IFPI: Gaga bigger than Dua in 2020, why?

Shendelzare

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gotportugal

• jijie101

• Cain

• halcyonday

7 minutes ago, Daylight said:

Not gonna lie, I was quite surprised. Perhaps Dua isn’t as big as ATRL members make her out to be.

Future Nostalgia was the 10th biggest album of 2020 (Folklore was 9th, oops) and DSN was the 4th biggest song. I think ATRL is right for once.

mx9YNDL.gif

1 minute ago, Bang Up said:

Surprise! ATRL is always wrong. Dua is no different from Marrin Moris or Bebe Rexha; the GP doesn't really know who she is and they don't really care. She's just lucky that she happened to have a big hit song, a really good PR team, and A LOT of money being pumped into her career. Sadly for everyone involved, they're not seeing much return considering her pure sales are so bad.

Hmm, suddenly ATRL is changing their narrative surrounding Gaga. I remember when the narrative was that nobody listened to her catalog and that she had horrible recurrent streams. Gaga stays evolving.

No way are you comparing Dua to Bebe Rexha...

If they didn't care she wouldn't be top 10 in both the UK/USA a year after her album dropped

9th most viewed tiny desk concert despite being a few months old

5 million viewers on her concert livestream

FN 12/13 million streams daily on spotify alone

but yes nobody cares about her...

1 minute ago, Bang Up said:

Surprise! ATRL is always wrong. Dua is no different from Marrin Moris or Bebe Rexha; the GP doesn't really know who she is and they don't really care. She's just lucky that she happened to have a big hit song, a really good PR team, and A LOT of money being pumped into her career. Sadly for everyone involved, they're not seeing much return considering her pure sales are so bad.

Hmm, suddenly ATRL is changing their narrative surrounding Gaga. I remember when the narrative was that nobody listened to her catalog and that she had horrible recurrent streams. Gaga stays evolving.

Considering she has 8 albums AND released a new album in 2020 it's a bit weird she didn't even make the Top 10, so yeah maybe her catalogue isn't all that

Just now, gotportugal said:

And Bad Bunny. the biggest artist on Spotify in 2020

mx9YNDL.gif

Not too surprising either.  Spotify is only 1/3rd of the streaming market not to mention the digital and physical market.  

5 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

These lies and fairytales :ahh:

Try harder, losers

1 minute ago, Cain said:

Considering she has 8 albums AND released a new album in 2020 it's a bit weird she didn't even make the Top 10, so yeah maybe her catalogue isn't all that

Those two Dua album has like 50 songs and she has countless features and droplets, let's not act like she has a small catalog like Billie who is sitting at #5. 

I see the new excuse is now "catalague" when the girlies have been swearing her catalogue is forgagatten with no recurrent stats

mx9YNDL.gif

• #FreeBritney Activist
5 minutes ago, jijie101 said:

They are and forever will be.

I was told Gaga's catalog was forgotten and suddenly Gaga is doing better than Dua because her catalog streams, what's the truth? And Gaga had 6 IFPI top 10 entries when DSN is probably the only one Dua will ever have.

OT: Gaga is the bigger artist no matter what delusional Atrl users claims:cm:

Hmm considering Ed Sheeran, Post Malone and Billie Eilish outdid her with no new albums in 2020 and smaller catalogues I guess you are right and all 3 are FAR bigger than Gaga and bigger than Dua :clap3:

2 minutes ago, OreGuy said:

I guess Dua's intense promo can't compete with Gaga's "forgotten" catalogue last year. Nice try tho. :celestial3:

Let's compare when Dua has equal amount of albums and a whole soundtrack.

Until then Dua is still establishing a presence and is only in her sophomore era. You just look stupid trying to compare a legend to a newbie.

1 minute ago, BadBoy said:

Wait. Bad Bunny was one of the biggest artists in 2020 with 2 albums yet he is so low here. I call this bull****.

Who told you that?:rip: He is not one of the biggest artists in 2020 hence why he is low. 

6 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

Bookmarking this for my collection of aged posts!

Good luck with that:rip: If New Rules didn't make it, nothing will. DSN was kind of a faceless fluke hit.

14 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Albums SPS:
#18 Chromatica

Singles:

Rain On Me N/A

Stupid Love N/A

damn this is awful :rip:

imagine if GaGa’s catalogue didn‘t benefit from the collaborative soundtrack :coffee:

• #FreeBritney Activist
19 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

You know damn well these are catalogue sales, cause Gaga has way more releases :dies:

Albums SPS:

#10 Future Nostalgia
#18 Chromatica

Singles:

#5 Don't Start Now

Rain On Me N/A

Stupid Love N/A

Did the full albums list leak too?

Edited by Enzolorenzo