 

Totally different situations with Bruno Mars and Gaga who were having huge eras during their residencies.

 

 

 

4 hours ago, Larissa Macedo said:

Ppl saying that she started a trend when the fact is that her career just was the first one to die...

 

Femme fatale tour was the most embarassing thing the pop wolrd has ever seen. Now compare this to any celine tour or to the beautiful Trauma wolrd tour 💀

 

 

 :cm:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why? Her touring stats are more impressive than ever. And I don’t know why people using Covid as a reason for this. It’s not as if she’ll be delivering the residency virtually. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rev8 said:

 

I can leave the 2nd user alone, since he at least admits for Britney setting a trend in Vegas

but U Truly live in a world of your own :ahh: Not us

 

 

 

Publications and Artists themselves have stated of Britney's influence on Vegas:toofunny3:

Doubt that ATRL User Squall, is more trusted than Respected publications like Billboard,Forbes,The Guardian,Independent etc. :michael:

 

And at the end of the day, residencies that happened before hers were more successful and she already was a legacy act by the time she started her own residency... but yeah she made it so COOL!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

P!nk rejected a Vegas residency back in 2013, just like she rejected the VMA kiss performance with Madonna, the SuperBowl multiple times, all the judging gigs including American Idol, X Factor and The Voice. 
 

She’s always the first choice but does things on her own terms. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
6 hours ago, Squall said:

And at the end of the day, residencies that happened before hers were more successful and she already was a legacy act by the time she started her own residency... but yeah she made it so COOL!!!!

Аnd hers was top 5 most successful residencies ever, and is the most from all of the people that started after hers - even tho shows are much more profitable since then :fan:

Stay mad :foxaylove2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Аnd hers was top 5 most successful residencies ever, and is the most from all of the people that started after hers - even tho shows are much more profitable since then :fan:

Stay mad :foxaylove2:

All artists didn’t perform the same amount of shows, are you taking it into account?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rico Shameless v2

#ThankYouBritney

You can go read the Forbes or other publications talking about it. No need to argue!

 

This will be good for her P!nk. Less pressure on really performing well commercially and she can do her bundles at the show and still make the profit. And all the acrobatics she can imagine in one setting. Wishing her well, will likely be expensive so big grosses.

 

A shame for her AUS fans though, I could imagine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rico Shameless v2
36 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Аnd hers was top 5 most successful residencies ever, and is the most from all of the people that started after hers - even tho shows are much more profitable since then :fan:

Stay mad :foxaylove2:

Do not give her the time :dies:  They clearly understand Britney impacted modern Vegas residencies, playing dumb is ATRL’s crack. With her chart numbers, without this possibility it would not even be an option.

Edited by Rico Shameless v2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist

 

1 minute ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Do not give her the time :dies:  They clearly understand Britney impacted modern Vegas residencies, playing dumb is ATRL’s crack.

Tbh u are right, I just like playing with dense people. especially with dumb excuses lol

 

 

ot: Britney's Impact!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Pink will be able to earn $1M+ per 5k attendance like Enigma, the most successful Vegas residency, did.

Gaga outgrossed with her theatre show some girls whole american leg arena tours :rip:

Her show was so in demand and sold out that people were paying even 10k for a ticket on second market. It was about time finally another talented woman like Pink joined her.

EO-cBDfX4AAfCJ0?format=jpg

EO-cAJ-WsAE9vjG?format=jpgEO-cBs8X0AA5y0l?format=jpg

 

Wait, now that I checked the numbers Enigma earned even more per show :rip:

"In 2019, Enigma grossed $53,868,719 million for an average of $1,584,374 per concert"

 

Yeah only Pink can come close to these numbers.

Edited by Jola
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist

Britney popularized Vegas and absolutety changed the game for residencies, yes the hell she did.

 

Of course stans of her peers who got outsold by her (Pink, Bey, etc) don’t wanna admit it and would rather give the props to Celine instead:mrpeanut:

 

I just find it interesting that only a handful of huge artists had a Vegas residency pre-Britney up until 2014 but post-Britney there have been like 50. Hmmm:mandown:

 

OT: Great on Pink, I will go see her when I do my inevitable Vegas trip next year to see all the icons. Glad to see Britney opening doors!:clap3:

Edited by frozemmm
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jola said:

I wonder if Pink will be able to earn $1M+ per 5k attendance like Enigma, the most successful Vegas residency, did.

Gaga outgrossed with her theatre show some girls whole american leg arena tours :rip:

Her show was so in demand and sold out that people were paying even 10k for a ticket on second market. It was about time finally another talented woman like Pink joined her.

EO-cBDfX4AAfCJ0?format=jpg

EO-cAJ-WsAE9vjG?format=jpgEO-cBs8X0AA5y0l?format=jpg

 

Wait, now that I checked the numbers Enigma earned even more per show :rip:

"In 2019, Enigma grossed $53,868,719 million for an average of $1,584,374 per concert"

 

Yeah only Pink can come close to these numbers.

WTF at those numbers :deadbanana:

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...