whose career is ariana's the most similar to?

Nemo

duybeeGAshantiGA
56 minutes ago, Janet said:

Rihanna 

Rih had several peaks tho. She peaked with GGGB, then LOUD then Anti. Rih did not really have an constant and steady upward trajectory like Ari. Rih was kinda always consistent.

I would say Rihanna.  Constant releases with one or two hits from each.  A lot of singles outside albums.  A couple of smash eras, but really "the whole is greater than the sum of parts" type artist. 

ithinkheknowsoutsold

Taylor Swift:

Successful debut album that was pretty local 

Second album marked international breakthrough with huge success

Third album initially started off slow, but became a strong seller and a fan favourite

Fourth album saw them return stronger and had major hype 

Fifth album was their peak 

Sixth album was post peak, initially thought of as a flop but proved itself it to be a major success in the long run.

Resembles Drake's trajectory the most. Funnily enough he was a child actor too. I see where the Rihanna comparisons are coming from but I really don't agree with them.

2 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

She is like no other female artists. No other female artists kept getting steadliy bigger and bigger through the years.. most of them smashed right at the beginning of their career, no one took 4-5 eras to peak like her. Also the way she already had success since the beginning but not that huge. Unique!

Rihanna.

3 hours ago, Iridesence said:

i feel like it’s drake’s

both are child stars. both keep getting progressively more and more big every release. both got a number one quite a bit after they debuted. both have their share of no. 1 debuts. both don’t show any signs of slowing down.

ariana had a little more hits earlier than drake did in his career, but the rest of their career trajectory is pretty similar imo.

i always forget drake is a child star

ariananext

3 hours ago, ariananext said:

Abel maybe? Both became mainstream artists in 2014, both reached a new peak in 2019/2020, both are R&B/Pop, both are very private and don't do interviews, both ditched the Grammys

love me harder is kind of a classic for both of them

ariananext

3 hours ago, MrDog said:

Ciara tbh

tenor.gif?itemid=13347912

1 hour ago, Ampersand13 said:

I could lowkey see a comparison to Britney just in the sense that her hits are remembered and some of which tied with personal relationships and things of that nature (not in a bad way, if anything it proves Ari is an authentic artist in my opinion). Beloved by the gays, more of a singles artist while still having impressive stats, heavenly influenced by black artists.

lol britney isn't and never was a singles artist

ariananext

1 hour ago, ariananext said:

Justin: poor and started on YouTube

Ariana: rich and started on Broadway/theater 

Justin: peaked in first and third era, rollercoaster success wise (for his standards)

Ariana: moderate first era, peaked in second and fifth era, consistent 

Justin: releases every 2-5 years 

Ariana: releases yearly

Justin: full blown eras

Ariana: half assed eras

they have.. nothing in common career wise 

:rip: this is so mean nnn

21 minutes ago, worldwide angel said:

:rip: this is so mean nnn

well I'm a Justin fan but it's true no shade :deadbanana4:, they had totally different career trajectories, starting from the way they became famous, Ariana was born as a privileged kid while Justin didn't have anything

Just now, ariananext said:

well I'm a Justin fan but it's true no shade :deadbanana4:, they had totally different career trajectories, starting from the way they became famous, Ariana was born as a privileged kid while Justin didn't have anything

ik but the wording sends me :bibliahh:

5 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

She is like no other female artists. No other female artists kept getting steadliy bigger and bigger through the years.. most of them smashed right at the beginning of their career, no one took 4-5 eras to peak like her. Also the way she already had success since the beginning but not that huge. Unique!

Celine Dion peaked on her 5th era and P!nk almost repeaked on her 5th era. 

duybeeGAshantiGA
4 hours ago, ariananext said:

That may explain why Justin became a spoiled human being because his life changed drastically while Ari.. not so much.

7 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

That may explain why Justin became a spoiled human being because his life changed drastically while Ari.. not so much.

I don't think he's spoiled, he's constantly talking about how badly his life was pre-fame, his family is a big BIG mess (addicted mom, she was raped, self harmed, committed suicide, was homeless, stole around, alcoholic and what now and abusive messy father to say something) which explains why he's so troubled if anything

8 hours ago, RULES said:

Mix between Mariah and Xtina 

Christina burned out shortly after her 2nd album. 

Mariah was a HUGE star in Asia from day 1. But much like Ariana, Mariah needed a few tries until she really dominated. 

ithinkheknowsoutsold
8 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

mmm...

YT Year End

US Billboard 200[100] 68

ME Year End

US Billboard 200[180] 17

TS Year End

US Billboard 200 (2008)[121] 5

F Year End

US Billboard 200[186] 1

I said similar, not the same. Taylor's is obviously bigger.

18 hours ago, ariananext said:

I don't think he's spoiled, he's constantly talking about how badly his life was pre-fame, his family is a big BIG mess (addicted mom, she was raped, self harmed, committed suicide, was homeless, stole around, alcoholic and what now and abusive messy father to say something) which explains why he's so troubled if anything

wait justin's mom committed suicide???

8 minutes ago, Nemo said:

wait justin's mom committed suicide???

she tried to, a couple years before having him I think, she jumped in front of a truck 

Edited by ariananext
typo