• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squall

• Pinksus

• XtinaStripped

• Rev8

CandyCoatedClouds

Makes sense. Doesn't she have young children? She might just want to stop traveling for a bit and stay in one place, like Britney did. Also she's had a good long run and will probably be able to successfully tour again, it's not like she needs this to build back up or something.

Honestly, I see her being really successful with this. I can easily see her residency being one of the most successful. 

Funhouse
1 hour ago, Alexis Neiers said:

i dont think it would sell unfortunately

Why not? Her last tour grossed about $185 million in North America. Only Taylor Swift and Cher have had higher grossing North American tours. If other artists can have successful Vegas shows with a fraction of Pink's touring power, I don't see why Pink's would flop.

AlbumOfTheYear
12 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

Why not? Her last tour grossed about $185 million in North America. Only Taylor Swift and Cher have had higher grossing North American tours. If other artists can have successful Vegas shows with a fraction of Pink's touring power, I don't see why Pink's would flop.

Right? I dont like her but Pink has the soccer moms in her grip and they are mire likely to purchase so i see this being a success on that alone lol

2 hours ago, Alexis Neiers said:

If you think vegas isnt the wine mom and karen mecca:rip:

Virtual? Covid and lockdowns are not going away in this decade...

tumblr_mb6n9xNKJ71qi0ofuo6_r1_250.gifv

Popboi.

Why wouldn't it? :rip: 

hmm I feel like she doesn't need it but she has a family so it's understandable. P!nk is the perfect act for a Vegas residency! Imagine the stage and the tricks/stunts she can pull :jonny5: 

DanceAgain
11 hours ago, MrDog said:

I thought he was doing it already

:toofunny2:

dirrtydiana
10 hours ago, P!nk said:

Please no.

Why? I think chArTRL has clouded your judgment. The way I see it, there’s two types of Vegas, the one that everyone dreads where their faves go to rot and become forgotten, but this one kind of no longer exists.

the 2nd one is where they become a monument people go and see like the Eiffel Tower or the Statue of Liberty. They no longer have to go to the fans, the fans go to them because they’re that powerful. 

Pink is definitely the second one. This will be an addition to her legacy and how she’s engrained in pop culture 

Mr.Link

Even though this pretty much means she has embraced she won’t be making hits anymore I’m happy for her. She enjoys putting a show and there’s demand to see her. And she gets to stay close to her family so win win.

Can’t wait for the inevitable generic single they will be releasing to promote this.

EnterTheAttic
9 hours ago, brainmaniac said:

I thought she said she wasn’t interested before? But I guess radio finally stopped playing her, so she has to adjust 

The radio will never stop playing her, don't be a fool. 

She said she prefer touring. Touring during a pandemic is not possible. She has to work though. What's not clicking? 

brainmaniac
3 minutes ago, EnterTheAttic said:

The radio will never stop playing her, don't be a fool. 

She said she prefer touring. Touring during a pandemic is not possible. She has to work though. What's not clicking? 

Only a fool would be in denial over how pop radio has finally dropped Pink 

Touring during a pandemic is not possible...but a residency is? :dies:

dfantasy

I think this has more to do with COVID-19 rather than her legacy/touring power? 

She could (easily) do what Britney did, which is to take the Vegas show on a world tour

Alexis Neiers
9 hours ago, Funhouse said:

8 hours ago, Enoch said:

If you think vegas isnt the wine mom and karen mecca:rip:

8 hours ago, Popboi. said:

Why wouldn't it? :rip: 

She doesn't have the pull to keep a consistent crowd in the same venue, has very little fans etc.. 

unfortunately I see P!nk coming for the worst selling Vegas show :noparty:

dfantasy
57 minutes ago, Alexis Neiers said:

She doesn't have the pull to keep a consistent crowd in the same venue, has very little fans etc.. 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1563894/pinks-australia-tour-breaks-melbourne-venue-record

18 shows at Rod Laver Arena in one leg. Yeah, she doesn't have the pull. 

Shinning

Beyoncé will be the only one of the late 90s/early 2000s girl to not have a Vegas residency.

Legend tingz:alexz:

Popboi.

The delusion :rip: her last tour grossed $397 million and you think she “doesn’t have the pull”? :bibliahh:

Ocboy85

What U Stans don't understand is that 99% of artists HATE touring, however at the same time that's where they get 99% of their money from.

Just imagine Touring for 20 yrs off and on.  You do 4/6 shows a week, in a different time zone and city every day, living out of hotels, away from your family and friends and then it's the M&G, radio interviews etc etc.

That can get OLD really fast and ntm it takes a major toll on your body.

With Vegas while some may see it as a less than thing it gives the artists a chance to be stable and still perform and earn huge amounts of cash without the crazy hectic Touring schedule.

**** if I was a artist I know I would HATE touring and would rather be in Vegas or somewhere like MJ was gonna do at O2 in London where the fans come to you!

savedthemixtape
2 hours ago, Popboi. said:

The delusion :rip: her last tour grossed $397 million and you think she “doesn’t have the pull”? :bibliahh:

Yes! THIS! And another user pointed out how she did 18 shows at Rod Laver. Some people just love to hear themselves speak nonsense!