Top Posters In This Topic

• dabunique

• NumbFentyStan

• dangerousalex

• professor2000

nooniebao
3 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

lmao this is such a disappointment 

this is SAY SO but dumbed down to a 100, we can't even distinguish Doja's rap verse, it's so weak and flat. and SZA is useless in this, Doja might as well sing her parts, there'd be no difference.

i ****in' hate her label for pickin this up. i was expecting a left field bop, something daring. not this uninspired mess.

as a fan, I can't tell y'all this is not goin to attract any streams to Planet Her. just like Say So didn't attract any stream to Hot Pink.

it lowkey reminds me of that flop song SZA did with Justin.

2bcNjvn.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Hot Pink did well on streaming though? Say So definitely attracted streams to the album.

dabunique
11 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

lmao this is such a disappointment 

this is SAY SO but dumbed down to a 100, we can't even distinguish Doja's rap verse, it's so weak and flat. and SZA is useless in this, Doja might as well sing her parts, there'd be no difference.

i ****in' hate her label for pickin this up. i was expecting a left field bop, something daring. not this uninspired mess.

as a fan, I can't tell y'all this is not goin to attract any streams to Planet Her. just like Say So didn't attract any stream to Hot Pink.

it lowkey reminds me of that flop song SZA did with Justin.

2bcNjvn.gif

Reveal hidden contents

ma'am y u bein a hot mess

why do u think HP got into the Top 10? because of Say So

trust this single is label driven ... and this will make people listen to PH

calm down

Eóghan
15 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Hot Pink did well on streaming though? Say So definitely attracted streams to the album.

@dabunique

the stats don't reflect that. 'say so' attracted streams to "say so", not the album. Hot Pink chartin high on the BB200 doesn't mean people actually went out of their way to LISTEN to the album. all the deep cuts on the album are extremely low in streams compared to the singles which is not a good sign.

she needs to transition to an album artist, and i was hopin she would do that with "planet her" but it's not gonna happen with songs like that. that's a fact.

for example all the deep cuts from cardi's debut album have huge streams. that's how you know she's an album artist, people check the deep cuts just as much as the singles. doja deserves better than being a single artist. hot pink deserved better. Say So was a blessing and a curse at the same time.

2bcNjvn.gif 

masochizm
2 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

the stats don't reflect that. 'say so' attracted streams to "say so", not the album. Hot Pink chartin high on the BB200 doesn't mean people actually went out of their way to LISTEN to the album. all the deep cuts on the album are extremely low in streams compared to the singles which is not a good sign.

she needs to transition to an album artist, and i was hopin she would do that with "planet her" but it's not gonna happen with songs like that. that's a fact.

for example all the deep cuts from cardi's debut album have huge streams. that's how you know she's an album artist, people check the deep cuts just as much as the singles. doja deserves better than being a single artist. hot pink deserved better. Say So was a blessing and a curse at the same time.

2bcNjvn.gif 

What?

Girl it’s not that deep, Doja is going to be fine... if she released a left field lead it would’ve been the most damaging thing ever.

get in check :deadbanana2:

dabunique

ma'am we need a hit to get PH goin

left field single so she can prove she's an artist and flop into oblivion

no ma'am

Eóghan
1 minute ago, masochizm said:

What?

Girl it’s not that deep, Doja is going to be fine... if she released a left field lead it would’ve been the most damaging thing ever.

get in check :deadbanana2:

left field can be catchy and successful you know. she proved it with "streets". even sza is doin it with "good days". even lyrically you can be daring and go really really out there and slay records, look at cardi.

2bcNjvn.gif

but anyway let's see what they bring with the video. it might elevate the song for me :duca:

katyslut

A BOP! SZA DELIVERED AS ALWAYS :jonny:

Da Barbie
5 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

left field can be catchy and successful you know. she proved it with "streets". even sza is doin it with "good days". even lyrically you can be daring and go really really out there and slay records, look at cardi.

2bcNjvn.gif

but anyway let's see what they bring with the video. it might elevate the song for me :duca:

Streets and good days aren’t “left field” and cardi isn’t lyrically daring so I have no idea what you’re talking about 

professor2000

Y’all just couldn’t wait...could you? Lol.  

professor2000

There will be more pre album songs, so if you don’t like this one...maybe the next.  It’s not that serious lol.  She’s coming to WIN, trust and believe.  

:jonny5:

dabunique
2 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

There will be more pre album songs, so if you don’t like this one...maybe the next.  It’s not that serious lol.  She’s coming to WIN, trust and believe.  

:jonny5:

oh i kno we gon win

This is such a bop. But I don't want to keep streaming it until its on Spotify so I can support my fav. 

Crank_It_Up

I haven’t heard the leak yet because I’m waiting for the official release but...

Based on the reception, it seems like this is Say So 2.0 which honestly I am personally excited for. I get that some of you guys feel that it was a generic choice but Doja kinda needs to stay safe. By staying safe, she will be able to keep her fan base (from the Say So era) interested. And have a hit leading into the album release.

I can feel that there’ll be material on PH that will be very unique and left-field. We just have to wait after this single does it own thing. 

Edited by Crank_It_Up
NumbFentyStan

I kind of understand what @Eóghan is saying. Streets proved that she does not need the Say So sound to do well, so I don't want her to be stuck in it. She could've come back with something different and smashed too, as long as the song is good.

That being said, I love Kiss Me More and I'd rather get something that's a safer choice (while still being good) and will ensure a hit and the album being released. She will release more songs before the album, so she'll have time to show other sides.

Chemist

Say So is her first global  smash. The next lead was going to sound similar. It it is what it it is.

She was never going to release something like Streets as lead single plsss :rip: