whose career is ariana's the most similar to?

Nemo

i feel like ariana grande's career trajectory is quite unique. which pop girl or artist would you say her career trajectory most mirrors?

base talk] Ariana Grande Has 12 Top 5 Singles, Surprised ? - Base - ATRL

isn't it mariah kinda? the constant releases, yearly hits, really seems like she was destined to be MC's daughter. the negative press, coming back from it, even the grammy snubs, etc... very similar

actually thinking about it, it's not really. mariah had #1 hits right off the bat. it is hard to find similar trajectories for ari.

Edited by private radio

i feel like it’s drake’s

both are child stars. both keep getting progressively more and more big every release. both got a number one quite a bit after they debuted. both have their share of no. 1 debuts. both don’t show any signs of slowing down.

ariana had a little more hits earlier than drake did in his career, but the rest of their career trajectory is pretty similar imo.

Edited by Iridesence
1 minute ago, Iridesence said:

i feel like it’s drake’s

both child stars keep getting progressively more and more big every release. both got a number one quite a bit after they debuted. both have their fare share of no. 1 debuts. both don’t show any signs of slowing down.

ariana had a little more hits earlier than drake did in his career, but the rest of their career trajectory is pretty similar imo.

Don’t forget the lack of artistic revolution -but I think this comparison makes the most sense although I truly do think her career is unique. 

D11-A5-E91-E67-E-4298-98-E4-3-D889535-CF

Abel maybe? Both became mainstream artists in 2014, both reached a new peak in 2019/2020, both are R&B/Pop, both are very private and don't do interviews, both ditched the Grammys

ironically, she resembles drake's the most, no pop girl really follows her similar trajectory.

no popgirl i think resembles her career, 5 years of middling but never top female artist-level success, then all of a sudden becoming the biggest artist on the planet in 2018-2019 and to carry that heavy lifting chart power forward most probably indefinitely for the next few years is unheard of.

we've seen flop turned smasha popstars, we've seen smash from the start but flop immediately after 2 eras but ari was already smashing from the getgo, she just never reached the taylor-katy levels up until late 2018... then all of a sudden she became the only female artist to stand toe to toe with drake, post malone and the weeknd on the hitmaking side.

Edited by MingYouToo

I'd say Rihanna with the constant releases and hits, no real flop era, only getting bigger over time...unfortunately both had tragic/sad/publicly traumatic events that elevated their name in the celebrity/tabloid press/public eye realm

For pop girls: Rihanna

- Streaming elixir

- Has an undeniable peak(GGGB, TUN), but will end up having consistent success throughout the rest of their career. 

- Branches out to different activities(Rihanna with her fashion, makeup, etc. Ariana with acting, The Voice, etc) though that could be said for any pop girl tbh

- Traumatic event that only earned them respect with the way it was handled

- A hit with every album 

Other than that, I think her career resembles Drake the most for reasons already mentioned. 

yes.thumb.gif.958bc2b63be50514ed60308792

Edited by Billionaire
duybeeGAshantiGA

She is like no other female artists. No other female artists kept getting steadliy bigger and bigger through the years.. most of them smashed right at the beginning of their career, no one took 4-5 eras to peak like her. Also the way she already had success since the beginning but not that huge. Unique!

19 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

She is like no other female artists. No other female artists kept getting steadliy bigger and bigger through the years.. most of them smashed right at the beginning of their career, no one took 4-5 eras to peak like her. Also the way she already had success since the beginning but not that huge. Unique!

Rihanna 

Rihanna I guess :michael:

I could lowkey see a comparison to Britney just in the sense that her hits are remembered and some of which tied with personal relationships and things of that nature (not in a bad way, if anything it proves Ari is an authentic artist in my opinion). Beloved by the gays, more of a singles artist while still having impressive stats, heavenly influenced by black artists. But they have a lot of differences as well, and Ari is only now in her peak which (for fifth album from a pop girl) is pretty abnormal. 

This is hard, I can’t really think of a perfect fit. Ari truly is her own artist :jamming:

3 minutes ago, Arrows said:

Justin Bieber.

Justin: poor and started on YouTube

Ariana: rich and started on Broadway/theater 

Justin: peaked in first and third era, rollercoaster success wise (for his standards)

Ariana: moderate first era, peaked in second and fifth era, consistent 

Justin: releases every 2-5 years 

Ariana: releases yearly

Justin: full blown eras

Ariana: half assed eras

they have.. nothing in common career wise