IFPI: Gaga bigger than Dua in 2020, why?

Shendelzare

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gotportugal

• jijie101

• Cain

• halcyonday

Bigger back catalogue and chromatica sold more pure than FN.

Dua will be much higher next year (hopefully) FN is surprisingly doing better this year than in 2020 with FN moonlight edition being released.

Edited by Aslan
  • #FreeBritney Activist

You know damn well these are catalogue sales, cause Gaga has way more releases :dies:

Albums SPS:

#10 Future Nostalgia
#18 Chromatica

Singles:

#5 Don't Start Now

Rain On Me N/A

Stupid Love N/A

2 minutes ago, Daylight said:

Not gonna lie, I was quite surprised. Perhaps Dua isn’t as big as ATRL members make her out to be.

Surprise! ATRL is always wrong. Dua is no different from Marrin Moris or Bebe Rexha; the GP doesn't really know who she is and they don't really care. She's just lucky that she happened to have a big hit song, a really good PR team, and A LOT of money being pumped into her career. Sadly for everyone involved, they're not seeing much return considering her pure sales are so bad.

1 minute ago, Cain said:

She has a way bigger back catalogue

FN and DSN were still bigger than any Gaga song or album in 2020

mx9YNDL.gif

Hmm, suddenly ATRL is changing their narrative surrounding Gaga. I remember when the narrative was that nobody listened to her catalog and that she had horrible recurrent streams. Gaga stays evolving.

Just now, gotportugal said:

Dua had a top10 IFPI album and single.

mx9YNDL.gif

Gaga is only here because Chromatica was her 8th project, 4 times the amount of Dua projects

mx9YNDL.gifmx9YNDL.gifmx9YNDL.gifmx9YNDL.gif

Dua projects? You mean compilation albums?

D11-A5-E91-E67-E-4298-98-E4-3-D889535-CF

Bc no amount of aggressive promotion will make the GP care about Dua. By this point in Gaga’s career, she’d had several watercooler moments that had the whole world talking. Dua has no personality, a weak voice, isn’t a legitimate writer, can’t dance. She’s a fad

1 minute ago, zach said:

By this logic, the Beatles were bigger than Harry Styles in 2020. :skull: 

They are and forever will be.

1 minute ago, BlackoutZone said:

You know damn well these are catalogue sales, cause Gaga has way more releases :dies:

Albums SPS:

#10 Future Nostalgia
#18 Chromatica

Singles:

#5 Don't Start Now

Rain On Me N/A

Stupid Love N/A

I was told Gaga's catalog was forgotten and suddenly Gaga is doing better than Dua because her catalog streams, what's the truth? And Gaga had 6 IFPI top 10 entries when DSN is probably the only one Dua will ever have.

OT: Gaga is the bigger artist no matter what delusional Atrl users claims:cm:

1 minute ago, Bang Up said:

Hmm, suddenly ATRL is changing their narrative surrounding Gaga. I remember when the narrative was that nobody listened to her catalog and that she had horrible recurrent streams. Gaga stays evolving.

wait this tea 

mx9YNDL.gif

Just now, byzantium said:

Gaga has a stronger catalogue and is bigger in Asia.  This is hardly a surprise honestly.  Dua beat Harry which is notable.  

And Bad Bunny. the biggest artist on Spotify in 2020

mx9YNDL.gif