Jump to content

Pink officially signs on for Vegas Residency


Recommended Posts

dirrtydiana
7 hours ago, Squall said:

You mean Céline?

pink and brit are celines peers now? I- we-

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Squall

    8

  • Pinksus

    6

  • XtinaStripped

    6

  • Rev8

    4

Talking Fish
15 hours ago, Funhouse said:

Why not? Her last tour grossed about $185 million in North America. Only Taylor Swift and Cher have had higher grossing North American tours. If other artists can have successful Vegas shows with a fraction of Pink's touring power, I don't see why Pink's would flop.

Cher? :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Talking Fish said:

Cher? :rip:

Yes, I think she held the record for biggest female NA Tour with her Farewell tour until Taylor came along.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

pink and brit are celines peers now? I- we-

Being peers has nothing to do with launching a trend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Alyssa Edwards

Congratulations to the pro-circumcision soccer enthusiast LGBT acrobat. :clap3:

Link to post
Share on other sites
dirrtydiana
34 minutes ago, Squall said:

Being peers has nothing to do with launching a trend.

A trend is something that was seen as suicide career in 2003-2007 and became hot in 2013-present now? I- we

Edited by dirrtydiana
Link to post
Share on other sites
Pinksus
12 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

A trend is something that was seen as suicide career in 2003-2007 and became hot in 2013-present now? I- we

Career suicide when the biggest residency is from that period? :rip:

 

Shania Twain was doing great too way before Britney signed that deal

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
SinnerCity
20 hours ago, Dreams said:

 

Not at all. If it were Britney’s impact people would’ve been rushing to Vegas in 2013/2014. Not nearly 8 years after the fact. 

Vegas was something quite different before Piece of Me launched really and the fact that a lot of at the time main stream artists like J.Lo, Mariah and Gaga joined shortly after it gives you an indication of how profitable Vegas actually was for younger audiences. 

 

I think P!nk will have a similar stage to piece of me, she's got the budget and I'm sure she's going to put one hell of a show if this is true. She's got the hits and one of kind performing skills. Something definitely I'd like to see front row.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dirrtydiana said:

A trend is something that was seen as suicide career in 2003-2007 and became hot in 2013-present now? I- we

Not you thinking everyone decided it was cool only when Britney did it :dies: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pinksus said:

Career suicide when the biggest residency is from that period? :rip:

 

Shania Twain was doing great too way before Britney signed that deal

Ikr? Britney stans always acting like Britney made it a trend or something :skull: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
XtinaStripped
40 minutes ago, Squall said:

Not you thinking everyone decided it was cool only when Britney did it :dies: 

Erm well yeah? That’s what happened. :gaycatney6:
 

I mean.. unless you were a super stan of Celine/Elton/Cher..

 

Vegas was where pop careers went to die before Britney’s show.. It certainly wasn’t seen as something “cool” to be doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, XtinaStripped said:

Erm well yeah? That’s what happened. :gaycatney6:
 

I mean.. unless you were a super stan of Celine/Elton/Cher..

 

Vegas was where pop careers went to die before Britney’s show.. It certainly wasn’t seen as something “cool” to be doing.

And that’s why they were outdoing Britney and others’ following residencies? :dies: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
XtinaStripped
30 minutes ago, Squall said:

And that’s why they were outdoing Britney and others’ following residencies? :dies: 

She tapped into a market that was previously an older target audience.

 

i mean.. it’s just fact. It’s what happened.

 

She didn’t drive away their audience. Nobody is arguing that.

 

She just appealed to a younger gen and the success of her show opened the doors for the artists who are following now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pinksus
1 hour ago, XtinaStripped said:

Vegas was where pop careers went to die before Britney’s show.. It certainly wasn’t seen as something “cool” to be doing.

????

 

Celine went to Vegas after releasing a album who sold 10 million copies and after finish the biggest female tour of the 90's

 

Meanwhile Piece Of Me started at the lowest point of Britney's career (Britney Jean) :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, XtinaStripped said:

She tapped into a market that was previously an older target audience.

 

i mean.. it’s just fact. It’s what happened.

 

She didn’t drive away their audience. Nobody is arguing that.

 

She just appealed to a younger gen and the success of her show opened the doors for the artists who are following now.

Céline is basically the reason you are lying. There is a world outside ATRL and the fact you stans think Vegas wasn’t cool until Britney did it doesn’t mean it was true to people. The reason she appealed to a younger generation is literally because her audience is/was younger; yet, it doesn’t mean she made it « cool ». :skull: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pinksus

I understand and agree with the fact that Britney marked the beginning of TRL generation at Vegas but acting like she setted a trend when way bigger acts were already there is beyond delusional

 

I mean... "Where pop careers went to die" girl Celine went there right after selling 100 million albums in just 5 years meanwhile Britney wasn't able to stay at BB200 top 10 for more than 2 weeks :rip:

Link to post
Share on other sites
XtinaStripped
3 minutes ago, Pinksus said:

????

 

Celine went to Vegas after releasing a album who sold 10 million copies and after finish the biggest female tour of the 90's

 

Meanwhile Piece Of Me started at the lowest point of Britney's career (Britney Jean) :rip:

Britney released that **** album and still managed to get a hit single that era.  I mean.. what’s to argue here? That’s the difference.. Celine’s fanbase was already cemented. She was already a legacy act. Nobody is saying she can’t sell albums/shows. They were at different points in their careers. Britney announcing her show at that point was a major shock and attracted a younger audience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
XtinaStripped
4 minutes ago, Pinksus said:

I understand and agree with the fact that Britney marked the beginning of TRL generation at Vegas but acting like she setted a trend when way bigger acts were already there is beyond delusional

 

I mean... "Where pop careers went to die" girl Celine went there right after selling 100 million albums in just 5 years meanwhile Britney wasn't able to stay at BB200 top 10 for more than 2 weeks :rip:

Ok I give you the “where pop careers go to die” comment. Haha I realise that’s a little much. What I meant was Britney wasn’t a legacy act when she went to Vegas like the artists I mentioned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
XtinaStripped
10 minutes ago, Squall said:

Céline is basically the reason you are lying. There is a world outside ATRL and the fact you stans think Vegas wasn’t cool until Britney did it doesn’t mean it was true to people. The reason she appealed to a younger generation is literally because her audience is/was younger; yet, it doesn’t mean she made it « cool ». :skull: 

I guess that word means different things to different people. If you’re older and you’re audience is Celine Dion than yes it was extremely “cool” before Britney. :laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pinksus
1 minute ago, XtinaStripped said:

what’s to argue here?

That Celine was at the top of her game in 2003 meanwhile... well... Britney Jean :rip:

 

People here using Britney as a reference for Pink's supposed move instead of Celine don't make sense

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
15 minutes ago, Squall said:

Céline is basically the reason you are lying. There is a world outside ATRL and the fact you stans think Vegas wasn’t cool until Britney did it doesn’t mean it was true to people. The reason she appealed to a younger generation is literally because her audience is/was younger; yet, it doesn’t mean she made it « cool ». :skull: 

 

I can leave the 2nd user alone, since he at least admits for Britney setting a trend in Vegas

but U Truly live in a world of your own :ahh: Not us

 

 

 

Publications and Artists themselves have stated of Britney's influence on Vegas:toofunny3:

Doubt that ATRL User Squall, is more trusted than Respected publications like Billboard,Forbes,The Guardian,Independent etc. :michael:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pinksus
9 minutes ago, XtinaStripped said:

Ok I give you the “where pop careers go to die” comment. Haha I realise that’s a little much. What I meant was Britney wasn’t a legacy act when she went to Vegas like the artists I mentioned.

Here's the point

 

Why 2013's Britney wasn't a legacy act but Celine was?

 

She had one of the best selling albums at that moment and ANDHC outcharted Work Bitch

 

It's contradictory

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • #FreeBritney Activist
Erreur2 La Nature

Love how Britney Spears did THAT by signing her POM residency. Cool for Pink tbh she will have the stability

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...