Doja Cat f/ SZA - "Kiss Me More"

• #FreeBritney Activist
IAmJustAKnee
Posted (edited)

Random but in terms of a brighter subject other than Dr. Leech, so happy to see the guy being an East Asian (who's doing 2 gay roles at the same time) who doesn't look white-washed d̶e̶s̶p̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶a̶l̶f̶-̶C̶a̶u̶c̶a̶s̶i̶a̶n̶. When was the last time we had an East Asian guy in a mainstream Black female MV? Was it Mariah Carey's Boy? :jonny5:

Edited by IAmJustAKnee
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dabunique

• NumbFentyStan

• dangerousalex

• professor2000

• #FreeBritney Activist
IAmJustAKnee
Posted (edited)

Duplicate post

Edited by IAmJustAKnee

**** y’all for just brushing off that Luke is attached to this. Enjoy it if you want but at least acknowledge it. I really thought SZA would know better than to engage with all of that but she did do a Maroon 5 collab so

4 minutes ago, unino said:

she should push this as lead single 

That seems to be the plan...

dangerousalex
5 minutes ago, collin said:

**** y’all for just brushing off that Luke is attached to this. Enjoy it if you want but at least acknowledge it. I really thought SZA would know better than to engage with all of that but she did do a Maroon 5 collab so

we acknowledged that when the credits came out pages ago. stop being dense and realize the fact that doja WILL be penalized if she doesn’t have Luke involved on her albums due to her contract. 

Guilherme Make Love

It's funny how some people act like she didn't have a contract with him that is signed before everything get exposed.

She can't do much, she is a black artist which already make everything harder for her, what people want her to do? Break a contract to get broke and face consequences?

He demands for credits even when he didn't do anything, so yeah, he will be credited, deal with it and stop complaining and wanting another woman to pay the price for this man behaviors.

I definitely don’t disagree but acting like it is a non-issue is also not the answer.

• #FreeBritney Activist
IAmJustAKnee
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Guilherme Make Love said:

It's funny how some people act like she didn't have a contract with him that is signed before everything get exposed.

She can't do much, she is a black artist which already make everything harder for her, what people want her to do? Break a contract to get broke and face consequences?

He demands for credits even when he didn't do anything, so yeah, he will be credited, deal with it and stop complaining and wanting another woman to pay the price for this man behaviors.

1 hour ago, dangerousalex said:

we acknowledged that when the credits came out pages ago. stop being dense and realize the fact that doja WILL be penalized if she doesn’t have Luke involved on her albums due to her contract. 

1 hour ago, collin said:

I remember someone made a point about Kim and their point was how annoying it was that he's working with Kim who is transgender since if Kim gets "criticized", people could be gaslighted (hope I'm using the term accurately) into being transphobic. I think this could be applied to Doja where one could be called racist. It's like his evil gaslighting escape plan :toofunny3:

@dangerousalex @professor2000 You know how he is credited on some tracks and not on Hot Pink like Streets? Is there are a reason why he must be credited on this specific lead despite no involvement?

Edited by IAmJustAKnee
Pink Matter

Really like it. A bit poppier than I expected. Hope she goes for more of a rap hit for the second single.

This is so good! I don’t get the Say So comparisons at all. Video is so good too.

The frustrating thing is that this song got a video day one, immediate radio release and fantastic playlisting but Streets and Good Days got a **** rollout? 

Mokichi

This is so good, the way every realeases is quality, phew, I can't wait to stream PLANET LEGEND :jonny2:

~Start The Music

This sound like a Say So rehash but I like it

• #FreeBritney Activist

chill song, very easy smooth song to listen to... hopefully TikTok eats this up.

Chemist

Yeah after more listens I don't hear Say So in this at all. The vibe is completely different

Sweet Sexy Savage

This is a very safe but chill bop

Bottom Bitch was better

I will be streaming this since this is such a good song 

Gossip_Boy

This is very nice. They both play off each other so well.