• slw84

Top Posters In This Topic

• #FreeBritney Activist
Breathe On Moi
Posted (edited)

“2014’s Glory?” :biblio:

wait that whole sentence is a mess, Private Show? :biblio:

Edited by Breathe On Moi

She always gave credit. Nothing seemed fake or forced with her music as well. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
Erreur2 La Nature

Glory from 2014 :deadbanana:

Private Show being urban :deadbanana:

That article is a mess but the rest is great and I don't see any other lie

• #FreeBritney Activist

We been knew Britney has always stayed inclusive with involving Black artists in her work, whether as producers, songwriters, or dancers. 

14 minutes ago, God_Donna said:

Ari shade? 

Either Ariana or Justin T probably

• #FreeBritney Activist
Eternium

I’ve credited a lot of it for why she was so well-liked globally.

• #FreeBritney Activist
1 hour ago, abrahamjmr said:

one of the few to say she was directly influenced by Janet and Michael jackson.

Loved Prince, Whitney, Toni braxton, TLC, Boyz II men, Mariah carey, Brandy, otis redding etc.

She really knew how to show influence but make it Britney too.

• #FreeBritney Activist
51 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Glory from 2014 :deadbanana:

That article is a mess but the rest is great and I don't see any other lie

well, Private show is a bad version of Tina Turner at karaoke night after a few drinks. 

It's not a reach.

Sugar-Rush

I love Britney, but it irks me slightly that when she uses Black songwriters and producers, it's called being "influenced" by Black art, but when other White artists do it, it's called "cultural appropriation". :biblio: The double standards by the media and pop culture "experts" is annoying.

Reminds me of how Madonna got away with blatantly copying female movie stars by calling it an "homage", but whenever Gaga was inspired by Madonna, it was considered "stealing". :rip:

Edited by Sugar-Rush
  • #FreeBritney Activist
abrahamjmr
9 minutes ago, Sugar-Rush said:

I love Britney, but it irks me slightly that when she uses Black songwriters and producers, it's called being "influenced" by Black art, but when other White artists do it, it's called "cultural appropriation". :biblio: The double standards by the media and pop culture "experts" is annoying.

Reminds me of how Madonna got away with blatantly copying female movie stars by calling it an "homage", but whenever Gaga was inspired by Madonna, it was considered "stealing". :rip:

Perhaps those other artists were or said problematic stuff at some point. Britney was always attacked in so many fronts, why would people attack her for what she did or whom she worked with when she wasn't actually appropiating anything and had always given credit where it was due. 

I don't know about Gaga, perhaps Madonna's fans were coming for her - the same way they did with Britney in the 90s. 

• #FreeBritney Activist
frozemmm

Some of what billboard wrote was a reach:rip:

... also not Glory :deadbanana4:

Jeremiah
5 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

It doesn't say "urban". Private Show is clearly inspired on Motown sound.

Gagaretha
4 hours ago, Sugar-Rush said:

Agreed. No offense, I love Britney but Gaga wrote songs that were pitched to Britney and they even kept Gaga's vocals on Quicksand. And somehow Gaga was the only one constantly attacked for using the Madonna style...

Control1986

where is the credit for Aaliyah's snake? 

tenor.gif

• #FreeBritney Activist

Mhm. Fr tho, will.i.am collabs. Sabi collab. Nicki collab. Danja/Timbo/Keri crew productions. Tinashe collab. Rihanna collab. Her songs with Pharrell. Iggy collab. :eli:

FloridaKilos

And that's why she's the Princess of Pop.

Control1986

where is the credit for Aaliyah's snake? 

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, Sugar-Rush said:

I love Britney, but it irks me slightly that when she uses Black songwriters and producers, it's called being "influenced" by Black art, but when other White artists do it, it's called "cultural appropriation". :biblio: 

I understand where this statement is coming from, but I think I see what made how Britney did it different. 

Britney always explained that she loved the sound of The Neptune’s, for example. When she collabed with them, the finished product was still very much a Britney Spears song. Britney never tried to pass as darker, change her speaking voice, and use slang in her songs (other pop stars have done one if not all).

dirrtydiana

:clap3:

britney is the sweetest. to think when I was younger it used to bother me she didn’t have as many writing credits as I’d like but now I stan and admire the fact that she’s always been so real and transparent. This is why everyone loves her no matter what age, race, financial status they are. 
only a handful of people can boast this. Others can’t relate and hate to see it

:clap3: