Dr. Luke: Second victim appears

BonniemcChicken

So they came forward about it in 2014? How did they keep this quiet until now? I feel so bad for the victim. It’s probably going to come out who they are. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pop culture

• TomTom2288

• Alfred

• keshasfillers

17 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Yeah, one of the ugliest celebrity lawsuits dealing with sexual abuse in the music industry before the #metoo era began involving one of the most successful music producers of all time and one of his protégés that he made famous clearly has nothing to do with anyone else and we should not care about it :)

Yeah, Kesha trying to leave her traumatic experiences behind her and open a new chapter in her life after years of suffering certainly doesn't mean she is in any way concerned about the trial of a 50 million dollar defamation lawsuit against her that intends to bankrupt and humiliate her. All peanuts :)

and since then the lawsuit has only gotten uglier and expanded :)

I appreciate your thoughtful retorts, but they are not representative of the bulk of online opinions toward the whole situation.

People coming into threads and instigating others who are either neutral or pro-Luke (in terms of 'let the man continue on with his life without hyper-criticizing and sounding the alarms at any sign of success he may encounter') is what I take issue with. And furthermore, the intention not even being about caring for Kesha but purely using that "empathy" towards her to incite hateful rhetoric towards a man who, as it's been stated over and over and over again in these threads and elsewhere online, has not been convicted of a crime. That's the point y'all fail to miss. And instead you conflate your passion for Kesha seeking justice with tearing down Dr. Luke and crucifying others who enjoy the music he produces. 

I love the music he makes. Others can too. He can be awarded for his work because his musical output is separate from legal drama. Why has Chris Brown been able to enjoy success and a currently chart-topping song years after physically disfiguring Rihanna of which there was physical evidence? It's not the message Kesha would want for y'all to try to attack others like me who simply love music. That's why I keep saying "move on" because at this point it's a broken record. Like, okay, great that you support Kesha, great that you care about women's rights, as do I, but in this specific case that's been going on for years, there has been no evidence to convict Luke and as compelling as testimonies may be or as your cognitive bias towards believing a woman of a rape accusation regardless of context and even after Kesha denied Luke assaulted/drugged her in a 2011 deposition, you reach a dead end. 

13 minutes ago, keshasfillers said:

I just posted that I agreed with the quoted part of your post, that doesn't make me lose any of my credibility at all since I was already informed and I probably read more than you on the issue. It's unfortunate yet telling that the cracks in your alarmist tactics keep making themselves resoundingly clear repeatedly since you keep actively selecting which posts fits your narrative to to respond or ignore, seen on this thread and the iHeartRadio one. 

Add "gaslighting" to one of your transparent tactics, hun. 

Ampersand13

I-

Some people in this thread just can’t be reasoned with. I spend anymore time in a Luke thread I’ll just blowup. He is a proved misogynist and manipulator as seen through countless emails submitted to the court. I believe Kesha and I believe this second victim.

TomTom2288
17 minutes ago, BonniemcChicken said:

So they came forward about it in 2014? How did they keep this quiet until now? I feel so bad for the victim. It’s probably going to come out who they are. 

These documents are from Dr. Luke's defamation lawsuit against Mark Geragos. Mark Geragos is Kesha's former lawyer. Shortly after Luke filed his defamation lawsuit against Kesha, he filed a separate defamation lawsuit against Mark Geragos because he implied on Twitter that Luke raped Lady Gaga.

In the Kesha case, both parties produced hundreds of thousands of documents, many of which are confidential. The documents related to the second victim were produced as confidential in the Kesha case. 

The judge in the Geragos case decided that all documents of the Kesha case must also be produced in the Geragos case and in the context of this production the second victim recently came up as a topic.

Geragos wanted to use the existence of a second victim as an argument that it wasn't unreasonable to believe he may also have raped Lady Gaga.

15 minutes ago, Alfred said:

People coming into threads and instigating others who are either neutral or pro-Luke (in terms of 'let the man continue on with his life without hyper-criticizing and sounding the alarms at any sign of success he may encounter') is what I take issue with. And furthermore, the intention not even being about caring for Kesha but purely using that "empathy" towards her to incite hateful rhetoric towards a man who, as it's been stated over and over and over again in these threads and elsewhere online, has not been convicted of a crime. That's the point y'all fail to miss. And instead you conflate your passion for Kesha seeking justice with tearing down Dr. Luke and crucifying others who enjoy the music he produces. 

I don't "miss" anything. It's irrelevant whether Dr. Luke was convicted of a crime or not because there is enough evidence and testimony describing what kind of person he is. The fact that it is not 100% proven that he raped Kesha just makes him less of a bad person than he already is. You seem to forget that Kesha sued Dr. Luke for many things and not just rape. There is ample evidence of the emotional and psychological abuse she had to endure under Dr. Luke, regardless of whether we know if he is a rapist as well.

there has been no evidence to convict Luke

You're clearly not reading what I post. For the 1000th time, this is just not true. I literally told you already Kesha did not file a criminal lawsuit to convict Dr. Luke of rape, she literally just filed a civil lawsuit to end her contract. Dr. Luke was never going to be convicted of anything because Kesha never asked a court to convict him of anything. Again, the jury in the defamation lawsuit will decide whether it's reasonable to believe Dr. Luke raped Kesha. That will be the first and only institution to decide this question and nothing else.

Like, okay, great that you support Kesha, great that you care about women's rights, as do I, but in this specific case that's been going on for years, there has been no evidence to convict Luke and as compelling as testimonies may be or as your cognitive bias towards believing a woman of a rape accusation regardless of context and even after Kesha denied Luke assaulted/drugged her in a 2011 deposition, you reach a dead end. 

The only person reaching a dead end is you in your posts.

Edited by TomTom2288
TomTom2288
5 minutes ago, éclat said:

"Not Lady Gaga" :skull: how random.

Lock him up!

These documents are from Dr. Luke's defamation lawsuit against Mark Geragos, Kesha's former lawyer. After Lady Gaga said in her Howard Stern interview in 2014 that she is also a rape victim, Mark Geragos tweeted that Luke raped Lady Gaga and then Luke sued Geragos for defamation. That's why it says "not Lady Gaga" because she is the subject of the lawsuit.

Dolce Vita

Geragos and Luke have filed a joint sealing motion to keep the identity of Dr. Luke's other victim permanently sealed.

this really says it all. :mazen: i feel so sad for the victim.

Edited by Dolce Vita
Dolce Vita
23 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

I-

Some people in this thread just can’t be reasoned with. I spend anymore time in a Luke thread I’ll just blowup. He is a proved misogynist and manipulator as seen through countless emails submitted to the court. I believe Kesha and I believe this second victim.

this

4 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

These documents are from Dr. Luke's defamation lawsuit against Mark Geragos, Kesha's former lawyer. After Lady Gaga said in her Howard Stern interview in 2014 that she is also a rape victim, Mark Geragos tweeted that Luke raped Lady Gaga and then Luke sued Geragos for defamation. That's why it says "not Lady Gaga" because she is the subject of the lawsuit.

Oh I see. ty :heart: 

Pop culture
37 minutes ago, ariananext said:

there aren't many ways to prove it though :rip:

There aren't many ways to prove you're innocent either

sickening
56 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Girl, what??? That logic makes no sense. What's going on in the courts has nothing to do with you. Or us. They're taking care of it. Kesha doesn't need you to fight for her. Like I said, she has MOVED ON. In case you forgot about this song in her discography: 

Kesha is quoted as saying this to the Huff Post on July 27th, 2017. Almost four years ago. It's now April, 2021. Maybe it would serve you well to let it go and stop coming into threads bashing Luke with your weird Vendetta that's more about proving people "wrong" as @keshasfillers admitted to a few posts above me. It's laughable, you guys look ridiculous. 

And just to reinforce that notion that Kesha herself has publicly come out embracing, here are some standout lyrics to this great song: 

[Pre-Chorus]
I know I'm always like

Telling everybody you don't gotta be a victim
Life ain't always fair, but hell is living in resentment
Choose redemption, your happy ending's up to you

[Chorus]
I think it's time to practice what I preach
Exorcise the demons inside me
Whoa, gotta learn to let it go

The past can't haunt me if I don't let it 
Live and learn and never forget it
Whoa, gotta learn to let it go

:) 

so because she forgave him everyone should just forget hes...an abuser?

3 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

I don't "miss" anything. It's irrelevant whether Dr. Luke was convicted of a crime or not because there is enough evidence and testimony describing what kind of person he is. The fact that it is not 100% proven that he raped Kesha just makes him less of a bad person than he already is. You seem to forget that Kesha sued Dr. Luke for many things and not just rape. There is ample evidence of the emotional and psychological abuse she had to endure under Dr. Luke, regardless of whether we know if he is a rapist as well.

You're clearly not reading what I post. For the 1000th time, this is just not true. I literally told you already Kesha did not file a criminal lawsuit to convict Dr. Luke of rape, she literally just filed a civil lawsuit to end her contract. Dr. Luke was never going to be convicted of anything because Kesha never asked a court to convict him of anything. Again, the jury in the defamation lawsuit will decide whether it's reasonable to believe Dr. Luke raped Kesha. That will be the first and only institution to decide this question and nothing else.

The only person reaching a dead end is you in your posts.

You cleverly evaded all the mentions I made of how fans engage online with this discussion. Which, to me, is the biggest point out of all this. No admission there, which leads me to believe you're one-sided. This reinforces my claim that you miss valuable points I make. 

It's great you've done your homework and know a wealth of legal specifics regarding Kesha and Luke's case. I don't. I don't follow the case tooth and nail. However, based on a quick search, it certainly is telling that Kesha dropped the Los Angeles case back in 2016 to focus on the New York one. Which is odd because in April of that year, a Supreme Court Justice in New York, "stated that Kesha's rape and abuse allegations couldn't move forward because the alleged incidents happened outside New York and fell outside the statute of limitations." Hmm. 

Does that not invalidate your statement: "she literally just filed a civil lawsuit to end her contract"? Seems like it does. Which leads to another important clarification between cases. Most people (if not ALL) in these threads give their opinions based on the abuse allegations. And you're telling me right now the defamation lawsuit is the major case at hand. Sooo... I sense some incongruence there babes. Maybe you need to educate your fellow Kesha stans. Again, I appreciate your thoughtful retorts like I said a few posts up, but in this case your intelligence on the matter is an anomaly. 

3 minutes ago, sickening said:

so because she forgave him everyone should just forget hes...an abuser?

Um, yes. That's exactly my point. I'm not justifying his behavior but it's an objective fact of life. Abuse exists. Parents abuse us. There are abusive practices in the workplace. It's terrible, it's wrong, it causes trauma. But if the victim herself has forgiven and moved on to a positive future, why shouldn't the rest of the public follow suit? Make it make sense. 

Edited by Alfred
sickening
Just now, Alfred said:

Um, yes. That's exactly my point. I've had abusive managers. I'm not justifying his behavior but it's an objective fact of life. Parents abuse us. It's terrible, it's wrong, it causes trauma. But if the victim herself has forgiven and moved on to a positive future, why shouldn't the rest of the public follow suit? Make it make sense. 

he could've very well hurt this other person so we should move on because this one person forgave him? I've been abused in everyway possible and while I've forgiven them I'd never tell someone to sit down because I've forgiven them already yet they've abused someone else. you need to stop

• #FreeBritney Activist
ConceptD
3 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Um, yes. That's exactly my point. I'm not justifying his behavior but it's an objective fact of life. Abuse exists. Parents abuse us. There are abusive practices in the workplace. It's terrible, it's wrong, it causes trauma. But if the victim herself has forgiven and moved on to a positive future, why shouldn't the rest of the public follow suit? Make it make sense. 

Because he’s still making music and has effectively called his victim a liar despite the fact nothing has been proven in court. Just because people have ‘moved on’ doesn’t mean everyone should just forget that he’s a rapist scumbag that likes to take advantage of young vulnerable girls  (allegedly) 

• #FreeBritney Activist
ConceptD
2 minutes ago, sickening said:

he could've very well hurt this other person so we should move on because this one person forgave him? I've been abused in everyway possible and while I've forgiven them I'd never tell someone to sit down because I've forgiven them already yet they've abused someone else. you need to stop

They just want the notifications at this point. It’s a really odd thing to defend. 

Control1986

We been knew Luke is abusive and controlling over women. 

keshasfillers
1 minute ago, sickening said:

it's not like she forgave him either.

Oh, sometimes I pray for you at night
Someday, maybe you'll see the light
Oh, some say, in life, you're gonna get what you give
But some things only God can forgive

if we're going with song lyrics she's clearly left it to God since she doesn't have it inside herself to forgive that man.

TomTom2288
3 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Does that not invalidate your statement: "she literally just filed a civil lawsuit to end her contract"? Seems like it does.

The purpose of ending the contract was not having to work with Dr. Luke anymore. That request was denied by the court (she appealed this and it was denied again by the appeals court in 2018). After this was denied, Kesha filed a preliminary injunction as an alternative of not having to work with Dr. Luke anymore. The injunction was also denied because of technical reasons and also because Sony declared at oral argument of that motion that Kesha could work without Dr. Luke. This then made the injunction superfluous in the eyes of the judge. This basically pressured Luke to give up his contractual right to produce six songs on every Kesha album. The waiver of this right is what enabled Kesha to record music without Dr. Luke. He is suing her for damages now for not producing these songs.

7 minutes ago, Alfred said:

And you're telling me right now the defamation lawsuit is the major case at hand. Sooo... I sense some incongruence there babes.

Because Kesha withdrew her own lawsuit in 2016, all the discovery related to the allegations (all the depositions, documents, etc.) took place in the defamation lawsuit instead. That's why all the evidence Kesha presented was produced in the defamation lawsuit since her own lawsuit never even got to the discovery stage.

10 minutes ago, Alfred said:

You cleverly evaded all the mentions I made of how fans engage online with this discussion. Which, to me, is the biggest point out of all this. No admission there, which leads me to believe you're one-sided. This reinforces my claim that you miss valuable points I make. 

It's not my beer what other fans do or say. I only give my own opinions.

Sugar-Rush

I believe her. Hopefully justice will prevail and Dr. Luke will be locked up tight.

2 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

Because he’s still making music and has effectively called his victim a liar despite the fact nothing has been proven in court. Just because people have ‘moved on’ doesn’t mean everyone should just forget that he’s a rapist scumbag that likes to take advantage of young vulnerable girls  (allegedly) 

Here we go again. "he’s a rapist scumbag that likes to take advantage of young vulnerable girls  (allegedly)" 

Why should people hold on to an alleged claim?? You're literally contradicting yourself. Once that happens, it is treated like fact. Which it is not. Yes, many women, including Kelly and Pink, came out saying Luke was a jerk. I'm not insinuating he's an angel. But the onslaught of inflammatory statements from users on this forum and elsewhere needs to be exposed. It's backwards and lacks accountability and nuance. 

fountain
23 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Okay rape apologist. Worms, literal worms for brains. 

omg i need to ship back all my Say So streams 

Insanity
2 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

Because the victim did not want to come forward publicly. It's being mentioned in the second tweet.

Oh gotcha I'm at work busy I only had time to read 1