• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dabunique

• NumbFentyStan

• dangerousalex

• professor2000

duybeeGAshantiGA
2 hours ago, Αnt said:

Is Planet Her only gonna have female collabs?

Hope so! Theres an Ari collab right? 

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA
Bloodflowers.

announce the album release date

jOzS7pd.thumb.png.35e732f512b3741e8ddc18

Gives me "song on the radio while getting ready to go to the beach in summer" vibes.

Lowkey SS pt.2

• #FreeBritney Activist

Really cute visuals, song is underwhelming and rather forgettable.

the way doja explodes into and rides the second verse gives me life :jonny5:

professor2000
2 hours ago, ToxDust said:

I knew the moment she went huge she was going to start releasing bland generic *** to fit in, she was doing so many genres and crazy ideas before Say So, that was her thing. 

This sounds like a Maroon 5 song. Sza was absolutely unnecessary, and the plan to recreate Say So is obvious.

At least we will have Amala and Hot Pink forever.

Lollll...Doja said PH will have multiple genres again.  She can’t come straight out the gate being off the wall.  The label wants a hit first.  

Arguably, coming off t

This is a whole bop and a whole serve. The instrumental, the visuals. Summer bop incoming! 

professor2000
3 hours ago, DanceFreak said:

Ok this is gorgeous as hell. The song, the video, the girls and that man:smitten: Hope this becomes a hit so people shut up about her saying she's a 1 hit wonder

See...and that’s the thing.  People say this song is safe/boring, but if she had released something off kilter for the 1st single + it was polarizing, they would’ve said she’s a flop.  :laugh: 

Get the safe radio friendly song first and follow up with the better stuff later.

Arguably she did the OPPOSITE with Hot Pink, but then “SS” blew up towards the end of the album cycle.  It put her in an awkward position.  I think releasing “KMM” first will be a better setup for the rest of the singles/album.  

dabunique

one thing my bitch does well is put u in a mood

i can't wait to make out with guys to this

SinterFold_
23 hours ago, Ariel said:

It's so chill, summery and catchy :celestial4:

Very chill. The song is actually very beautiful and melodic. I love this. Not sure if I’ll have it on repeat but will certainly be enjoying it on the radio when it comes on in the car. 

Truth Teller

I think to excite is one of the main tasks a lead single is supposed to do and this doesn't do it. With an ambitiously titled album already announced, during a Grammy's performance at that, I expected more from this.

It's not bad, but it's very standard. I've played it 3 times, but I turned it off halfway or zoned out during all 3. Not because it was bad. It's just that by the minute mark, I had gotten the point and didn't need to hear more.

If this song is the reason Streets wasn't pushed more aggressively, it's a regrettable decision. I think it will be a moderate hit at best.

Space&Time

My first reaction hearing the song was like "Oh, that's cute but not first single material".  And even if I still kinda feel I wanted some jaw dropping first single for the new era - the song has COMPLETELY grown on me.  It feels so good.  Perfect choice for the summer!

• #FreeBritney Activist
Silvermoon92
15 hours ago, Chemist said:

The serve :jonny:

She looks so powerful :jonny:

Lipgloss

This is an album track not a lead single :/. It sounds like Say So little sister, not an introduction to Planet HER. Also, SZA doesn't add much to the song, waste of a collab. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
TrueBlood

I don't understand anyone who's saying this song is bland and generic. The main concern you could have is how similar it sounds to Say So, but everything else about this song is absolutely exceptional: from the immaculate melody, to the chill production, to the smooth delivery of their vocals, to the nu-disco/city-pop/90s indie influences.

It's a beautiful pop track that's even richer in so many aspects than Say So, even less "mainstream" if you ask me. If each song on the radio would sound like this, the world would be a way better place. Is it predictable coming from her? Yes. Is it bland or generic? Quite the opposite.